• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Really interesting if anyone wants to watch. Also at 09:25 he explains where the Russians would struggle in a large scale land battle. Organic and pop-up targets(precision targets), hence the use of more twin seaters as they also rely more on TV and optical guidance. He also breaks down all the technical abilities comparable to what the west has. 

Really interesting and probably the reason Ukraine have had success with aircrafts similar to the Mujahideen with stingers against the Russians.  

Russia has now launched close to 670 missiles into Ukraine, pretty much emptying their capacity. Putin thought it would be over in 1 day, so he prematurely used too many of his missiles. Good luck making new ones without chips and computing.

Similar to how he performs in the bed I presume. Two pump champ.

Edited by magnkarl

3 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Russia has now launched close to 670 missiles into Ukraine, pretty much emptying their capacity. Putin thought it would be over in 1 day, so he prematurely used too many of his missiles. Good luck making new ones without chips and computing.

How do you know they only have 670?

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

How do you know they only have 670?

They have more for sure. But a lot of them are based around Russia in defensive positions against I.e Norway, Lithuania, Estonia etc. it takes ages to make a missile, and that is if you have the ingredients and can afford to produce them. 

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Based on what? You think these sanctions are all a big pantomime?

No - but I don't see them stopping this war.

And Boris does have previous for making these grand policy statements - without any idea or planning on how to implement them.

The 2 Russian s with seized assets for example.

Edited by hippo

14 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

They have about 3,000 nukes don’t they? 

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

A terribly boring point to bring up with all the pew-pew-pew bang-bang-bang, I do wonder at what point this will be won or lost on basic logistics.  

And at some point the Ukranians will be fine for missiles and blokes to shoot them, and less fine for sleeping bags, coffee and toilet roll.

Edited by ml1dch

52 minutes ago, choffer said:

The Russian soldiers may have entered Ukraine as misinformed pawns doing the bidding of a POS, but they are going to leave as f***ing monsters.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Awol said:

Thanks, that’s a good read. Where I think she’s slightly off is focusing on the oligarchs - as ever, it’s the men with guns who tend to be decisive in questions of power.

The sanctions will bankrupt the state (as she says) at which point the military leadership either watches its forces (the source of their status and power) walk out of the gates, or they take action to right the ship by installing a new captain. 

When the people ordering you to do bad things can no longer even feed you, maintaining their position atop a pyramid of coercion becomes very difficult. 

You're right that ultimately it's the military that decide, but the examples of Iran, Cuba, Venezuela and Myanmar - to say nothing of North Korea - all show that a country can be really quite impoverished and politically and economically isolated with the miitary staying loyal.

I'm not saying a coup is impossible, bu nobody should be betting on it.

• Like 3

The USA is looking at lifting their range of sanctions on Venezuela after fifteen years of trying to starve the population.

So at least some good has come from this war as we make friends with other people with oil.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The USA is looking at lifting their range of sanctions on Venezuela after fifteen years of trying to starve the population.

So at least some good has come from this war as we make friends with other people with oil.

Yeah, I mean at some point western leaders may start to get a bit antsy about the escalating price of fuel and the effects of inflation. Macron's up soon, and it's mid-terms year in the States . . .

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

So they say. If their other equipment is anything to go by, their nukes are probably sticks of dynamite with "ultimate nuclear missile 9000" spray painted on the side.

Exactly. If the 670 odd regular vanilla missiles is anything like accurate then the reported 3,000 nuclear missiles can’t be anything like true.

Edited by Genie

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â