Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

Frustrating that Ukraine have managed the hard part in attacking these ships. Such a shame that the explosions weren't powerful enough/didn't penetrate enough to sink their targets. 

I'm not sure sinking the oil tanker would have got them much sympathy to be honest with the enormous environmental disaster it would have caused. 

Crippling the propulsion is the best outcome really. 

• Like 1

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I'm not sure sinking the oil tanker would have got them much sympathy to be honest with the enormous environmental disaster it would have caused. 

Crippling the propulsion is the best outcome really. 

The tanker was empty. They hit it on the way back after delivering its cargo. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The tanker was empty. They hit it on the way back after delivering its cargo. 

Might not be delivering anymore in which case it's a result for Ukraine. The more panic they cause Russian ships the better. 

16 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Might not be delivering anymore in which case it's a result for Ukraine. The more panic they cause Russian ships the better. 

It's more than that. Ukraine have decreed that any ships leaving these specific Russian ports are targets of war (which is completely legal and what Russian have done to the grain ships). Therefore now, Insurance companies won't touch any cargo or oil ships.

This will massively cripple Russian exports.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Russian TV acknowledged 284,000 Russian deaths.   

That's likely to be much lower than the actual figure. 

To put it into perspective- that's 3 British Armies. 

Second time in a week something like that happened. IIRC the senior officer of the VDV (paratroopers) gave out actual numbers of lost and injured VDV troops on Airforce Day last week. Speech mysteriously disappeared from media sites VERY quickly

I think the numbers equated to 1 British army 

2 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Russian TV acknowledged 284,000 Russian deaths.   

That's likely to be much lower than the actual figure. 

To put it into perspective- that's 3 British Armies. 

I believe the host is claiming 284,000 Ukrainian losses in that clip and tweeter has mixed up the context. 

It would be worth finding a longer clip to confirm. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

I believe the host is claiming 284,000 Ukrainian losses in that clip and tweeter has mixed up the context. 

That seems the common opinion.  

However, Wagner confirmed the deaths of 20,000 of their troops in Bakhmut alone.  

The loses of Wagner and the Russian Army/ Navy/ Airforce in the rest of Ukraine could easily amount to 250,000.  

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

She says that is exactly what they were talking about, her point is that they seemed to be using the actual figure for the Russian casualties as the figure for the Ukrainian ones

It's one of two things, either she's attempted something, got called out on it and is bluffing or she's just shit at explaining stuff in English. I suspect the former but my generosity would extend to the latter

57 minutes ago, bickster said:

She says that is exactly what they were talking about, her point is that they seemed to be using the actual figure for the Russian casualties as the figure for the Ukrainian ones

It's one of two things, either she's attempted something, got called out on it and is bluffing or she's just shit at explaining stuff in English. I suspect the former but my generosity would extend to the latter

The report from the Russian TV show is regurgitating this ‘report’ from a ‘Russian Military Expert’ put out a couple of days ago. 

Maybe this Tatarinov guy was actually counting Russian obituaries and then presented them in his report as Ukrainian losses, or perhaps it is all just made up for propaganda effect. Who knows? 

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Who knows?

I doubt we'll ever know, especially on the Russian side

Whatever Russia claims it is will be a small fraction of the reality

The other one I posted about (The VDV one) was definitely Russia talking about Russian casualties iirc it was 84K in the VDV

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I doubt we'll ever know, especially on the Russian side

Whatever Russia claims it is will be a small fraction of the reality

The other one I posted about (The VDV one) was definitely Russia talking about Russian casualties iirc it was 84K in the VDV

The one I saw was him saying 8000 odd injured/killed from (just) their parachute regiment

1 minute ago, blandy said:

The one I saw was him saying 8000 odd injured/killed from (just) their parachute regiment

Possibly, I only remember the 84, I wasn't paying too much attention to it at the time

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Possibly, I only remember the 84, I wasn't paying too much attention to it at the time

Here is a version

The commander of Russia's elite airborne troops, General Colonel Mikhail Teplinsky, leaked the number of casualties sustained by his unit since President Vladimir Putin's full-scale invasion of Ukraine began, prompting the Kremlin to scramble to delete his announcement.

In a video now deleted by Russia's Defense Ministry, Teplinsky, commander of the Russian Airborne Forces (the VDV), revealed on Wednesday that 8,500 Russian paratroopers have been wounded since the war in Ukraine began in February 2022.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/top-russian-general-leaks-number-of-elite-casualties-in-ukraine-war/ar-AA1eK6Yi

• Thanks 1

Saw on the news that Russia are moaning that Ukraine used a French drone to damage that bridge ?! so,what does it matter who made the drone ? Russia is using stuff from one of the arab countries,FFS

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â