• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Just now, villa4europe said:

Don't think so, Germany was under the 2% that Nato request, this move catches up with everyone else 

They've also fast tracked 2 huge LNG projects in the north, my company was looking at one of them and was expecting up to 5 years of red tape, olaf cut through all of it yesterday and just said get it built

Agreed, it does, but when this is all said and done, I wonder if that request/requirement will increase to 3% or even more. What Russia have done has put everything into perspective for me, and probably a lot of other people. National and Global security should be the top of every major governments list (if it isn't already) because it only takes one mad man to kill millions of people. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Sweden sells weapons to both Saudi Arabia and the UAE to use in their on going war in Yemen don't they?

USA too but I guess there is a distinction between those countries and Ukraine. 

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Apparently a lot of gruesome images/videos doing the rounds of a rocket strike in Kharkiv with a high civilian casualty rate. **** Putin. 

They’re never going to win unless they stop trying to minimise civilian casualties, so unfortunately I think we can expect a lot more of this. Honestly the real shock is that it took so long for them to revert to their normal tactics.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

They’re never going to win unless they stop trying to minimise civilian casualties, so unfortunately I think we can expect a lot more of this. Honestly the real shock is that it took so long for them to revert to their normal tactics.

There's also the blurred line of what is a civilian, when the government are handing out rifles and conscripting all men to fight

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It's psychologically hell for the people operating the drones too.

My mate is in the RAF and when I was at his wedding I got chatting to one of his colleagues. He was about to start operating drones to hit targets in Afghanistan. He said it was literally done from a room with an XBox controller. An actual XBox controller.

He said he was really struggling with the concept of operating in that way and killing people. 
At least when you're in the field it's a case of them or us. Even if you're flying jets.

But effectively playing a video game that kills people just made it feel horrible

Is a good but tense movie with Alan Rickman, Helen Mirren and Aaron Paul regarding drones. I forget the name of it but I think was Rickman last movie

2 hours ago, magnkarl said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, here are the reasons why Russia's army isn't as strong as people suggest:

a) Ukranians have found no GPS in any vehicle they've captured, they've found maps and information on paper on Russian soldiers. The Russians seem underfunded and undersupplied. Almost all vehicles nowadays have gps systems, but it appears Russia haven't got this.

Which would tally up with this absolute madness too - 

27 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

China is probably learning an awful lot by watching this.

They're learning how flaky their new partner is. Putin's really fluffing his lines, so far.

Xi is unlikely to be happy. Continue to play his cards right and China's on course to become the dominant World power without firing many, if any, shots?

Xi made a deal with Putin's Russia to bolster China's ascension, but it's starting to look like quite the opposite.

Threatening to utilise atomic munitions because of the bungled blitzkrieg will have likely caused even more tension between the two new allies.

Escalation isn't where China is at.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Apparently a lot of gruesome images/videos doing the rounds of a rocket strike in Kharkiv with a high civilian casualty rate. **** Putin. 

Yes, this was worst case scenario as his reasoning for the nuclear signaling yesterday. If he starts plastering cities with rocket artillery western public opinion will get fired up very fast. 

It looks likely that Belarusian forces are going to be introduced and I’d guess they’ll be in the west of Ukraine to try and cut the supply lines bringing munitions etc from Europe.

If they do there’s going to be some interesting chats in NATO about destroying those formations and pretending it was the Ukrainians.

3 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Lizz Truss now being blamed for Putin going nuclear. 

I bet she's cacked herself.

Seems a bit OTT launching all out nuclear war because of some cacky knickers. 

Edited by sidcow

Ukrainian admits trying to sink his Russian boss's £5m yacht - reports

A Ukrainian man who allegedly tried to sink his Russian boss's multimillion pound yacht has said he has no regrets and would do it again.

The 55-year-old was reportedly arrested in Majorca after trying to partially submerge the £5m Lady Anastasia at Pord Adriano on the island.

Local media said the yacht belongs to Alexander Mijeev who is the chief executive of a military weapons company.

Majorca Daily Bulletin said the man turned himself in and told Civil Guard officers: "My boss is a criminal who sells weapons that kill the Ukrainian people."

The Ukrainian is reported to have opened a large valve in the engine room and a second in a compartment where the crew live.

He said he told his Ukrainian colleagues to abandon ship and that he would take the blame.

The man was released and has not been charged.

Sky News

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â