Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

I was just wondering if Putin also thought Ukraine had a weak leader with ex comedian  Volodymyr Zelensky in charge. 

May have thought the joker would have rolled over.  I expect no one in Russia forsaw this playing out with Zelenskyy being seen as the world's strongest leader and a hero. He's on the path to being a global Icon right now. No way was that in their thinking. 

Edited by sidcow

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'll tell you what, the real " Villains " and masterminds of this whole thing, aren't in the battlefield, I'd suggest they aren't Russian or Ukrainian either.

Come on! You can’t leave us in limbo like that. Tell us the who the real villains are then!

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

There is a Nazi problem there yes, but I doubt it's worth close to leveling the country and killing innocent civilians to drown them out. As for people saying "nuke Russia", I actually don't know of anyone saying that, as they know what the repercussions would be, an we all know it wouldn't be pretty.

Re: Nuking Russia, bare inind, I've come from social media, and these are the types of emotional and illogical types of comments I've been seeing. Alot of it from the British contingent.

So I searched for the thread on here to see if there were any other perspectives, as I feel a bit " safer " having a discussion and voicing opinion on the relatively " closed doors " of Villa talk.

I've been doing a shed load of " research " and try to make sure things are verified before I say anything, especially with subjects like this.

Another thing is, I've got BOTH Russian and Ukrainian friends affected by this, so it's a bit of a sh*t show.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Just now, sidcow said:

I was just wondering if Putin also thought Ukraine had a weak leader with ex comedian  Volodymyr Zelensky in charge. 

May have thought the joker would have rolled over.  I expect no one in Russia forsaw this playing out with Zelenskyy being seen as the world's strongest leader and a hero. He's on the path to being a globa Icon right now. No way was that in their thinking. 

Which is why he needs to remain alive at all costs. His death will be the torch that starts WW3 proper imo. The world has a more intimate relationship with a leader thousands of miles away than they've had with most of their own politicians, past or present. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If it were up to most peoples logic I've seen, we'd ACTUALLY already have " World War 3 ". The way I see people talk about this, is as if it's a **** videogame.

" jUsT gO iN aNd nUKe rUsSiA " 🤦🏿

I also think people are greatly mislead, if they genuinely don't think, Russia could have already flattened Ukraine if they really wanted to, and were just as reckless as depicted.

This could have all been prevented from happening in the first place. Garbage Leadership, bluff calling, disrrspect and disregard for another " Powers " views and concerns aren't the way to go, whether you like)agree with the Leadership or not.

Well no one in this thread is calling for nuclear strikes on Russia, not even @tonyh29

You may be misinformed if you don’t think Russia is flattening Ukrainian cities because it is, on an utterly horrific scale. War crimes in fact.

As for disregarding another Power’s views, let’s call that what it is: spheres of influence. The belief that Russia has a right to dictate the choices and associations of neighboring states, that those choices cannot be freely and democratically made by sovereign governments, elected by free peoples. In other words, ‘democracy for me but not for thee’. 

Those two different views of how the world is to be ordered are what is at issue here now, and there is no intellectually honest middle ground. You stand with Putin’s view of the world or you don’t. There’s no ‘kinda pregnant’ option here. 

Despite their litany of moral failings and ethical incontinence, the UK government has made the right call on this from the beginning - Putin is unambiguously wrong.   

Edited by Awol
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Come on! You can’t leave us in limbo like that. Tell us the who the real villains are then!

" Carol **** Baskins " ( It's a Tiger King reference )

On a serious note though, just my thoughts based on my reading up of the history and geopolitics, as well as seeing alot of shady and brazen shite in relation.

I feel it could have been totally avoided.

Nothing generates money like a good war and the " Nation Building " which will follow. 🙃

The civilians on both sides suffer, and the " powers that be " drink wine and eat cheese on a yacht somewhere, whilst rolling in new.projects and profit 

I'm no full on conspiracy theorist either, if that's what you're sarcastically intimating. 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Carol **** Baskins...

On a serious note though, just my thoughts based on my reading up of the history and geopolitics, as well as seeing alot of shady and brazen shite in relation.

Nothing generates money like a good war and the " Nation Building " which will follow. 🙃

I'm no full on conspiracy theorist either, if that's what you're sarcastically intimating. 

It's not going to generate much for Putin, an the aid, as in rebuilding is gonna cost billions.

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Carol **** Baskins...

What?   Not sarcastic at all…. You wrote a long post, alluded to someone mysteriously being a villain… but literally gave us no clue as to who this villain is!!!!!!

At a guess do you mean Trump? Or maybe Biden? 🤷‍♂️

or are you just trolling the thread seeing you say you haven’t read any of it?

Edited by ender4

17 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I am 100% certain that Elon Musk is sitting in a bunker beneath a pretend lake right now, henchmen whizzing around on a monorail whilst he strokes a white pussy, sitting in an egg chair. 

You mark my words. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Also saw a Russian ilyushin fly from Czechia through Poland back to Moscow. I thought no Russian jets over Poland??

I’d imagine that even though there is a ban there has to be a number of exceptions. Quite what the criteria is to meet that, I don’t know… unless it’s all just illegal, of course. 

Edited by Tayls

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

The belief that Russia has a right to dictate the choices and associations of neighboring states, that those choices cannot be freely and democratically made by sovereign governments, elected by free peoples. In other words, ‘democracy for me but not for thee’. 

Those two different views of how the world is to be ordered are what is at issue you now, and there is no intellectually honest middle ground. You stand with Putin’s view of the world or you don’t. There’s no ‘kinda pregnant’ option here. 

Despite their litany of moral failings and ethical incontinence, the UK government has made the right call on this from the beginning - Putin is unambiguously wrong.   

On the first bold bit, do you think the USA/NATO/UK etc don't do and haven't done this throughout the course of history?

The only difference is that they are more sophisticated and strategic about it. Hell, you could argue that this is exactly what they are doing right now.

On the second bolded bit, I can't agree, you don't have to " Agree with Putin's view of the world or don't " to add nuance here. No excuse for what is happening, but it's the old saying, you can't slap someone in the face, and then tell them how to react, you're better off just not slapping them in the first place.

There are sensitivities and deep rooted history with geopolitics all over the world among different nations.

If the argument is that Putin was hell bent on invading Ukraine no matterer what, let's just say, USA/NATO gave him the " excuses " to do so ( In his mind at least ).

Of course we don't agree with how MANY leaders around the world operate or their " view of the world ", but there are better ways to deal with them - which could avoid war.

Let's not pretend as if the USA/NATO have nothing to gain from Ukraine here.

Again, one of the easiest examples is the Cuban missile, did the Cubans deserve a war? 🤔

Wasn't the notion that they " Had to do this for their own security "?

I'm pretty dissillusioned with all of it, there are no " good guys " in my view, in the end of this.

This is an obvious proxy war. IMO

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I am 100% certain that Elon Musk is sitting in a bunker beneath a pretend lake right now, henchmen whizzing around on a monorail whilst he strokes a white pussy, sitting in an egg chair. 

You mark my words. 

nah Grimes left him

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm pretty dissillusioned with all of it, there are no " good guys " in my view, in the end of this.

Maybe, maybe not but by God there is 100%, without any question some bad guys here committing completely unnecessarily hundreds of thousands of deaths. You can play the blame game and argue the politics as much as you like but Putin is a warmongering butcher and there can be absolutely zero doubt about that. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You mark my words. 

You think?

267923374_7242384672453827_5596959463891061694_n.jpg.3c434e2b85d41618d7bc9d6efac03c2b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Again, one of the easiest examples is the Cuban missile, did the Cubans deserve a war?

They didn't get one please do some more "research"

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â