• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

What I dont understand,is that everybody and their dog knows that this a war NOT a "special operation" " its a war.So,why is it that Putin is getting off so lightly,why isnt the whole world up in arms about Russia and Putin.When Hitler started a "Special operation" in 1939 the whole wordl got upset and did something about it,FFS ?!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

What I dont understand,is that everybody and their dog knows that this a war NOT a "special operation" " its a war.So,why is it that Putin is getting off so lightly,why isnt the whole world up in arms about Russia and Putin.When Hitler started a "Special operation" in 1939 the whole wordl got upset and did something about it,FFS ?!

I blame Oppenheimer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, magnkarl said:

No one reacted much at all towards Hitler until he had gobbled up Austria, Sudetenland and other places. In fact our wuss of a PM pretty much gave Hitler what he wanted. It wasn't until Poland was invaded that anyone did anything, and the response was far from big. We didn't put soldiers in Europe until it was too late.

The current response would mean that we'd pump the very capable Polish army full of weapons to keep Hitler out. We didn't. Poland got ganged on by Soviet and Germany, then we didn't do it when Hitler did the same to Norway and Denmark. We didn't really formulate a proper response to it until we got our ass handed to us at Dunkirk.

What we've done for Ukraine is working, albeit it isn't as fast as some would like but it's a fine line between destroying Russia's army in Ukraine and getting involved in a China\Russia\Iran\North-Korean war with no winners. 

I was in the camp that what Chamberlain did with his 'Peace in our time' shannanigans was give the UK time to prepare for inevitable war. I like to think he knew full well what he was doing, although not reacting to Hitler probably encouraged him to carry on with what he was doing. 

You might be able to tell, I wasn't a popular student in Mrs Hills History class.

Hopefully we're providing enough to support the Ukraine to keep Pootin in his box.

59 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

I was in the camp that what Chamberlain did with his 'Peace in our time' shannanigans was give the UK time to prepare for inevitable war. I like to think he knew full well what he was doing, although not reacting to Hitler probably encouraged him to carry on with what he was doing. 

It's a nice theory but........

Hitler wanted to invade all of Czechoslovakia.   His generals convinced him accept Chamberlain's deal because they weren't capable.  Czechoslovakia and France were allies and the generals feared that an attack on Czechoslovakia would see them fighting the French.  

When we see pictures of the Germany Army in WW2 its always fast moving tanks, dive bombers and infantry on motorbikes.  Our perception is that they were a modern Army.  But that's not true.  In 1939 the Germany army was still heavily dependent upon the horse. 

Th Germany Army used 2.75 million horses in WW2.  The UK used virtually none.  

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Added details

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

It's a nice theory but........

Hitler wanted to invade all of Czechoslovakia.   His generals convinced him accept Chamberlain's deal because they weren't capable.  Czechoslovakia and France were allies and the generals feared that an attack on Czechoslovakia would see them fighting the French.  

When we see pictures of the Germany Army in WW2 its always fast moving tanks, dive bombers and infantry on motorbikes.  Our perception is that they were a modern Army.  But that's not true.  In 1939 the Germany army was still heavily dependent upon the horse. 

Th Germany Army used 2.75 million horses in WW2.  The UK used virtually none.  

So horses were better just don’t attack the Russians with them 

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

The Ukrainians have knocked out a Russian oil tanker overnight. 

Oh that’s a change up.

Is that an attempt to draw out more Russian warships because Ukraine have actually now got a decent amount of new USVs. They are certainly ramping up the attacks with them in the last few days

29 minutes ago, bickster said:

Oh that’s a change up.

Is that an attempt to draw out more Russian warships because Ukraine have actually now got a decent amount of new USVs. They are certainly ramping up the attacks with them in the last few days

It could be in response to the grain blockade but Russia is certainly going to have to spread its navy wider now. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, magnkarl said:

No one reacted much at all towards Hitler until he had gobbled up Austria, Sudetenland and other places. In fact our wuss of a PM pretty much gave Hitler what he wanted. It wasn't until Poland was invaded that anyone did anything, and the response was far from big. We didn't put soldiers in Europe until it was too late. 

Well,he has already taken Gorgia and Crimea and now trying to take Ukraine

Frustrating that Ukraine have managed the hard part in attacking these ships. Such a shame that the explosions weren't powerful enough/didn't penetrate enough to sink their targets. 

1 minute ago, Anthony said:

Frustrating that Ukraine have managed the hard part in attacking these ships. Such a shame that the explosions weren't powerful enough/didn't penetrate enough to sink their targets. 

Do they really need to sink them when the threat of being sunk keeps their military ships in port. 

I think the threat of being sunk is in many ways just as bad.

4 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Big holes in the side mean a long time to repair if it is at all possible. Holing an oil tanker is another level of oh shit for Russia, the drones instinctively keep the navy in port but attacking an oil tanker adds a whole new level, the navy will need to protect them, the price of Russian Oil exports may well have just shot up as a result? Maritime insurance and wages for such vessels will just have shot sky high, not the Russian ones but all the other countries that are still running oil from Russia…

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â