Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I don't think he's in Belarus

He doesn't seem very repentant at all

The actual audio is in that Dimitri tweet at the bottom but I'm no speaker or Orcish

I've seen posts he's at Greenworld Hotel or some shit like that. He could be anywhere now though. 

Your right, he doesn't sound like he gives a shit tbh. Like you I don't have a scooby what he's talking about but he sounds pretty bullish still. Not like someone who's wings have been clipped. 

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

7 hours ago, Genie said:

True, but it’s understandable that he might want to keep his head down. He’s already sort of won. No need to stoke the fire any more.

The people of Russia expect their leader to do a bit of leadership but he’s vanished. 

He's won alright -- a lifetime supply of potatoes and vodka, an irritable mistress named Olga, and continual paranoia about what he touches (and that includes Olga), eats, or breathes. But at least there's the beach house at the local municipal reservoir. 😉

• Haha 1

Can we also just say, this has got to be the most bizarre and comical moments in the history of any nuclear superpower? I can imagine the ghosts of Chekhov and Nabokov and Bulgokov laughing their heads off. This would have all so seemed so perfectly Russian to them.

I feel like I already see the shaky video of Priggy's half-mutilated body hogtied to a T-72  -- he practically looks half-dead while alive, so it's not hard to imagine.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

1. Head of the Wagner mercenary group Yevgeny Prigozhin has recorded an 11-minute audio message after leading Saturday's mutiny
  2. In it he says his men headed to Moscow to "hold to account" those leaders he blamed for "mistakes" in the Ukraine war
  3. He denied his "march for justice" was aimed at toppling Russian President Vladimir Putin

I’m pretty sure he said that there would be a new president by the end of the day…

bbc

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I’m pretty sure he said that there would be a new president by the end of the day…

bbc

And Putin said he’d kill every single terrorist traitor, then they cancelled the coup and decided to be friends..

Both men are pathological liars, along with many other bad things.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bickster said:

That second tweet isn't remotely from a reliable source. I agree that Prigozhin probably didn't leave Rostov-on-Don but there's nothing anywhere to say that Utkin was leading the convoy, especially as Utkin was proven a long time ago to be an asset of the GRU, supposedly it is Utkin that gave Wagner PMC it's name, as Wagner was his callsign in the Ru Army, the official narrative being that it was he that founded the PMC. That has never been that credible and Belingcat kind of proven that the whole Wagner PMC thing was basically a GRU front. There were many links between Utkin and GRU handlers, including flights they travelled on together

Bellingcat (Article predates the invasion)

Someone was obviously leading the column, I'm not so sure it was Utkin though given his connections to the GRU

There were a lot of sources for Utkin being the squad leader. I just picked one at random. 

Back and forth, back and forth we go. The situation seems still dangerously fluid and absurd ... stunning flip-flops and bold repudiations are hurled around. Reminds me of Nabokov's adage that nuance doesn't survive very well in modern Russia. It didn't take long for Wagner rank and file to toss away another "hero" ...

In online messages analysed by BBC Verify, Wagner troops and their relatives raged against Prigozhin's decision to halt his dramatic march on Moscow and withdraw from the captured city of Rostov. "The bald waste of space destroyed Wagner PMC with his own hands. And screwed everyone he could," fumed one online poster claiming to be a Wagner fighter on a Telegram channel with 200,000 followers.

"It's been another senseless revolt," they added. Telegram is the social media platform of choice for Wagner soldiers and pro-war circles in Russia, allowing often anonymous communication with thousands of followers at a time.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

3 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

It's like a stand-up comedy revue or something at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival -- except the comics have access to nukes. It's so completely disturbing and hilarious, like those poor Russian beluga spy whales. What's next?

giphy.gif

Edited by Marka Ragnos

11 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

The armed rebellion would have suffered defeat, we’ll never know as he negotiated a deal with them to get them to turn around and head home whilst he flew to another city :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Can’t make head nor tail of this … is the rebellion back on?

On the face of it, Putin and/or the Kremlin have reneged on the "charges will be dropped" statements from Friday when it comes to the coup leadership. As for new conflict or fighting, no, it's just words right now. Contradictory reports on the feelings and actions of the Wagnerite rank and file. That's basically where things stand, AFAIK. Putin is talking tough now that Wagner seemingly have no visible clear leader. He looks like a coward or a fool at the moment. It's said he's trying to sign them up to his agenda.

DOmXGQOWkAEcCWg.jpeg

Edited by Marka Ragnos

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â