Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

I watched the 10 o’clock news last night on BBC1 and it was possibly the most traumatic bit of terrestrial TV I’ve ever seen.

Not just one part, but the part that sticks in the mind was an entire family lying dead at the side of the road. Children similar age to mine. And there are hundreds of others like them.

Then there were the child cancer patients being moved out. Then there was the orphans. Children with special needs. Old, young, frail, disabled. **** Putin. I hope someone **** him with a rifle before pulling the trigger.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

8 hours ago, bickster said:

buk.jpg?resize=680,453&ssl=1

Hailed by most military people as the most effective quickly deployed AA system in the world. Russia deploys this together with a mobile radar truck and several support units, and has bragged that it could take down any plane in the world.

The F-35 has special out of radar range missiles to counter this weapon. The caveat is that it now appears that Russia has very few, and that they're extremely open to drones.

Russia doesn't have many more 'active, proffessional men' waiting in the wings. They've even asked Syria for soldiers.

Russia Recruiting Syrians for Urban Combat in Ukraine, U.S. Officials Say

Moscow is recruiting Syrians skilled in urban combat to fight in Ukraine as Russia’s invasion is poised to expand deeper into cities, according to U.S. officials.

They're prepared to send death squads from a ruined country in though. Who's the fascist Putin?

13 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Is that not a passenger plane?

Screenshot_20220306-161734_Chrome.jpg

Both, I think. I just looked at the flight path and thought it’s either a tanker or an AWACS, and there’s no need for an AWACS really, so it’ll be a Voyager, probably.  But if someone else has better info on what it is/was I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

War in the US is not really war in the US. It’s sending people off to destroy another country so they know who’s boss whilst everything stays the same at home. 

Also whilst fueling the fires for their massive war industry, its a business 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

I have no combat experience as all we did was get angry at Iceland over cod a couple of times so we luckily didn't have to go to war.

Sounds a bit fishy, this isn’t the plaice for non-Russian stories 😂

Fish puns are back!

Reports from the Ukranian MOD that the foreign legion is starting to have a great effect on Ukraine's military, they've plugged gaps, helped with operational awareness and are proving a great asset. They're pleased with the amount of officers that have enlisted from the UK, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Germany and Hungary.. So far 16.000 have joined, with the bulk of these coming from the U.S and U.K.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Russia doesn't have many more 'active, proffessional men' waiting in the wings. They've even asked Syria for soldiers.

Russia Recruiting Syrians for Urban Combat in Ukraine, U.S. Officials Say

They're prepared to send death squads from a ruined country in though. Who's the fascist Putin?

Yes. Its an ageing country with a declining population.

45 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Reports from the Ukranian MOD that the foreign legion is starting to have a great effect on Ukraine's military, they've plugged gaps, helped with operational awareness and are proving a great asset. They're pleased with the amount of officers that have enlisted from the UK, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Germany and Hungary.. So far 16.000 have joined, with the bulk of these coming from the U.S and U.K.

16,000 men is basically a division, that’s an astonishing number. It’s going to get very messy when some are taken prisoner, but I’d imagined they’re being advised not to be.

AFAIK Priti Patel hasn't lost her job yet, so er, there's your answer. At a certain point even the racists of the country she usually dog whistles to must have some acknowledgement that Ukrainians are undeniably victims here. I mean for starters they're white so theoretically that should be more appealing to that depressingly large scum-sector of the electorate. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Rodders said:

AFAIK Priti Patel hasn't lost her job yet, so er, there's your answer. At a certain point even the racists of the country she usually dog whistles to must have some acknowledgement that Ukrainians are undeniably victims here. I mean for starters they're white so theoretically that should be more appealing to that depressingly large scum-sector of the electorate. 

What a bizarre post. 

12 minutes ago, Awol said:

Also, is Home Office actually evil? How the **** are we charging Ukrainians for visas and granting so few? It’s shameful behaviour. 

I guess that for a generation or more the mentality of the department has developed that it's their job to keep people out, and the more people coming in the "worse" they are performing and the fewer people coming in, the "better" they are doing. 

If that's how your job has been for all the time you've known it, it's pretty hard to suddenly change direction.

why? Priti Patel would influence decisions over visas for Ukraine? She objectively dog-whistles and smirks to **** arseholes in this country and has done for the past few years? The white element was a sarcastic jibe, even racists have hierarchies, where white immigrants are more easily accepted than non white? Seemed fairly self explanatory. 

• Like 1

Just now, ml1dch said:

I guess that for a generation or more the mentality of the department has developed that it's their job to keep people out, and the more people coming in the "worse" they are performing and the fewer people coming in, the "better" they are doing. 

If that's how your job has been for all the time you've known it, it's pretty hard to suddenly change direction.

Doesn’t say a lot for the quality of the department, but could well be true. 

The department get their direction from the responsible minister. Is it government policy to waive visa fees or have a preferential view on Ukranian applications? No? then they won't do it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â