• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I'd rather have Biden waiting for Nato to make a move, rather than Boris thinking of partnering up with Poland and supplying the tanks Nato or the US won't.

Boris needs to step down and leave it to the big boys.

I loathe Johnson but he’s still seeing the situation in Ukraine more clearly than other western leaders, pushing NATO to approve ever greater levels of support.  On Ukraine (alone) he’s doing a bloody great job and better then any other major western leader. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

I loathe Johnson but he’s still seeing the situation in Ukraine more clearly than other western leaders, pushing NATO to approve ever greater levels of support.  On Ukraine (alone) he’s doing a bloody great job and better then any other major western leader. 

Stupidly brave maybe?

8 minutes ago, trekka said:

Stupidly brave in what way? Do go on...

Well to be fair, it's Johnson, and even when he's right there's usually an element of stupidity there.

But I do agree he's been broadly right on Ukraine. Although allowing Liz Truss to be Foreign Secretary during potential WWIII and Priti Patel to be Home Secretary during a refugee crisis is hardly the work of a genius.

Credit where credit's due, though.

• Like 1

Russia is losing a lot of generals.  Or are they?  Have some of these Generals actually defected to the West?  Are they divulging plans, supply routes and weaknesses.

It would explain the high loss rate and the amazing success of the Ukraine Army. 

Before Gulf War 2, the USA is rumoured to have phoned most of the senior Iraqi military leadership and offered individual surrender terms.  It’s certainly feasible that they have done the same for Ukraine.  

Good to see that the forecast for East and North Ukraine is still freezing at night, rain and mud inducing low pressure.

May all Russian gear driven into fields sink into the mud and get stuck.

Edited by magnkarl

2 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Russia is losing a lot of generals.  Or are they?  Have some of these Generals actually defected to the West?  Are they divulging plans, supply routes and weaknesses.

It would explain the high loss rate and the amazing success of the Ukraine Army. 

Before Gulf War 2, the USA is rumoured to have phoned most of the senior Iraqi military leadership and offered individual surrender terms.  It’s certainly feasible that they have done the same for Ukraine.  

Nothing as exciting, unfortunately: 

Why are so many Russian generals dying?

A key reason for these losses can be attributed to a catastrophically rigid military command within the country. In the Russian military, generals are given broad authority: not only are strategic decisions made at their command level, but tactical too. Small-unit leadership is notoriously poor in the contemporary Russian army, with senior commanders generally expected to lead and manage from the front, thus leaving them much more vulnerable than their adversaries. Junior officers have traditionally been unable to exercise initiative, relying instead on an overly-involved general officer class for decision-making that would ordinarily be made at a much lower level.

Apparently Russia and Japan are still technically at War. Now Russia is undertaking drills on some disputed Islands which are one of the reasons why they never signed a peace treaty. 

I am the very model of a Russian Major-General;

The valour of my infantry is something quite ephemeral;

Of actors in this conflict we are clearly the uneasier;

We'll lose the fight in Kyiv like we lost in Zaporizhzya

(half-remembered from someone else's Twitter the other day)

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Feels like im watching a crazy ass movie in this mental world right now

A little OT , but the general footage shown from that launch is from a previous Hwasong-17 ICBM launch that blew up shortly after launch ….it’s possible  the March 24th launch was actually a modified Hwasong-15 , I guess to give the the illusion that the Hwasong-17 actually works and the DPRK have a missile capable of hitting America , when it might not 

Edited by tonyh29

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â