• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Russia will have to start defending itself over a much larger area with this move, maybe it will disrupt their supply lines into the battle area before they even get out of Russia. Be nice to see some Russian infrastructure hit as well, power generation etc.

• Like 1

And it seems with Biden's announcement yesterday that Ukraine has launched a counter offensive in the Kharkiv region and taken back a good chunk of the town of Vovchansk with Russians surrounded in a meat packing plant. They also seem to have restored some bridges to improve logistics

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Is this inside Russia?

Yes but I have a feeling they were Ukrainian made Neptune missiles on this occasion

In other news, Germany just followed Biden in declaring their weapons can be used on Russian soil. That one is a bit of a shocker!

4 hours ago, bickster said:

And it seems with Biden's announcement yesterday that Ukraine has launched a counter offensive in the Kharkiv region and taken back a good chunk of the town of Vovchansk with Russians surrounded in a meat packing plant. They also seem to have restored some bridges to improve logistics

Ironic fate, isn't it, you're in a meat assault squad caught in a meat packing plant with no way out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yes but I have a feeling they were Ukrainian made Neptune missiles on this occasion

In other news, Germany just followed Biden in declaring their weapons can be used on Russian soil. That one is a bit of a shocker!

Without the Taurus, that isn't really doing much though. What has Germany delivered which has that sort of range? Ukraine would need to drive their PzH2000 very close to the border for this to be a reality. Maybe German made smart excalibur 155 rounds can get to about 55kms, that isn't very far into Russia.

It's Scholz Scholzing around, as the Germans say.

Edited by magnkarl

5 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Without the Taurus, that isn't really doing much though. What has Germany delivered which has that sort of range? Ukraine would need to drive their PzH2000 very close to the border for this to be a reality. Maybe German made smart excalibur 155 rounds can get to about 55kms, that isn't very far into Russia.

It's Scholz Scholzing around, as the Germans say.

The German equivalent of the HIMARS (MARS-2) has a decent range, I believe.

13 hours ago, tinker said:

Russia will have to start defending itself over a much larger area with this move, maybe it will disrupt their supply lines into the battle area before they even get out of Russia. Be nice to see some Russian infrastructure hit as well, power generation etc.

Unfortunately at the moment the restrictions have only been lifted in a very specific area near Kharkiv, and it doesn’t even include say hitting the airbases from which the Russians are firing glide bombs at Ukraine from.

Hopefully it’s a precursor to a wider lifting of restrictions, but right now it’s very much a baby step.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Panto_Villan said:

Unfortunately at the moment the restrictions have only been lifted in a very specific area near Kharkiv, and it doesn’t even include say hitting the airbases from which the Russians are firing glide bombs at Ukraine from.

Hopefully it’s a precursor to a wider lifting of restrictions, but right now it’s very much a baby step.

Like I said above it's ridiculous. Either NATO countries have some bizarre, unfounded fear of Russia or, it suits them to prolong the war, leave Ukraine hanging out to dry and gain a lot of much needed workers in EU countries. 

Posted (edited)

Why are you bringing the EU into it? It's more likely NATO have calculated (and I obviously disagree with them if this is the case as I am ultra pro Ukraine) that it is better to bog  and grind Russia down in a war they cannot win/stalemate rather than swiftly drive them out where they may regroup and try elsewhere or try something differently.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, villa89 said:

Like I said above it's ridiculous. Either NATO countries have some bizarre, unfounded fear of Russia or, it suits them to prolong the war, leave Ukraine hanging out to dry and gain a lot of much needed workers in EU countries. 

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Why are you bringing the EU into it? It's more likely NATO have calculated (and I obviously disagree with them if this is the case as I am ultra pro Ukraine) that it is better to bog  and grind Russia down in a war they cannot win/stalemate rather than swiftly drive them out where they may regroup and try elsewhere or try something differently.

This is all coming from the US, not anyone else. They’re putting pressure on Ukraine not to use any foreign weapons against Russian territory, even if the donor country have said it’s fine.

That’s because the US fears escalation, not because they have a master plan where they want to grind Russia down; a short war where Russia had been swiftly defeated would have suited the West much better.

Ultimately it’s probably because the US will need to do most of the legwork if a full-blown war with Russia kicks off. That’ll cost lots of money and American lives even though they’d win - and it’ll give other opponents like China and Iran a chance to act in other regions while the US is busy fighting Russia. And that’s ignoring any chance of a nuclear exchange, which is small but will still factor into American thinking.

I think they’re being over cautious but, to be fair, history is littered with examples of powerful countries rushing into wars they think will be easy to win and then getting bogged down.

Edited by Panto_Villan

It's quite something to see how effective the Bradley is in Ukraine. It's finally been deployed to do what it was designed to do, fight Russian armored vehicles on the open terrain of Eastern Europe.

The US has many more where they came from.

• Like 1

So Russia is using Syria as a 'holiday' posting for Russian soldiers and officers who have 'done well' in Ukraine. The AFU figured this out and have sent several special ops teams to Syria to hunt down Russians, and the footage of their work is quite something. Nowhere to run, just like the nazis.

Posted (edited)

First combat mission that the f-16s arriving this month will likely do, anyone? I'd wager the Kerch bridge, by the end of June.

Edited by magnkarl

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Genie said:

Is been coming for a long time, do Russia have a plan for them? Time will tell.

Do Russia have anything they can use to stop them & shoot them down? 

Edited by villa89

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â