• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

42 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I posted this without comment on a couple of popular news sections on Reddit, and got banned for "distributing Russian propaganda". By posting content from the Ukranian national guard. No wonder social media always seems like an echo chamber.

Viva la VillaTalk.

Some of the first victims of war are nuance and critical thinking.

(and of course I should say I'm not immune to this either).

34 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They are. I don't think anyone is surprised that nazis gonna nazi, it's a bit more problematic that the mainstream Ukranian armed forced are promoting and celebrating their actions.

It does highlight that if you try and discuss the conflict in any way other than an absolutionist "Russia is evil, and Ukraine are fighting for all of our freedom", some people are too stupid to accept it. I mean, obviously Russia are in the wrong in this conflict, but on major platforms you seem to need to pretend that Ukraine is whiter than white. Which has nothing to do with their nazi problem ;) 

First there’s no evidence the bloke in that video is a ‘Nazi’. Second, those Chechens fought for Russia in Syria and made a name for themselves beheading people - they’re very bad guys. Third, why make that video, what’s the purpose? Hoping it gets back to the Chechens and messes with them. Jihadists groups did it to each other all the time in Syria & no surprise to see Ukrainians trolling the animals invading their country - or people thousands of miles away trying to judge them and talking about how “problematic” it all is. I mean FFS 😂 

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Is he really mad enough to want to be the man that wiped out life on earth? I'm not sure. He lied about not planning to invade Ukraine. Suspect he's lying about wanting to use his nukes.

Hope he is.

He won't be using nukes, no chance. The worst news would be little ones on Ukraine, but never world ending ones, not a chance.

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Is he really mad enough to want to be the man that wiped out life on earth?

Would it matter if there was no life on the earth to remember it?  

Who knows what he’s thinking or plans to do. The big worry is he seems like a man that doesn’t like to back down from a fight or consider losing as an option.  They are the most dangerous people.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Someone in the Kremlin needs to take one for the team.

You’re assuming they don’t agree with him.  The likelihood is that the people around him have similar views because that’s who he’s surrounded himself with.  You can see in history of other leaders that’s the case, even to the point that some around the leader are even worse than the leader.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Is he really mad enough to want to be the man that wiped out life on earth? I'm not sure. He lied about not planning to invade Ukraine. Suspect he's lying about wanting to use his nukes.

Hope he is.

He wants (allegedly) to reinstate the USSR, so IMO yes he is mad enough. Unfortunately, with the current media and propaganda bullshit we won't know if this is happening until Washington is glowing and London is flat.

18 minutes ago, Awol said:

First there’s no evidence the bloke in that video is a ‘Nazi’. Second, those Chechens fought for Russia in Syria and made a name for themselves beheading people - they’re very bad guys. Third, why make that video, what’s the purpose? Hoping it gets back to the Chechens and messes with them. Jihadists groups did it to each other all the time in Syria & no surprise to see Ukrainians trolling the animals invading their country - or people thousands of miles away trying to judge them and talking about how “problematic” it all is. I mean FFS 😂 

I'm certainly not one to throw around accusations of facism lightly, but it says they are fighters of the Azov battalion who are well-known far right nationalists and neo-Nazis. Just google them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You’re assuming they don’t agree with him.  The likelihood is that the people around him have similar views because that’s who he’s surrounded himself with.  You can see in history of other leaders that’s the case, even to the point that some around the leader are even worse than the leader.

I’m sure there will be many that do, there must be many that don’t. 

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He won't be using nukes, no chance. The worst news would be little ones on Ukraine, but never world ending ones, not a chance.

Little nukes? 

I honestly believe he would use them on Ukraine, purely as two fingers to NATO.

If NATO did respond then its goodbye world but if they didn't then he would see that as a victory. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Panto_Villan said:

Oh, and on top of all the of the weapon systems being given Ukraine, apparently Bulgaria / Slovakia / Poland are going to be providing them combat aircraft.

I sorta feel like we're getting into full-blown proxy war status here though.

It’s been full blown proxy war since Russia invaded Ukraine.

And in fact, although it’s been quiet for a few decades, this was has been ongoing by proxy since 1945.

56 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I think I’m struggling with the comprehension of this war:

Is it just the first European war in my lifetime? (I’m 33 so don’t remember anything about Bosnia) 

Don't worry, most of Europe's leaders forgot/ignored the Yugoslavia war at the time. Crazy to think what was going on so close to home.

I was there less than a year before it started, on a family holiday! You couldn't imagine it, it was paradise at the time. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

If Putin fires of a nuke then we/NATO/the USA need to urgently kill him and hope that next in line is open to a new path.

I would hope a black bag covert op would get rid of him before that. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â