• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

9 hours ago, magnkarl said:

It’s bots and previously banned people spreading fake news that are now on due to Elon’s personal views.

‘The latest updates from the war in Ukraine’ feed quickly disappeared when Musk completed his purchase. I thought he was buying it so there’d be more free speech/balanced info but he’s done the opposite

spacer.png

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Has the front line changed at all since the retake of Kherson?   Looks like stalemate until the spring?

Only minimally around Bakhmut in the East. The small town of Soledar has now become the focal point of Russia's(Wagner) advance. A town that had a 10.000 population before the war. It's literally the 2nd army in the world struggling to take a big village. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Has the front line changed at all since the retake of Kherson?   Looks like stalemate until the spring?

Ukraine seems to focus on Kreminna, as this is where most of Russia's supplies are funneled through. They're within fire range of the town and have effectively conducted small advances for about a month now. Other than that, Wagner has moved 2km into Soledar, but are effectively stopped by Ukraine at the river and railroad embankment to the West of the city. Wagner have had such losses gaining 2/3s of Soledar that much of it is rendered combat ineffective. This was essentially what Sieverodonetsk was for Kadyrov, just that it happened to Wagner this time.

1 hour ago, Mozzavfc said:

Not just Wagner using prisoners. Looks like prisoners being put to work in the Russian arms industry 

RDT_20230113_1211003567660297750046432.jpg

That’s what the USA does as well. They have private prisons over there where the inmates make military uniforms etc for the US army and earn slave wages, while the company running the prison takes in the profits from the fat defence contracts. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

That’s what the USA does as well. They have private prisons over there where the inmates make military uniforms etc for the US army and earn slave wages, while the company running the prison takes in the profits from the fat defence contracts. 

Yeah there is a whole industry built around (almost) free prison labor over there.

24 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah there is a whole industry built around (almost) free prison labor over there.

If a private business wants to win a local contract they must present the governor with a home made pie and an envelope. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

If a private business wants to win a local contract they must present the governor with a home made pie and an envelope. 

I've been trying to think of a way to crowbar Shawshank in.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, limpid said:

Do you have a link? I'm curious how long training will take.

We've had Ukrainians over for months training. Wouldn't be suprised if this has ready happened. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Anyone else think it's convenient Ukraine have lost some ground to Russia recently whilst seeking these better tanks? 

Just coincide I'm sure. 

I would suspect its the other way around.

I doubt they’ve deliberately allowed troops to die to get better kit. I’d suspect they’ve been asking for the better kit all along and its a lot easier for the media to sell that story when the war isn’t going in a straightforward manner. I’d be fairly sure the endlessly positive message of Russian retreat and incompetence has not helped persuade western leaders to reach deeper in to their pockets. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â