Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

I’m not sure the EU wants to get its shit together and destabilise 9 million people that could walk across hundreds of miles of borders in to 3 EU countries.

Be careful what you wish for.

• Like 2

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Just now, LondonLax said:

The US are also pretty good at meddling in other countries politics 😉

I would suggest they are pretty horrendous at it from past experiences...

At least Russia seem to be able to get a good corrupt dictatorship in place who can be controlled.

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Depends which Luka story you believe. There's Luka is dying and Luka is meeting Putin in Moscow on Wednesday currently doing the rounds today

Why can't it be both. Maybe Vlad will wave the antidote in front of him on Wednesday. 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Why can't it be both. Maybe Vlad will wave the antidote in front of him on Wednesday. 

I suddenly had visions of this:

Indiana-Jones-And-The-Temple-Of-Doom-Lao

Putin: Your army, Luka.. The deal was for your army.
[Luka spins over a large map and a glass of vodka.]
Williska: Oh, Vlad...! [yelps as Luka jabs her with the fork, making her drop the map into his hand.]
Luka: To your very good health. [attempts to take a drink from the vodka, Williska elbows him]
Williska: Vlad, he put a hole-- he put two holes in my dress from Paris!
Vlad: [Angrily] Sit down! [Williska obeys] Now... you bring me the real map.
Luka: My pleasure. [beckons to his assistant, disguised as a waiter]
Williska: What on earth is this "Map"?
Luka: Here he is.
Williska: [watches as the small map is given to Vlad] This map is a real small map...
Vlad: Inside are the remains of my new army - first new(er) start of Russian power!
Luka: Welcome home, old boy.
[Luka sips his vodka. Vlad and his henchmen laugh]
Vlad: And now, you give me the map.
Luke: [tugging at his collar as though in discomfort] Are you trying to develop a sense of humor, or am I going deaf?
[Vlad holds up a vial of blue liquid, still chuckling.]
Williska: What's that?
Vlad: Antidote.
Luka: [Suddenly tense] To what?
Vlad: The poison you just drank, Mr president! [continues to laugh]

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

The BBC now reporting on it

An armed group has crossed from Ukraine into Russia's Belgorod region and clashes there have injured a number of people, Russian authorities say.

Local governor Vyacheslav Gladkov said Russian forces were searching for "saboteurs", who he said had attacked Grayvoronsky district by the border.

Vladimir Putin's spokesman said the Russian president had been informed.

Ukraine denies responsibility and said Russian citizens from two paramilitary groups were behind the incursion.

Mr Gladkov said eight people had been hurt, including two people admitted to hospital after a village was shelled and three people who were hit by shrapnel in the town of Grayvoron.

Fighting had also damaged three houses and a local administrative building, and the situation remains "extremely tense", he said.

The governor said a "counter-terrorist operation" had been launched in the region, giving special powers to the authorities including on identity checks and communications surveillance.

The ingenuity of the Ukrainian farmer community never ceases to amaze. They've developed remote controlled tanks, clad them in trophied Russian armor and are now demining their own fields with their own version of madmax cars with huge rollers on the front. Russia is never going to break Ukraine.

• Like 2

Here's 7 UA soldiers capturing 22 fighters from VDVs SOF detachment 'Storm' in one go. Calling them SOF is a discredit to the name. Same tactic, no artillery cover, driving straight onto entrenched soldiers with artillery cover and ATGMS. They attacked with Tigr AFVs and a T-90, lost it all and got captured..

In NATO terms this would be like sending 3 seal squads into a locked battle with Jeeps and then losing them all..

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Here's 7 UA soldiers capturing 22 fighters from VDVs SOF detachment 'Storm' in one go. Calling them SOF is a discredit to the name. Same tactic, no artillery cover, driving straight onto entrenched soldiers with artillery cover and ATGMS. They attacked with Tigr AFVs and a T-90, lost it all and got captured..

If I was a Russian solider I'd be actively trying to get captured. Best way to avoid death as a result of your own commanders sending you on fool's errands. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

If I was a Russian solider I'd be actively trying to get captured. Best way to avoid death as a result of your own commanders sending you on fool's errands. 

If you was a Russian soldier you'd also be scared of handing yourself into the wrong Ukrainians who'd just execute you. Surrendering isn't that easy of a decision to make, no matter how little you want to fight. There will be thousands of Russians that want out but too scared to try and escape to Ukrainian lines for fear of being killed by either side. 

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

If you was a Russian soldier you'd also be scared of handing yourself into the wrong Ukrainians who'd just execute you. 

Better take that chance than have one of your own comrades shoot you in the back for not running out on open ground straight to your death. 

27 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Better take that chance than have one of your own comrades shoot you in the back for not running out on open ground straight to your death. 

Even still.. I don't think surrendering is an easy choice to make considering the damage Russia has done to Ukraine, but I do know what your saying. 

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Didn't Ukraine run an official surrender hotline early in the war. 

Maybe just propaganda 

Still are, not only that, they released more details of it, only yesterday, there is even a resettlement programme for after the war, you can live in Ukraine or one of three other participating EU countries

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Putin's strategy is starting to crumble.  

He's been telling the public that they are fighting NATO but everything is going well. Its now obvious to everyone that things aren't going well.  The public is asking why their well organised and equipped army aren't retaliating against the inept and divided NATO?  Especially as Putin has been threatening this since the early days of the war. 

One of Gorbachev's greatest achievements was that he avoided a civil war when the USSR died.  Putin may not be so lucky.  

What happened to all THE Russian Grandmother's. Weren't the the ones who were going to put a stop to this when too many of the boys started dying. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What happened to all THE Russian Grandmother's. Weren't the the ones who were going to put a stop to this when too many of the boys started dying. 

There have been a lot of wrong predictions about Russia so far. 

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

There have been a lot of wrong predictions about Russia so far. 

Strangely Prigozhin predicted the Belgogrod incursion back in March iirc (Not that it would be done by actual Russians but no one else predicted it at all)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â