Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

10 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Geekery is good :) 

It was denying access rather than disabling anything ( disabling was I think someone’s else’s suggestion /post ) maybe if it’s real-time flight data then it means they are flying blind and thus grounded on safety issues ?  … when I see him on Monday I’ll try and get clarification just for geekery’s sake :) 

Targeted disabling would be interesting. You’ve got me curious now. I’m thinking of ATC post climb out instructions and routing, maybe, and the reverse on approach, but again surely it’s simpler just to ban flights in nation’s airspace. There’s nowt can be done in Russian airspace or airfields I can think of.

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

This kind of stuff. Avionics.

Yeah I guessed as much from what bickster said and the post about not knowing about civilian planes. Because I'm a big nerd I was curious (got talking to a guy who made satellites the other day which I also found really interesting). Can you be more specific or is it classified in some way?

36 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

If you’ve studied new Russian campaigns you would have realised that Russia has never faced an army like Ukraine’s since Germany in ww2. Ukraine has been hardened by 8 years of war in which they’ve fought Russians and Russian equipment. Russia has never fought the kind of equipment and spirit they are now facing.

Add US and NATO intelligence to the mix and Ukraine can strike where they want when Russia is busy trying to steamroll past them in slightly upgraded soviet tanks.

Russia has always struggled with supply lines, Ukraine is Europe’s second largest country.

Russia have also said when they were USSR, the Ukrainians were by far the best soldiers to have on your side.

I’ll never mess with a Ukrainian for as long as I live. If a Ukrainian granny has the stones to tell a Russian soldier to put sunflower seeds in his pocket so when he is killed, at least a flower will grow, these are not people I’d mess with (full translation of the purported conversation is third tweet in the thread). 

Edited by choffer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Genuinely now, whenever anything happens I come on here to get my information, whilst this may have originated as a football forum it’s grown to be so much more.

Sure, there are differences of opinion and I’ve been involved at the sharp end of that sometimes but I value this forum immensely and the opinions of the majority of the posters.

It also helps that there are a number of folks who are far better educated and informed on such a wide range of subjects than I.

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He's an absolute **** hero, and the epitome of a leader. Can you picture a Western leader doing anything but hunkering down or fleeing in his position? He could be out of there, yesterday, and instead he's leading by example and doing all he can to push on and motivate the country to keep going.

I'm amazed the Russians haven't got him yet, his massive balls must show up on the satellite imaging.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

If you’ve studied new Russian campaigns you would have realised that Russia has never faced an army like Ukraine’s since Germany in ww2. Ukraine has been hardened by 8 years of war in which they’ve fought Russians and Russian equipment. Russia has never fought the kind of equipment and spirit they are now facing.

Add US and NATO intelligence to the mix and Ukraine can strike where they want when Russia is busy trying to steamroll past them in slightly upgraded soviet tanks.

Russia has always struggled with supply lines, Ukraine is Europe’s second largest country.

Pretty much everything in that post appears to be incorrect, a non-sequitur, or irrelevent.

Ultimately although you may be proved correct that the Russian military is much weaker than anyone (except apparently you) anticipated, from what I can see you seem to have come to that conclusion through a lot of faulty logic and dubious assumptions.

I'm aware I'm the one that's been replying to your posts, though, so I'll leave you be now.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â