Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yes, if the plan was to press on, why would they remove Putin in the first place? That just wouldn't make sense. 

It wasn’t to press on, it was more of not retreating once done.

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

55 minutes ago, Adman said:

As a reasonable man, I just think it's time to let women rule the world.  We have had a good go, and we're just screwing it up over and over again.  Our fragile egos aren't cut out for positions of power

Agreed but if there’s one thing we know from history it’s that mens egos DO NOT let them relinquish positions of power. 

4 hours ago, Awol said:

Interesting thread that summarises some of the UK involvement with Ukraine to date.

Though I believe Johnson’s success so far is due to getting very good advice, at least he appears to be taking it. Given the stakes that’s good news.

I'm sorry, but who the **** is Ben Judah? He doesn't seem to cite any sources for these claims, and for some reason he seems to have disabled replies. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm sorry, but who the **** is Ben Judah? He doesn't seem to cite any sources for these claims, and for some reason he seems to have disabled replies. 

Spook-adjacent journalist I believe?

His replies are always turned off, it's nothing different for this thread.

• Thanks 1

I've been following him on twitter for a few years. Always worth listening to, whether you agree with him or not. I often don't, but still a useful voice. 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Wasn’t the news the other day that the Generals wanted to go in harder than they currently are and it was others that tempered it down.  The soldiers sound like they don’t want war, it was the Generals around Putin that wanted more.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Go on world! Keep on turning the screw.  The Russian population cannot stand for this. Aside from the link below, it is also reported that Samsung are donating $6M in humanitarian aid. 

BBC

Smartphone maker Samsung is halting shipments of its phones and chips to Russia "due to current geopolitical developments".

The company said it will "continue to actively monitor this complex situation to determine our next steps".

The South Korean electronics giant is the most popular smartphone maker in Russia, ahead of China's Xiaomi and America's Apple.

Edited by trekka

They bombed the zoo in Kharkiv. 

It took 10 years to build Kharkiv's Feldman Ecopark, and just one day to destroy it, zoo director Vitaly Ilchenko said after it was hit by Russian missiles.

Home to around 2,000 animals, the zoo is located just outside the city, covering more than 354 acres.

A day before the war began, its Facebook page showed a video of a monkey enjoying fruit snacks.

The very next day, the zoo said it had been hit by five Russian missiles, killing and injuring some of the animals, prompting calls for volunteers to help rebuild.

Kharkiv is a Ukrainian city like no other. Everything about it is special.

When it comes to its zoo, it stands out, big time. It’s three-and-half times the size of Kyiv's and home to half as many animals.

The Feldman EcoparkCopyright: The Feldman Ecopark
The zoo's pair of kiangs offered a glimmer of hopeImage caption: The zoo's pair of kiangs offered a glimmer of hope

When the rockets began falling, zookeepers let some of the animals - like deer and moose - free from their enclosures and into the park’s forest so they wouldn’t get scared or injured.

On the first morning of the invasion, Russian shelling broke the glass aviaries of housing monkeys, porcupines and raccoons and the distressed animals fled.

While zookeepers managed to find them, they cannot locate a pair of dholes and asked locals to help.

But even a war can’t stop life. On the last day of winter, following Russian grad rocket attacks, the zoo's pair of kiangs welcomed a baby colt.

Announcing the new arrival, it declared: "We can’t be defeated."

Article share tools

Time to level the Kremlin.

4 hours ago, Adman said:

As a reasonable man, I just think it's time to let women rule the world.  We have had a good go, and we're just screwing it up over and over again.  Our fragile egos aren't cut out for positions of power

It was my thought to post this the other day.

Blokes have had 100's of years. I would at best give us a D-. Some cool technological innovations maybe but at what cost?

There's no spiritual or cultural balance across continents let alone the world. No common sense of right and wrong. War seems to be a constant.

Give the ladies a go for say, 100 years.

It easily would be better.

#womenincharge

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â