• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m just worried about all their cardboard tanks if it rains during the parade.

I’m worried about them getting towed away by cardboard tractors

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

They are a bit more technologically advanced these days

45th_Separate_Engineer-Camouflage_Regime

Aircraft_preparation_-_S-300_SAM_mock_up

Aircraft_preparation_-_Russia_5.jpg

45th_Separate_Engineer-Camouflage_Regime

I can see a few Ukrainian snipers with air rifles taking out those inflatable tanks. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

It's actually mind boggling that you've arrived at that conclusion

It is essentially their version of Remembrance Day. Turning a day of remembrance into a protest isn't really acceptable behaviour is it. The flags are banned for one day at 15 specific sites in Berlin, mostly Soviet War Memorials in the East of the city. It's not Germany, it's Berlin and it's for one specific day

There's a lot to criticise Germany for in all this, this isn't one of them

How is it a protest to bring the flag of a country that lost several million soldiers in said war when remembering soldiers who died defending i.e Kyiv? Ukraine isn’t a Russian entity, denying i.e a family of a Ukrainian red army soldier from WW2 from bringing their flag while other flags are allowed seems bureaucratic at best and insensitive at worst. Said flag came into use in 1918, and red army units from this area had the flag on their uniform. 

Edited by magnkarl

13 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

How is it a protest to bring the flag of a country that lost several million soldiers in said war when remembering soldiers who died defending i.e Kyiv? Ukraine isn’t a Russian entity, denying i.e a family of a Ukrainian red army soldier from WW2 from bringing their flag while other flags are allowed seems bureaucratic at best and insensitive at worst. Said flag came into use in 1918, and red army units from this area had the flag on their uniform. 

Stop embarrassing yourself

30 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Seems like the Germans applied common sense and you're either not or don't want to

You've been fairly critical to the point of almost anti Germany in here before 

There's sticks to beat Germany with over Russia, this isn't one of them 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Seems like the Germans applied common sense and you're either not or don't want to

I think they have. Rather than create potential conflict between pro Russians and Ukrainians or sympathisers they've defused things somewhat. Sensible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, bickster said:

Stop embarrassing yourself

Great argument 👍

My sentiment that you deem embarrassing is that you don’t punish the bullied, but rather control the bully. There’s what, 8-9 places in Berlin that the police would need to control on the day. Police in other German towns have done well without incident all weekend. 

Edited by magnkarl

23 minutes ago, tinker said:

Bet Putin's nervous about showing his face at the parade , golden opportunity to get a clean shot at him. 

I’d imagine there’s a fairly strong case to be made for being surrounded by bulletproof glass but I suspect his ego wouldn’t allow it. 
The place will be so locked down though. I’d imagine security would be tighter than a gnat’s chuff. 

And FWIW you have the right to protest in Germany but you do of course require a permit to protest in publicly owned spaces 

If you want to have a public assembly at a war memorial you need a permit, when the article says "banned" I would guess that more realistically they simply denied the application from both sides whilst issuing the permit for the remembrance, if they didn't apply for a permit then that's the law, same for everyone 

No permit no protest

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yes I’ve been critical of Germany on this, and I don’t think that’s been out of order. Germany trades Russian gas for their industrial wealth. I don’t think that is anti German. I speak German and go to Germany 10+ times a year and there’s a large opposition to Germany’s policies on Russia in said country. Are they also anti German?

In that case I’m also anti UK, as I detest our policy on Saudi Arabia and think democracies should get better bed fellows than autocratic, inhumane dictatorial regimes. One of which Germany pays a substantial amount of cash for the war effort every day.

Edited by magnkarl

Seems the new Kherson airport is Snake Island, tb2’s have hit targets there 3 days in a row. 2 boats, one helicopter and what appears to be a missile launcher of some sort. 

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Yes I’ve been critical of Germany on this, and I don’t think that’s been out of order. Germany trades Russian gas for their industrial wealth. I don’t think that is anti German. I speak German and go to Germany 10+ times a year and there’s a large opposition to Germany’s policies on Russia in said country. Are they also anti German?

In that case I’m also anti UK, as I detest our policy on Saudi Arabia and think democracies should get better bed fellows than autocratic, inhumane dictatorial regimes. One of which Germany pays a substantial amount of cash for the war effort every day.

Take a Saudi Arabian flag to the cenotaph and chant about them being bastards on remembrance day then. See if any of the families thank you for it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Seems the new Kherson airport is Snake Island, tb2’s have hit targets there 3 days in a row. 2 boats, one helicopter and what appears to be a missile launcher of some sort. 

Not convinced they are three separate attacks, possibly only two and even more possibly only one. Though there has been at least two attacks this week, The original one where Ukraine wiped out every Russian there and these latest one(s) where Russia was attempting to retake the island. I just think there's been a delay in various bits of video coming out.

there is one interesting thing though, as the helicopter wasn't actually landed, I've seen it said that its the first time a drone has taken out an aircraft in flight

9 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Take a Saudi Arabian flag to the cenotaph and chant about them being bastards on remembrance day then. See if any of the families thank you for it.

I don't think you got the point. It may be down to my phrasing so I'll try again.

For this argument to be valid I'd bring the Yemeni flag to remember my potential dead Yemeni relatives in WW2. The UK government would then see this as some sort of provocation and deny me my right to bring the flag. Why would I want to bring the flag of the people causing the war?

The argument was that Ukrainians were being denied bringing their colours to Soviet/German WW2 remembrance sites as it could cause trouble which it didn't cause in any other German town outside of Berlin. 

Edited by magnkarl

42 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I don't think you got the point. It may be down to my phrasing so I'll try again.

Everyone got your point, they just happen to think it's wrong

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

For this argument to be valid I'd bring the Yemeni flag to remember my potential dead Yemeni relatives in WW2. The UK government would then see this as some sort of provocation and deny me my right to bring the flag. Why would I want to bring the flag of the people causing the war?

The argument was that Ukrainians were being denied bringing their colours to Soviet/German WW2 remembrance sites as it could cause trouble which it didn't cause in any other German town outside of Berlin. 

I think you worded that worse... 

The argument is that Ukrainians were denied taking their flags to WW2 remembrance because Germany, particularly in the east and in Berlin has a large number of Russian people who were also denied taking their flags to the same event, you seem to miss the point that all flags were banned 

Germany said no to both because that is common sense, they were of the opinion that the displaying of flags would lead to provocation in Berlin, read the statement they put out, are you saying that it doesn't make sense or that they are wrong? 

The war must not be allowed to spill over into conflicts or disputes in Berlin beyond the democratic discourse.”

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â