Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Is a good but tense movie with Alan Rickman, Helen Mirren and Aaron Paul regarding drones. I forget the name of it but I think was Rickman last movie

It’s Eye In The Sky. 

Good Kill is another decent film about military drone operators and the psychological effect it has on them. 

• Like 2

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

37 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There's also the blurred line of what is a civilian, when the government are handing out rifles and conscripting all men to fight

well, there is and there isn't. I mean if we're talking about a situation where you come up on a guy and he's acting suspicious, and he might be armed, and you decide to shoot him as a combatant, well I guess there's a debate.

This ain't that:

Shelling residential areas is just a war crime, it's not anywhere near a blurry line. 

Those are cluster munitions as well. 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

well, there is and there isn't. I mean if we're talking about a situation where you come up on a guy and he's acting suspicious, and he might be armed, and you decide to shoot him as a combatant, well I guess there's a debate.

This ain't that:

Shelling residential areas is just a war crime, it's not anywhere near a blurry line. 

Those are cluster munitions as well. 

Its about as blurred lines as Robin Thicke

3 minutes ago, sne said:

US closing their embassy in Belarus.

Just in time for Belarus to join the war it seems:

I mean obviously they were already to some extent party to the war, but that's an incoming invasion, not just letting Russia use their roads and airspace. 

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

If you were ever curious about how close Putin and Abramovich are, he’s at the negotiations on the Ukraine-Belarus border.

From the ‘inaccuracy’ of these missile strikes, it appears he’s brought Kepa along with him to help with the ballistics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Awol said:

Yes, this was worst case scenario as his reasoning for the nuclear signaling yesterday. If he starts plastering cities with rocket artillery western public opinion will get fired up very fast. 

It looks likely that Belarusian forces are going to be introduced and I’d guess they’ll be in the west of Ukraine to try and cut the supply lines bringing munitions etc from Europe.

If they do there’s going to be some interesting chats in NATO about destroying those formations and pretending it was the Ukrainians.

If Russia's "power" is anything to go by, the Ukranians will likely a) convert the Belarussians to their side or b) cling film them to all the lamp posts from Lviv to Minsk.

If Belarus step in this is going to escalate very quickly. Ex UK and US SF are volunteering in numbers apparently. If this is really what's happening then things this will be the start of international military action. Governments always dress up ex military going into an operational theatre as just civvies when in fact they become the first visible foreign military boots on the ground.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

If Belarus step in this is going to escalate very quickly. Ex UK and US SF are volunteering in numbers apparently. If this is really what's happening then things this will be the start of international military action. Governments always dress up ex military going into an operational theatre as just civvies when in fact they become the first visible foreign military boots on the ground.

Every word of this ^^

Russian politician on R4 this morning straight out accused UK and US of having regular SF on the ground. Their Defence Minister asked Ben Wallace what they were doing in Ukraine during the face to face in Moscow - Wallace swerved it.

If the UK had theoretically decided this was the right thing to do then it can cite the legal obligation undertaken in 1994 to guarantee Ukraine’s territorial integrity - even if the US declined to do so. 

4 minutes ago, choffer said:

Belarus must be crackers. Surely they can see what’s already happening to the Russians? You’d have thought they’d have seen the direction this is going in and had second thoughts. 

It appears that Ukraine are doing very well but you always have to remember we’re only seeing 1 side. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â