Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

isnt there an election this year? the russians are never voting him in for a 5th time

They didn’t really vote for him the last 3 times!   Last election he got 108% of the total possible vote! 😂

• Haha 1

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It does make you wonder why its taken so long to make ukraine part of the EU 

It hasn't taken a long time. The uprising was in 2014. Until that point, Ukraine was in thrall to Russia and there had been years of political instability. Since that point, they have had to work towards meeting the criteria of joining the EU. This isn't something the can just wave a magic wand and make happen, it's a lengthy process. In Mаrch 2016, Jeаn-Clаude Juncker, the then-President of the Europeаn Commission, stаted thаt Ukrаine would not be ready to join the Europeаn Union for аnother 20 to 25 yeаrs.

Edited by choffer
tidy ups
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Remember when I was young-ish and the first Gulf war was happening and CNN was broadcasting everything live. Remember thinking it was all very exciting.

Now I just look at it and see people dying and people having their lives destroyed. Every one of those explosions it's people dying.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Turkish made drones destroying Russian columns.

physiologically that must be hell for the ground troops , knowing that you can essentially be picked off any time , any place without any real warning by someone with a laptop miles away 

• Like 1

Just now, tonyh29 said:

physiologically that must be hell for the ground troops , knowing that you can essentially be picked off any time , any place without any real warning by someone with a laptop miles away 

Serves you right when you invade someone's coutry on the word of a madman, it's weird why not more of these Russian soldiers actually surrender to get out of that shithole.

I think a lot of them are thinking wtf are we doing here.  

A good stat I found on the weekend is that russia's population today is about half of what the ussr was in 1990 before it collapsed. Which shows the decline of Russia, no matter what Putin thinks.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Just now, magnkarl said:

Serves you right when you invade someone's coutry on the word of a madman, it's weird why not more of these Russian soldiers actually surrender to get out of that shithole.

Is it really that weird? They'd have all their loved ones and families sent to work camps or worse if they do. They'd likely get shot themselves and no doubt they are spoon fed Russian propaganda thinking they are actually the good guys.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think a lot of them are thinking wft are we doing here.  

A good stat I found on the weekend is that russia's population today is about half of what the ussr was in 1990 before it collapsed. Which shows the decline of Russia, no matter what Putin thinks.

Keep in mind that former USSR countries will not be counted in Russia's population numbers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well yeah that was the point I was trying to make. And it is having a negative population growth rate, along with most of eastern europe. Poland might go up quite a lot now.

I missed that. Apologies. I am doing a lot of shooting myself in the foot at the moment. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

The Ukrainian soldiers are taking the piss out the Russians. I've seen a photo this morning of a Russian wrapped in clingfilm to a streetlighting column. Psychological warfare next level.

Saw it too. What a rude awakening this must be for so many brain washed young men from Russia. You go in wanting to fight neo-nazi drug users but end up being verbally abused by a 90 year old, and then get cling filmed to a lamp post..

Edited by magnkarl

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Is it really that weird? They'd have all their loved ones and families sent to work camps or worse if they do. They'd likely get shot themselves and no doubt they are spoon fed Russian propaganda thinking they are actually the good guys.

Their family is likely already in prison for protesting against the war.

I'm not sure Russians soldiers or citizens are ready to follow Putin into WW3. Most Russians will know by now what is really going on. Interesting though how Putin has closed off Red Square and any access to Government buildings. He is obviously concerned about his own people. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â