Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

Russia thought this war would be their sales ad for their awesome equipment and technology so China and India would buy from them. The item that everybody wants out of this war is probably the Ukranian made Stugna ATGM or Turkish made Bayraktar drone, seeing as there's so many videos of  two-men Stugna crews taking out several pieces of Russian armor pretty much on their own. I do hope that wherever Ukraine produces the Stugna and the munitions for it is still operable, they'll need much more of it.

Meanwhile, Russia lost the 2023 hosting of the Ice Hockey wc. Putin is a massive hockey fan so this must hurt.

Macron has announced that they're delivering heavy artillery (Caesar). I guess as a reaction to even Germany delivering heavy aid. 40 Ukranian soldiers are training in France with the new systems. The caesar systems do look a lot more mobile.

Macron's weapons

The Caesars will allow their crews to go hunting for Russian artillery pieces being used in eastern Ukraine that are indiscriminately pummeling civilian targets.

Edited by magnkarl

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

2 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Russia thought this war would be their sales ad for their awesome equipment and technology so China and India would buy from them. The item that everybody wants out of this war is probably the Ukranian made Stugna ATGM or Turkish made Bayraktar drone, seeing as there's so many videos of  two-men Stugna crews taking out several pieces of Russian armor pretty much on their own. I do hope that wherever Ukraine produces the Stugna and the munitions for it is still operable, they'll need much more of it.

Meanwhile, Russia lost the 2023 hosting of the Ice Hockey wc. Putin is a massive hockey fan so this must hurt.

Macron has announced that they're delivering heavy artillery (Caesar). I guess as a reaction to even Germany delivering heavy aid. 40 Ukranian soldiers are training in France with the new systems. The caesar systems do look a lot more mobile.

Macron's weapons

It’s been confirmed that UK has delivered another SAM system today but details are not being released. I stand by for correction by anyone ITK but guessing it must be Sky Sabre, unless we’ve purchased and shipped a SAM system from a third party.

Further to @bickster post on Russia closing off Poland’s gas, they’re shutting off Bulgaria tomorrow. Interestingly they are not messing with Germany, a pretty naked attempt to sow division in Europe. 

2 hours ago, magnkarl said:

The item that everybody wants out of this war is probably the Ukranian made Stugna ATGM or Turkish made Bayraktar drone

I'm fairly sure the  NLAW will be high on other countries agenda too

Also there are a lot of weapons we haven't really seen yet. I've not seen a Switchblade do anything yet as currently only the smaller variant is in Ukraine, the larger variant (The tank killing one) hasn't arrived yet. And I doubt well ever see what the Ghost drone that also hasn't arrived yet will do as I think the US may want to keep that as under wraps as they can

Also Ukraine have been downing an awful lot of Orlan-10 UAVs, primarily because of this Ukraine made drone jammer and thats why the vast majority of them appear to be downed intact

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I'm fairly sure the  NLAW will be high on other countries agenda too

Also there are a lot of weapons we haven't really seen yet. I've not seen a Switchblade do anything yet as currently only the smaller variant is in Ukraine, the larger variant (The tank killing one) hasn't arrived yet. And I doubt well ever see what the Ghost drone that also hasn't arrived yet will do as I think the US may want to keep that as under wraps as they can

I’m guessing there’s lots of drone tech we won’t be getting pictures from like the raptor drone that Germany are rumoured to have sent with their artillery systems too. Hopefully all these technological advances makes it easier for Ukraine to take out Russia’s artillery which is indiscriminately killing civilians.

Who’ll be the first to deliver anti ship missiles? Norway makes arguably the alliance’s best systems, but they’re out of the EU and seem quite worried about having to be Russia’s neighbour even after this war.

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

Also Ukraine have been downing an awful lot of Orlan-10 UAVs, primarily because of this Ukraine made drone jammer and thats why the vast majority of them appear to be downed intact

I bet that plays some funky 80s music

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Apparently the Norway to Poland gas pipeline was on schedule to begin 1/1/23.  

Poland have refused to pay in Rubles as per Putin's insistence. 

Poland say they already have a plan to transition if Russia stops the supply.  

Good time for us to have absolutely no gas in our house 

More from the above and others that more news may emerge about later

April 27 (Reuters) - Series of blasts were heard in the early hours of Wednesday in three Russian provinces bordering Ukraine, authorities said, and an ammunition depot in the Belgorod province caught fire around the same time.

...The Belgorod province borders Ukraine's Luhansk, Sumy and Kharkiv regions, all of which have seen heavy fighting since Russia invaded Ukraine two months ago.

Separately, Roman Starovoyt, the governor of Russia's Kursk province, which also borders Ukraine, said that explosions had been heard in Kursk city early on Wednesday which were most likely the sounds of air defence systems firing.

In Voronezh, the administrative centre of another province adjacent to Ukraine, Russia's TASS news agency cited an emergencies ministry official as saying that two blasts had been heard and the authorities were investigating.

Reuters

Russia continues to complain that NATO is arming Ukraine.  The vast majority of Ukraine military equipment came from the USSR/Russia who armed Ukraine for at least 75 years.  NATO does it for 2 months and Russia objects.

The real message is that NATO is supplying very effective weapons.

😁😁😁😁

Liz Truss giving a speech tonight to call for the unrestricted arming of Ukraine with whatever it requests, including aircraft. 

I’ve been hoping since the beginning that good numbers of Ukrainian pilots without aircraft were off training on F16s in the US, to be introduced later in the war. The US has legions of qualified contractors who could provide the ground support required.

It would be great if this news was rolling the PR pitch for something like that, but if not then send them the Migs ASAP.

• Like 1

Austria has buckled and will start paying the Kremlin in Rubles for its natural gas. Which way Germany falls on this is going to huge, either refusing and taking the economic hit (for a ridiculous energy policy their allies begged them not to adopt), or fold to Russian demands and destroy what remains of its reputation with allies and partners.

Tough spot, but I don’t remember Germany telling Greece it could take its time adjusting its economy to avoid excess economic pain…

0264456A-D7AE-4F59-895A-DEB9E5FB19DE.jpeg

Edited by Awol
Add screen shot

10 minutes ago, Awol said:

Austria has buckled and will start paying the Kremlin in Rubles for its natural gas. Which way Germany falls on this is going to huge, either refusing and taking the economic hit (for a ridiculous energy policy their allies begged them not to adopt), or fold to Russian demands and destroy what remains of its reputation with allies and partners.

Tough spot, but I don’t remember Germany telling Greece it could take its time adjusting its economy to avoid excess economic pain…

I’d have thought EU Gas was bought and paid for by the EU centrally. I’m surprised Austria can make a decision that undermines other countries in the block like that.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I’d have thought EU Gas was bought and paid for by the EU centrally. I’m surprised Austria can make a decision that undermines other countries in the block like that.

No each country has its own contracts for energy, it’s not done by the EU. 

• Thanks 1

It's such a shame, we seem to be moving further and further away from the idea of a negotiated peace here and closer and closer to a never ending accidental-proxy war, cheered on by those that find loud bangs and men with big guns ever so slightly arousing.

19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's such a shame, we seem to be moving further and further away from the idea of a negotiated peace here and closer and closer to a never ending accidental-proxy war, cheered on by those that find loud bangs and men with big guns ever so slightly arousing.

I'm not sure why you think that there was ever a chance of a negotiated peace. Putin and Russia haven't shown a single sign of talking in good faith.

This also won't be never ending, Russia will lose

Seriously, I'm no fan of war but this one really is unavoidable whilst Putin is in power and he has to be defeated for all our sakes Europe wide and further still

• Like 3

Â