• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Last night I couldn't sleep and then at about 2am unwisely ended up reading press articles about Russia and Putin (including his speech the other day full of "anti-western bile") and I suddenly become so worried about his state of mind and his evil, and certain top generals of his who would appear to be the same as him. And then I remembered this thread and wondered how many of you posters on it are also now very worried about the risk of WW3 starting soon. Three points at Elland Road suddenly seems less important to me. 

Edited by robby b

27 minutes ago, robby b said:

Last night I couldn't sleep and then at about 2am unwisely ended up reading press articles about Russia and Putin (including his speech the other day full of "anti-western bile") and I suddenly become so worried about his state of mind and his evil, and certain top generals of his who would appear to be the same as him. And then I remembered this thread and wondered how many of you posters on it are also now very worried about the risk of WW3 starting soon. Three points at Elland Road suddenly seems less important to me. 

I think you'll be okay if you're in Chile. I don't see it getting too hot there tbh. 😉

Just now, avfc1982am said:

I think you'll be okay if you're in Chile. I don't see it getting too hot there tbh. 😉

Omg :<

I'll probably have to move back to the UK by September next year at the latest, maybe earlier. Unless I grit my teeth and go back to teaching EFL in group classes in a language school, which I swore I won't do again, but suddenly this work doesn't seem so bad to me afterall! :s 

Edited by robby b

5 minutes ago, robby b said:

Omg :<

I'll probably have to move back to the UK by September next year at the latest, maybe earlier.

No you won't, UK won't be here then. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

If Russia did go full nuke against NATO, I wonder what would happen to the world afterwards. 

Obviously Russia would be toast as would The UK and most of Europe. 

How hard hit realistically would The US be? A few major cities but the majority of the country would be relatively untouched by direct strikes you would think. 

Would The Middle and Far East be totally untouched? Most of South America? 

How would China react, it's hard to see anything beyond them taking over The World unless The US can remain strong. 

Obviously this doesn't take into account fallout and Nuclear Winter but I'm assuming countries where infrastructure remains completely intact manage to remain pretty strong. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If Russia did go full nuke against NATO, I wonder what would happen to the world afterwards. 

Obviously Russia would be toast as would The UK and most of Europe. 

How hard hit realistically would The US be? A few major cities but the majority of the country would be relatively untouched by direct strikes you would think. 

Would The Middle and Far East be totally untouched? Most of South America? 

How would China react, it's hard to see anything beyond them taking over The World unless The US can remain strong. 

Obviously this doesn't take into account fallout and Nuclear Winter but I'm assuming countries where infrastructure remains completely intact manage to remain pretty strong. 

Only cockroaches and people from Stoke would survive. 

5 hours ago, blobbyrob said:

I wonder why he was suddenly disconnected??? 

It was probably more likely a sign of crumbling Russian infrastructure than an all seeing all controlling overlord cutting him off.

Russia have lost many men of prime working age in the last 6 months. Hundreds of thousands more have now been pulled out of their day jobs (in IT or wherever) and called up to be drafted. On top of that probably multiples more have left their desks, grabbed their belongings and fled for the border.

I imagine that kind of ‘brain drain’ is going to start showing up in faults and delays all through Russian society.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It was probably more likely a sign of crumbling Russian infrastructure than an all seeing all controlling overlord cutting him off.

Russia have lost many men of prime working age in the last 6 months. Hundreds of thousands more have now been pulled out of their day jobs (in IT or wherever) and called up to be drafted. On top of that probably multiples more have left their desks, grabbed their belongings and fled for the border.

I imagine that kind of ‘brain drain’ is going to start showing up in faults and delays all through Russian society.  

I think generally that's a very valid point. I think in this instance, however, that isn't the case.

This is a Russian TV propaganda programme, the people working on this will absolutely not get drafted.

10 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The Mafia, I'd bet will also have a much stronger hold on society as well.

14 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

The Mafia, I'd bet will also have a much stronger hold on society as well.

I doubt they can have a much stronger hold on Russian society. A Deputy Governor of the Russian Central Bank is allegedly a Russian Maffia boss (Aleksandr Torshin)

And there are links from Torshin to Alexander Romanov (the Taganskya Clan) and from there onto someone whose name ends in Trump Jr

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

I would be getting nervous if I was an art student / busker 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tinker said:

I would be getting nervous if I was an art student / busker 

I think they're OK really. It's the portly ageing TV presenters I'd be more worried for. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â