Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

20 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He won't use one period. It's end of days even if he uses one even just in Ukraine. I still believe they are a deterrent nothing else.

Like has been said there's lots of nasty weapons to use before he goes nuclear.

Not much of a deterrent are they

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Well no one has bombed Russia.

Well i could put my 'don't give a shit' head on and say I wish someone would. But I would be roundly condemned I imagine.

We aint dealing with a normal regular leader,  dismissing his use of nukes as nonsense is as daft as someone invading a peaceful country for made up reasons. 

Yes he'll go chemical first if he feels he needs to but insisting he wouldn't go further is naive.

👍

Store owner: We have been fighting against Russia for 300 years

LVIV. The military store Rezervist no longer sells protective equipment to Ukrainians.

They give it away.

- We have fought against various forms of Russia for 300 years. This is just another stage in the fight for our country, says owner Solya, 35.

The queue outside the store that sells surplus military material consists of old and young, men and women. Two of them wrinkle their noses a little when we ask if we can come in, but then open the door welcomingly when we declare that we are journalists.

They want us to tell you what's going on here.

Owner Solya mutes the phone but says she will cancel the interview if her husband calls.

He belongs to the 303rd amphibious battalion and is currently stationed in Dnipro in eastern Ukraine , where fighting has been fierce since Russia invaded.

The two met in 2014 in Maydan Square in Kyiv, when they protested against President Viktor Yanukovych's government and the close ties to Russia.

When Russia annexed Crimea and invaded Donetsk and Luhansk in eastern Ukraine, the couple decided to raise money to buy military equipment for the army and the Ukrainian variant of the Home Guard, which are also involved in the country's defense.

The initiative was developed into the store we are in now.

Here you will find everything from folding knives, flashlights, wool socks, camouflage, sleeping bags, backpacks and clothes to cleaning kits for weapons. There used to be bulletproof helmets and safety vests, but they quickly sold out.

Since February 24, the store is much more than just a store.

- Now we sell everything at a discounted price and return to becoming volunteers, Solya explains.

The principle is that whoever wants and can pay. Those who do not have money get equipment for free.

- If a person comes here and says that they are going out to the front line but can not afford equipment, we give them the thumbs up to take what they need.

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/g6OJ2q/kriget-i-ukraina-butik-i-lviv-ger-bort-skyddsutrustning

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Its not even that many people

This is what 100,000 people on the streets of Moscow looks like. From 2011

Pg-30-protest-afp.jpg?quality=75&width=9

And this is 100,000 people protesting in Moscow in 1991 at the time of the collapse of the Soviet Union

Pictures+of+The+Fall+of+the+Soviet+Union

As someone commented in that thread “that’s not a protest rally , that’s just the queue at the ATM “

• Like 1

Evacuation negotiations for humanitarian corridors nothing but a cynical hoax, the Russians will kill as many Ukrainians as they can. More weapons, more sanctions. Do to Russia’s economy what Russia is trying to do to Ukraine.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The number of viva Russia replies on the villa Facebook is mental 

I guess it's bots but that makes it equally as mental if that's me watching it in full flow, there's hundreds of them 

It was the same when Villa put rainbow colours on for Pride, thousands of anti-gay posts.

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I guess it's bots but that makes it equally as mental if that's me watching it in full flow, there's hundreds of them 

The bots are truly out in force. I don't really use a lot of social media (BBC and this forum are my main sources of news), so it's a bit shocking when I venture out there to see tons of pro-Russia nonsense

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

It was the same when Villa put rainbow colours on for Pride, thousands of anti-gay posts.

I thought that was more the Egyptian trezueguet fanbase from the little I saw

Same as when they posted something about Jewish holidays 

6 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

The bots are truly out in force. I don't really use a lot of social media (BBC and this forum are my main sources of news), so it's a bit shocking when I venture out there to see tons of pro-Russia nonsense

It’s nice to think they are just bots. 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I thought that was more the Egyptian trezueguet fanbase from the little I saw

Same as when they posted something about Jewish holidays 

The world outside the political West has very different values that we can be a little uncomfortable with. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Where are the accounts (supposedly) from?

Interesting that with the loss of the Mriya An-225 (the world's largest cargo plane that was used to ferry COVID-vaccines amongst other things), Antonov are getting revenge by sending all of their cargo planes to be used to transport military equipment etc.

This one has been going back and forth from Estonia all day:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ur-11316/#2b060791

This one brought in more drones:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ur-82072/#2b062985

Antonov were tweeting how to make molotov cocktails at one point on their twitter page. 

Edited by trekka

3 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

It should be obvious, but here's why a no fly zone would be insane, it would be seen as a declaration of war on Russia, and starting WW3 that could potentially become nuclear is not something anyone wants.

Agree.

But I think over the next few weeks - it will become inevitable that the west is at war with Russia.

If/when we do get involved - we might find ourselves thinking it would have been easier to get involved earlier and how niave we were to think we could topple Putin with sanctions.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Where are the accounts (supposedly) from?

Loads of places, Tanzania, Bangladesh, kenya, Egypt, Iraq, tunisia

Part of me think its weird that villa have that kind of global following in the first place 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â