• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

24 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

We could be 2 hours away from the battle of Moscow.  

We could be 2 hours away from the fall of Putin.  

We could be 2 hours away from the start of the Russian Civil War. 

Wow!!!!!!

He'll be in Argentina soon enough.  "Wow!!!!!!" is an understatement.

Edited by trekka
Missed off an exclamation mark. Or two (maybe three).
  • Like 1

So does anyone think this Wagner stuff is actually good news? Even if they someone get to Moscow and hang putin from a tree we’re just going to replace one ultra right nutjob for another. Wagner aren’t all of a sudden going to withdraw from Ukraine, call free and fair elections and hand over power are they?

Throw in the added complication of Russia having a shit load of nukes and suddenly a change of leader by coup for someone who we know very little about seems super dicey.

Just now, desensitized43 said:

So does anyone think this Wagner stuff is actually good news? Even if they someone get to Moscow and hang putin from a tree we’re just going to replace one ultra right nutjob for another. Wagner aren’t all of a sudden going to withdraw from Ukraine, call free and fair elections and hand over power are they?

Throw in the added complication of Russia having a shit load of nukes and suddenly a change of leader by coup for someone who we know very little about seems super dicey.

The best scenario I can see, is it causes Russian military forces to have a couple of days of eyes off the ball and gets Russian frontline troops thinking perhaps they don’t want to die covered in mud whilst they don’t know who’s in charge. They get up and walk away. This gives Ukraine a momentum to make real advances beyond the half decent Russian defences and begin a rout.

Meanwhile, after a few deaths on both Russian sides, a reduced Putin keeps power and everyone can see he wasn’t a real Wizard, he was actually just an old man behind a big green curtain. Russia limps on for a few years unable to try to take land again before all its border states have joined the EU and or NATO in some sort of capacity even if not full membership.

Russia becomes pre occupied with keeping various lids on various regions.

Broadly, a status quo with a weakened discredited Russian military with no income to rebuild and prove a point.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I hope a Russian Civil War means that war in Ukraine is no longer feasible. 

I hope that there are minimal casualties but Russia loses even more military equipment.  

I hope Russia breaks down into its component regions.  

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

Fledimir Putin

Very good! I still prefer to use the term "pootin" as he is hopefully shi**ing himself and in a small tin.  Then again, I hope he is putin a grave soon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s not that long ago that inTurkey there was a plot/series of events to overthrow Erdogan. It got close, but failed and all the plotters, plus a ton of other people he just didn’t like got locked up and worse. These things don’t always play out successfully.  Maybe Putin, like Erdogan, will emerge still powerful, but then again…

The mercenary bod seems even more war-y than Putin. How come there’s so many bad folk in Russia?

• Like 1

"The man from the Kremlin is obviously very afraid and probably hiding somewhere, not showing himself. I am sure that he is no longer in Moscow".

Wow. 

As the rapidly-evolving events in Russia continue, Volodymyr Zelenskyy has said he is "sure" Vladimir Putin is no longer in Moscow. 

Sharing his nightly address on Telegram, the Ukrainian president said "today is a day when there should definitely be no silence" and "leadership is definitely needed". 

"Today the world saw that the masters of Russia do not control anything. Nothing at all. Just complete chaos," he wrote. 

He vowed that his troops will "definitely be able to protect Europe from any Russian forces", adding that the security of the eastern flank "depends" on Ukraine's defence. 

"The man from the Kremlin is obviously very afraid and probably hiding somewhere, not showing himself. I am sure that he is no longer in Moscow".

Sky News

Yevgeny Prigozhin has agreed to de-escalate the situation in Russia, the Belarusian president's office has said. 

Boo hiss , just when it looked interesting 

Edited by tonyh29

I think instability is always scary, especially in a global area that has a number of existing regional things bubbling away under the surface. That's not to say that a bad stability under Putin is in any way a preference, it's not, but I think we might be at the start of a very long and very difficult period for the region - having a whole bundle of instability all the way from Finland to China is a little bit unsettling.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â