Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

49 minutes ago, Tayls said:

It’s a shame really. Football is football. It should be uniting people. 

No way. Russia should be exiled in every way possible. I'm surprised Spartak Moscow are still in the Europa League - they should have been kicked out and UEFA need to ban Russian teams from European competition next season as soon as possible. 

Its stuff like this which will turn public opinion in Russia against Putin. 

• Like 1

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

I’ll caveat the following by saying that I didn’t actually think he was going to invade Ukraine, so I could well be wrong again but I do not see this going nuclear.

Sure, he/they could wreak some serious damage to the Earth and could kill millions of people with just a push of a button but, the moment he launches a nuke is the moment Russia gets obliterated. Moscow would be levelled within minutes/hours, as would all other major cities and every known Russian military installation.

He must know that.

• Like 1

No point in worrying about Putin and nukes. His word is worthless. he will or he wont, nothing NATO or the USA does will change that. But yeah would be giving a death sentence to millions of Russians. The USA's missile defense agency and other USA anti nuke gear does have a strong European presence for this purpose. Hopefully we will never find out how good it is, but I would bet on the USA's military over Russia's any day if the week.

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

No point in worrying about Putin and nukes. His word is worthless. he will or he wont, nothing NATO or the USA does will change that. But yeah would be giving a death sentence to millions of Russians. The USA's missile defense agency and other USA anti nuke gear does have a strong European presence for this purpose. Hopefully we will never find out how good it is, but I would bet on the USA's military over Russia's any day if the week.

Not just the USA’s nuclear arsenal, it would pretty much be the combined nuclear arsenal for most of the rest of the world, that’s an awful lot of ordinance coming from an awful lot of directions to have to deal with.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

No way. Russia should be exiled in every way possible. I'm surprised Spartak Moscow are still in the Europa League - they should have been kicked out and UEFA need to ban Russian teams from European competition next season as soon as possible. 

Its stuff like this which will turn public opinion in Russia against Putin. 

Whilst this sounds simplistic its absolutely the way to go. It's just another sanction.

Why has Roman passed on his ownership of Chelsea, he is obviously expecting something

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Whilst this sounds simplistic its absolutely the way to go. It's just another sanction.

Why has Roman passed on his ownership of Chelsea, he is obviously expecting something

He hasn’t passed on his ownership, it’s been covered in detail already.

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’ll caveat the following by saying that I didn’t actually think he was going to invade Ukraine, so I could well be wrong again but I do not see this going nuclear.

Sure, he/they could wreak some serious damage to the Earth and could kill millions of people with just a push of a button but, the moment he launches a nuke is the moment Russia gets obliterated. Moscow would be levelled within minutes/hours, as would all other major cities and every known Russian military installation.

He must know that.

That would only be if he nuked a NATO country. He could probably get away with using them on Ukraine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He hasn’t passed on his ownership, it’s been covered in detail already.

Apologies, I've only read a small article on this so I don't know the legal ins and outs. 

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m sure there will be many that do, there must be many that don’t. 

Of his inner circle I bet there aren’t any that don’t agree with him.  At best they are likely to be on the fence.  

The wider circle there is likely to be many on both sides but how close do they ever get to Putin and do they have the balls to do anything about it or even the capability especially given the likely repercussions to them and their families if even suspected.  

Also given his KGB background I’m guessing anybody that he even remotely suspects he has on watch, he’s probably got everybody around him on watch anyway.

I really think it's time for China to start exerting some pressure here.  Once he starts talking about Nuclear Armageddon they have to realise its a total lose lose situation. 

Hopefully it will also make them think a bit deeper about the danger North Korea could pose to the world in future. 

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

That would only be if he nuked a NATO country. He could probably get away with using them on Ukraine. 

Not a chance. If he pressed the button Russia would be flattened within hours. 

13 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I'm certainly not one to throw around accusations of facism lightly, but it says they are fighters of the Azov battalion who are well-known far right nationalists and neo-Nazis. Just google them.

Thank you, seen - now. Azov are scumbags as you say I’m just surprised they’re in the vid because they were supposed to be over in Donbas region, not in Kyiv where Putin’s ISIS are attacking. 

In all seriousness you could probably raise a battalion of similar men from the US armed forces and you certainly could from the German - a load of their special forces got sacked recently for extreme far right sympathies.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Of his inner circle I bet there aren’t any that don’t agree with him.  At best they are likely to be on the fence.  

The wider circle there is likely to be many on both sides but how close do they ever get to Putin and do they have the balls to do anything about it or even the capability especially given the likely repercussions to them and their families if even suspected.  

Also given his KGB background I’m guessing anybody that he even remotely suspects he has on watch, he’s probably got everybody around him on watch anyway.

It's one thing having partisan support for your leader and your country but when you realise his actions could lead to your death, your families death and the death of everyone you know, for no real reason, at some point your support has to waiver. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Not a chance. If he pressed the button Russia would be flattened within hours. 

Only if he used them on a NATO country. He probably thinks he could get away with it on Ukraine. The fact NATO has let him get this far would suggest to him its ok. 

Ukraine are not protected by NATO, he knows this

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's one thing having partisan support for your leader and your country but when you realise his actions could lead to your death, your families death and the death of everyone you know, for no real reason, at some point your support has to waiver. 

Says a Villa fan of 300 years 

• Haha 1

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Only if he used them on a NATO country. He probably thinks he could get away with it on Ukraine. The fact NATO has let him get this far would suggest to him its ok. 

Ukraine are not protected by NATO, he knows this

Still disagree. There is war, and there is nuclear war. NATO country or not, if he used a nuke the rest of world would respond 

I was just wondering where our Nuclear subs are.

Nornally there is only one at sea at a time. At least one is always undergoing maintenance or refit. 

I wonder if whichever are seaworthy have quietly slid into the ocean in the last few hours. 

Does America have to publicly state what state of readiness they are? Is it still called Defcon? 

Someone needs to get Joshua onto this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Thank you, seen - now. Azov are scumbags as you say I’m just surprised they’re in the vid because they were supposed to be over in Donbas region, not in Kyiv where Putin’s ISIS are attacking. 

In all seriousness you could probably raise a battalion of similar men from the US armed forces and you certainly could from the German - a load of their special forces got sacked recently for extreme far right sympathies.

Yeah, I'm not trying to smear the Ukrainians as a whole here. But as @Davkaus points out, it's a bit concerning that the official Twitter account of the Ukrainian national guard (of which the Azov batallion is part) thinks its a good idea to tweet that stuff.

You're right that it seems odd given the geographic spread between Mauripol (which is where the Azov guys are meant to be stationed I believe) and where the Chechens are near Kiev. Not quite sure what that's about.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â