• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

The big question is what will Prigozhin want/do if he seizes control?

I assume first up would be some sort of negotiation with Zelensky. Could he suggest to formally hand over Crimea to Russia in exchange for leaving the rest of Ukraine? Would the West be supportive of such a compromise? 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I assume first up would be some sort of negotiation with Zelensky. Could he suggest to formally hand over Crimea to Russia in exchange for leaving the rest of Ukraine? Would the West be supportive of such a compromise? 

His rant the other day suggested he was going back to Ukraine to take it , didn’t it ? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

His rant the other day suggested he was going back to Ukraine to take it , didn’t it ? 

I assume this was for the Ukrainian audience. There will be a ceasefire, and then option to end the war is my prediction. 

He will have seen the hell of the battlefield with his own eyes, I can’t imagine he is especially keen to head back.

Edited by Genie

15 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I don't buy that. He's been literally celebrated on every propaganda show in Russia over the last 12 months. Been recruiting from every jail, got several Wagner headquarters with the biggest one in Moscow.  They know who he is.  

I’ve no idea tbh , I just reported what they said on the news , think it was the former Russian Ambassador that said it ( might have been the presenter before though )

think he said it in the context of don’t expect the Russian people to turn on Putin and follow this guy and he’s more widely known in the west than he is in Russia 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

He's not going to seize control of Moscow. Not a chance. What he needs to do is turn as many military units to his side asap in the hope the Russian MOD collapse and negotiate. Then Putin could be in the shit if he is undermined from those protecting his ass. I think it's doubtful but one thing is for certain, the footsoldiers have far more respect for Prighozin than those in Moscow. How far Prighozin can push that who knows right now. 

Taking Rostov is smart though, rather than leave themselves out in the open. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I assume this was for the Ukrainian audience. There will be a ceasefire, and then option to end the war is my prediction. 

Let’s hope so 

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

He's not going to seize control of Moscow. Not a chance. What he needs to do is turn as many military units to his side asap in the hope the Russian MOD collapse and negotiate. Then Putin could be in the shit if he is undermined from those protecting his ass. I think it's doubtful but one thing is for certain, the footsoldiers have far more respect for Prighozin than those in Moscow. How far Prighozin can push that who knows right now. 

Taking Rostov is smart though, rather than leave themselves out in the open. 

I think it depends how much resistance the troops protecting the Kremlin put up. So far it looks like there’s no resistance at all, Wagner are being waves through checkpoints. Wagner also seems to have some senior Russian armed forces generals at his side. 

Putin will want to negotiate sooner rather than later. 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think it depends how much resistance the troops protecting the Kremlin put up. So far it looks like there’s no resistance at all, Wagner are being waves through checkpoints. Wagner also seems to have some senior Russian armed forces generals at his side. 

Putin will want to negotiate sooner rather than later. 

Putin can't negotiate now he's declared they're all traitors and will be punished. He's made his stance clear now and any deviation from that makes him look incredibly weak. He won't negotiate.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

He will have seen the hell of the battlefield with his own eyes, I can’t imagine he is especially keen to head back.

I don't know what's going to happen but he's a mercenary, he lives for war. That's why Wagner exist.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I don't know what's going to happen but he's a mercenary, he lives for war. That's why Wagner exist.

That’s just his current gig.

He’s a chancer on a journey. Hot dog seller, restaurant owner, military leader… politician?

9 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

There was a quote from someone on SkyNews earlier saying the people of Rostov were telling Wagner to leave because they didn’t want their city destroyed. 

It’s lovely they think they have options the innocent people of Ukraine didn’t.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Well in reality he isn’t a mercenary at all, he’s a hot dog vendor

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â