• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Isn’t this shades of Gorbachev and Yeltsin , whereby Yeltsin stopped the bloodshed and then Gorby very quietly stood down a few months later and Yeltsin took power via a bloodless coup ( short version of events ) 

But yeah you’d think  Prigozhin would be searching on right move for bungalows right about now 

Agreed Tony

History ( and parenting) is littered with promises of “ I’ll be good” before the natural order was restored!

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is all very odd. What was the purpose? 

Get rid of Shoigu and Gerasimov and stop the law which essentially subsumed Wagner into the state military. Pretty sure it's worked as well and we will hear about changes in the Russian MOD soon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think he looks 100x weaker

you're all right I was just thinking very quickly and conspiratorially as to why the suddent volte face, but yes fair enough

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is all very odd. What was the purpose? 

I don't believe it for a second and it has a 99.9% probability of being untrue*1, but the idiots testing how Ukraine would respond? Russia are struggling so maybe they thought "hello, we can see what they have here if they jump".*2.  *3. *4.

*1. I haven't performed any statistical tests, 
*2. Must be read in a Russian accent (call yourself Vasily if need be.  It's fine, it's just "Basil" in English terms).
*3. Have a nice evening. 
*4. You didn't need to read this as there are changes apparently. 

Edited by trekka

11 minutes ago, djdabush said:

Get rid of Shoigu and Gerasimov and stop the law which essentially subsumed Wagner into the state military. Pretty sure it's worked as well and we will hear about changes in the Russian MOD soon.

Pretty sure this is the only thing Lukashenko had to offer Prigoshin 

My thoughts exactly..... Putins next speech, " After speaking to the backstabbing traitors I have come to understand their frustrations at my poor leadership. I have promised them a pardon and in return we'll all be mates again."

• Like 2

He can't be naive enough to think he can get concessions from Putin and not risk falling out of a window in fairly short order, right? There's got to be more of a play here.

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

He can't be naive enough to think he can get concessions from Putin and not risk falling out of a window in fairly short order, right? There's got to be more of a play here.

Who is going to throw him out of a window? He's just rolled up 200km from Moscow with very little opposition and is now wandering back under his own steam. This is after being called a traitor, back stabber and after being told they'd be punished. Even if Prighozin was taken out Putin has looked a complete fool in all this. Commander in Chief being ignored by his troops after this mornings speech and now bowing to mutinous troops. It doesn't get worse than that. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

With more enemies and a renewed reason to be killed off.

Indeed, and while he's shown his force can seriously embarrass Russia, Putin won't be attacking him with an army, it'll be an assassin. But he's not got to the position he has by being an idiot, surely.

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Who is going to throw him out of a window? He's just rolled up 200km from Moscow with very little opposition and is now wandering back under his own steam. This is after being called a traitor, back stabber and after being told they'd be punished. Even if Prighozin was taken out Putin has looked a complete fool in all this. Commander in Chief being ignored by his troops after this mornings speech and now bowing to mutinous troops. It doesn't get worse than that. 

He has a powerful army certainly. Is that going to stop one hitman? Possibly. What about the next one, and the one after that. Putin's forces look weak, but there's no indication the security services aren't behind him?

He must have a next move, or he'll be looking over his shoulder for as long as Putin lives

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

With more enemies and a renewed reason to be killed off.

Who are the new enemies? He’s actually showed he has more support that anyone thought before

The enemies he has today, are the enemies he had last week. Thing is they now know a little bit of what he’s capable of and he’s not a bullshitter

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â