Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Apparently it was shut down yesterday. I am no expert but maybe it wont be so damaging from the plant 

There are 6 reactors, the fire is close to one that has been "shut down" but still contains nuclear fuel.  I doubt these bastards knew that they were firing on one was less likely to explode than the others.  

We are in real danger of a nuclear disaster followed by a direct confrontation with the words removed of russia

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Nothing says “we’re liberating you from Nazis” like storming into a town and setting the nuclear facilities on fire.

These Russians are deeply smart people.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Sometimes it's hard to accept that the "intelligent critical thinker" position is that a person is a deeply evil piece of shit

A lot of this thread is a big reach quite honestly.

I understand that Putin is the bad guy right now but some of the things this guy says just glosses over dilutes his arguments. e.g. it has never been proven that Putin was behind the apartment bombings in '99. But Greg just equates that the night to the Reichstag fire. Thats a very big leap. There are similar leaps in the thread. So his ultimate premise/goal of equating Putin to Hitler is weakened by his poor observation of known fact.

Just to add, I think Hitler and Putin are both cnuts and @KentVillan is a great and interesting poster.

My point is that this Greg guy has posted a weak twitter thread though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Read what Zakensky has said.

Starting to think Putin has it in him to nuke us all.

Or Zelensky is desperate and is trying to appeal to everyone in an emotional way (which is smart of him, but not necessarily the truth.)

NATO should not get involved in this directly. Period. And thankfully cooler heads are prevailing.

It's awful, yes, and emotional. The Ukrainians did not invite this upon themselves. But they are quite literally the bleed valve right not and the play is that Putin takes Russia so far into the depths of economic despair that his own turn on him. Any other play is reckless.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Or Zelensky is desperate and is trying to appeal to everyone in an emotional way (which is smart of him, but not necessarily the truth.)

NATO should not get involved in this directly. Period. And thankfully cooler heads are prevailing.

It's awful, yes, and emotional. The Ukrainians did not invite this upon themselves. But they are quite literally the bleed valve right not and the play is that Putin takes Russia so far into the depths of economic despair that his own turn on him. Any other play is reckless.

Shelling a nuclear reactor is reckless.

But you're right, we need to be very delicate. 

And of course Z is gonna play it up. 

Pretty shocking to read, nonetheless. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate, as I've said, I'm catching up on here, so don't want to regurgitate things or rub anyone the wrong way.

But a Neo Nazi problem/faction in Ukraine's military and some leadership is factual, not rumour.

Now as you say, whether Putin really believes thatnis one of the reasons he is doing this, is another thing altogether 

There is definitely a Nazi problem there though, and Pete from the Holy Trinity isn't involved. Lol

If Putin was so concerned about neo-Nazis, maybe he should first focus on the "Russian National Unity" unit he's got on his side in Eastern Ukraine

• Like 1

I found this interesting…

I’ve mentioned it before, but take away the fact they have nuclear weapons and Russia as a military threat look to be, dare I say it, pretty weak? 

There are so many stories and videos now, varying from their soldiers not even realising their in a war, to their tanks being towed away with tractors, to their soldiers starving to suggest they’re a complete mess both operationally and tactically. 

They have a massive advantage in the skies (which is plainly obvious by the amount of bombs they’re dropping on civilians), but they can’t win this war and occupy a hostile country by flying over and dropping bombs on buildings. 

This could very well turn into Putin’s Vietnam, only, his economy is going to crumble at the same time. 

I think their is a general consensus that Putin, along with being pure evil, is very intelligent but he looks to be a complete moron to me. 

47 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I found this interesting…

I’ve mentioned it before, but take away the fact they have nuclear weapons and Russia as a military threat look to be, dare I say it, pretty weak? 

There are so many stories and videos now, varying from their soldiers not even realising their in a war, to their tanks being towed away with tractors, to their soldiers starving to suggest they’re a complete mess both operationally and tactically. 

They have a massive advantage in the skies (which is plainly obvious by the amount of bombs they’re dropping on civilians), but they can’t win this war and occupy a hostile country by flying over and dropping bombs on buildings. 

This could very well turn into Putin’s Vietnam, only, his economy is going to crumble at the same time. 

I think their is a general consensus that Putin, along with being pure evil, is very intelligent but he looks to be a complete moron to me. 

I think most of their bombing comes from land based artillery, I don’t think their airforce is all that crash hot either.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I think most of their bombing comes from land based artillery, I don’t think their airforce is all that crash hot either.  

Well there we go. Either way, they’ll win the battle but they’ll lose the war. 

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Though the term has been degraded a lot in recent years, what distinguishes a 'ceasefire' from an 'armistice' or a 'peace treaty' is that it does not necessarily have to involve permanent conditions like recognising new borders or states. It is a temporary cessation of hostilities, which does not need any sort of formal agreement (though sometimes they do come with formal agreements).

A ceasefire is unlikely in this case IMO, just simply because of the sheer volume of Russian troops inside Ukraine at this point. Nevertheless, however remote the possibility, we need to do all we can to encourage the two sides to agree to a temporary cessation so that a] city stores can be resupplied with food and medicine, b] humanitarian corridors can allow the vulnerable to escape to safety, and c] space is opened for diplomacy.

A ceasefire stops hostilities. A treaty ends the dispute. So if a treaty was agreed then Ukraine would be legally ceding say Crimea and Donbas. In a ceasefire where no treaty is agreed then claims of occupied land are still there. Then hostilities just don't return. You then have occupied disputed regions of Crimea and Donbas.

The Korean war ended in a ceasefire and there has never been a peace treaty both are technically still at war. So a ceasefire agreement is most likely not a peace treaty. 

In 2014 Russia already violated the treaty with Ukraine which respected its borders as a self governing country in exchange for its Nukes back in the 90s. So a Treaty isn't worth much with Putin anyway

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

A ceasefire stops hostilities. A treaty ends the dispute. So if a treaty was agreed then Ukraine would be legally ceding say Crimea and Donbas. In a ceasefire where no treaty is agreed then claims of occupied land are still there. Then hostilities just don't return. You then have occupied disputed regions of Crimea and Donbas.

The Korean war ended in a ceasefire and there has never been a peace treaty both are technically still at war. So a ceasefire agreement is most likely not a peace treaty. 

In 2014 Russia already violated the treaty with Ukraine which respected its borders as a self governing country in exchange for its Nukes back in the 90s. So a Treaty isn't worth much with Putin anyway

Isn't Berwick-upon-Tweed technically still at war with Russia? 

• Haha 1

I expect Putn to take Odessa before agreeing to anything, by then he may be able to take the whole country anyway.

I cant see him letting go of the land he has now gained. Not just Donbass. 

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This could have been negotiated in a respectful manner between all parties, and a mutually beneficial agreement reached.

There was no 'peaceful' and 'mutually beneficial' agreement to be reached. What Ukraine want as a sovereign nation and what Russia want are completely incompatible. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â