• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

21 hours ago, LondonLax said:

The US is now claiming it was Ukrainians who blew up Nord Stream, which certainly makes far more sense than the far fetched idea that Russia crippled their own infrastructure. 

It seems pretty unlikely that the job was solely a private operation though. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/07/us/politics/nord-stream-pipeline-sabotage-ukraine.html

The CIA was not involved in any way whatsoever. :detect:

14 minutes ago, villakram said:

The CIA was not involved in any way whatsoever. :detect:

Personally I have no issue with the US taking it out. It’s reduced fossil fuel delivery into the EU, stops a Russian revenue stream and focused a few minds on finding alternative energy sources. 

51 minutes ago, bickster said:

Pro-Ukrainian Group is not the same as Ukrainians

Yep, there is a house up the road from me who have had a Ukrainian flag draped across the front. It could be them.  Pretty sure I saw a bloke in a snorkel going in there last year. 

His name may be Steve, I couldn't say. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not bothered who destroyed the pipeline, they did us a favour.

Funniest would be a Russian false flag operation, perfectly possible would be ‘ex’ western special forces acting ‘independently’, insider knowledge tells me it was just stop oil submariner division.

Russia has once again targeted civilians with missiles in several big cities last night and this morning, and once again UA anti-air has taken down close to 100% of the missiles that were bound for military installations.

Russia keeps targeting apartments to brag that they're hitting something, it's just sad. 

Generally the missile strikes come when Russia is losing on the battlefield though, so hopefully this is a sign that they're feeling like they're losing conventionally.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 3

Only 34 of the 81 missiles launched were intercepted which is very sad.

It’s unfathomable that this is still going on. A war Russia cannot and will not be allowed to win so they periodically launch cruise missiles at civilians. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Genie said:

Only 34 of the 81 missiles launched were intercepted which is very sad.

It’s unfathomable that this is still going on. A war Russia cannot and will not be allowed to win so they periodically launch cruise missiles at civilians. 

They launched some Kinzhal missiles at Ukraine. Mach 12 top speed.

Another view from last night protest in Tbilisi. It seems that Eastern Europe really has had enough of oppressive Russian influence. 

When your neighbours want to distance themselves from you, it's time to rethink how you treat people.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Really interesting short piece from Times correspondent Anthony Loyd. Mentions the situation in Bakhmut but interestingly mentions that not only have the Russians(Wagner) put everything into this offensive but the Ukrainians have used a lot of reservists planned for a spring offensive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mozzavfc said:

Can Georgia join the EU? I assume they can't join NATO as they still claim South Ossetia from the Russians 

EU membership is a long process, even if Ukraine join the EU eventually it won't be for many, many years. Although this war might just make them shoehorn Ukraine in. For Georgia its not realistic.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â