Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

They were supposedly being absorbed into the regular Russian army weren’t they? 

In the story it says that the recruiter told their caller the “positions” were for placement in Ukraine.

The Russia Army can’t run the diamond mines in Africa

• Like 1

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

When Wagner started recruiting criminals and offered them freedom I knew it would happen.

A Wagner ex-convict returned from war and a Russian village lived in fear. Then he killed again

TALLINN, Estonia (AP) — When Ivan Rossomakhin returned home from the war in Ukraine three months ago, his neighbors in the village east of Moscow were terrified.

Three years ago, he was convicted of murder and sentenced to a long prison term but was freed after volunteering to fight with the Wagner private military contractor.

Back in Novy Burets, Rossomakhin drunkenly wandered the streets of the hamlet 800 kilometers (about 500 miles) east of Moscow, carrying a pitchfork and threatening to kill everyone, residents said.

Despite police promises to keep an eye on the 28-year-old former inmate, he was arrested in a nearby town on charges of stabbing to death an elderly woman from whom he once rented a room. He reportedly confessed to committing the crime, less than 10 days after his return.

Rossomakhin’s case is not isolated. The Associated Press found at least seven other instances in recent months in which Wagner-recruited convicts were identified as being involved in violent crimes, either by Russian media reports or in interviews with relatives of victims in locations from Kaliningrad in the west to Siberia in the east.

Nothing will get your PR up like letting murderers murder again.

7 hours ago, magnkarl said:

When Wagner started recruiting criminals and offered them freedom I knew it would happen.

A Wagner ex-convict returned from war and a Russian village lived in fear. Then he killed again

Nothing will get your PR up like letting murderers murder again.

Maybe they thought letting him murder Ukrainians would get the murder lust out of him for a while. Unlucky.

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Maybe they thought letting him murder Ukrainians would get the murder lust out of him for a while. Unlucky.

He’ll probably only be in jail for a couple of weeks before he is offered the same deal as last time. He could be on murder number 3 by Christmas. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

He’ll probably only be in jail for a couple of weeks before he is offered the same deal as last time. He could be on murder number 3 by Christmas. 

I think they stopped the recruitment from jails, not sure if it actually happened though

There's noise about Ukraine wanting to have some results to show at the NATO summit coming up in Vilnius. They might go for a bigger jab than they have done so far. Expect pictures of ruined Western vehicles and gloating vatniks.

Edited by magnkarl

29 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Given that Russia is essentially a dictatorship, why didn't they just take the companies over or just gift them to a different oligarch?

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Given that Russia is essentially a dictatorship, why didn't they just take the companies over or just gift them to a different oligarch?

I'm not sure there is much truth in it. As you said Bicks, it would be far easier to just hand over these to others or allow them to become state controlled. Just dismantling businesses doesn't seem logical

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I presume some of the companies are owned abroad. Putin is likely trying to take over all of Wagner and if Wagner doesn't want to abide he'll tear it down for show.

It's good for Africa.

8 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I presume some of the companies are owned abroad. Putin is likely trying to take over all of Wagner and if Wagner doesn't want to abide he'll tear it down for show.

It's good for Africa.

Not sure how, it'll just be a case of more of the same

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not sure how, it'll just be a case of more of the same

Not that aware of what Wagner do and control in Africa apart from bits I've read here, but I can imagine any efforts to affect operations in Africa could destabilise some countries as there will be factions that will see an opportunity for power and money. Its almost better short term at least that it is business as usual, whoever is running the show.

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Putin has to keep up the pretence of democracy, so has to be seen to be following due process, which may mean for example an enabling act allowing him to, well, do whatever he wants.

"This is a lawful country. We don't do anything unlawful, honest guv."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

It's good for Africa.

I'm not sure. There was talk last week that Putin was trying to purge the senior command at Wagner in Africa however, you would just replace one scumbag with another and probably create more carnage if troops are disillusioned with this. I fail to see any benefit for any of the Countries occupied by Wagner. They're literally taking everything, even wood is being exported. 

I don't see Putin tearing anything down either. Show is for the media, not reality in which things will continue along the same path if there is money to be made. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â