• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

The thing is, if the Russians keep retreating beyond the range of the artillery, then all the Ukrainians have to do is keep moving said artillery forward.  I'm certainly no expert, but I don't think running away is a winning strategy. It's good for not getting blown up, but a strange strategy for holding territory. All that said I'm all for the running away and not getting blown up tactics, long may they continue.

At Stalingrad the Red Army had their backs to the Volga.     They held out for 5 months in some of the most brutal fighting seen during WW2.  The Nazis never got a significant foothold on the east bank of the Volga and were eventually outflanked. 

The defence of Kherson is an embarrassment.   

• Like 1

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Looks like Kyiv is currently under a barrage.  If they were so inclined, would Ukraine be able to attack Russian cities from distance in retaliation?

Ukraine said it wouldn't use NATO supplied weapons to strike into Russia.    They have the capability to do so with other methods. But not to a significant level.  

But this tactic is exactly what Hitler did and was one of the main reasons for his downfall.  Hitler used a limited supply of missiles to bombard London.   They killed lots of civilians but did nothing to erode our ability to fight.   Every missile used to blow up terraced houses in London was a missile that wasn't hitting the naval dockyards in Portsmouth.     

Ukraine should stick to the plan.  Hit the Russian military and strategic targets like oil refineries, bridges and railways.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Straggler said:

The thing is, if the Russians keep retreating beyond the range of the artillery, then all the Ukrainians have to do is keep moving said artillery forward.  I'm certainly no expert, but I don't think running away is a winning strategy. It's good for not getting blown up, but a strange strategy for holding territory. All that said I'm all for the running away and not getting blown up tactics, long may they continue.

Slight problem with this. Currently there's no way to get HIMARS units across the Dnipro and I think Ukraine maybe wary of pushing them across and getting them potentially captured, So for now, the range is the range. Very telling that they've buggered off after two days though. If Ukraine can get the HIMARS across the Dnipro safely with the ability to retreat then that is the next game changer in that direction I think

1 hour ago, Mozzavfc said:

You'd also imagine the majority of missiles & drones hitting Kiev are being launched from Belarus, who 'technically' aren't in the war, so would be bad PR. Ukraine needs the world to keep arming it 

Don't think so this time

Kalibers from the Black Sea Fleet and air launched missiles from seven TU-95 that were also in the air, they can be as far away as the Caspian Sea when they launch their missiles

This attack was widely predicted and it has nothing to do with the liberation of Kherson, it's because the G20 were meeting today. This is what the Russians do when there's a meeting of World Leaders going on. It's entirely predictable and reprehensible behaviour from Russia and it is very much reminiscent of the way Mafia gangs operate, the correlation is obviously strong there

Woah. That’s unsettling. Nervous times now. Selfishly I’m glad my missus family is on the western side of Poland but it’s still bloody scary and horrible for those in that situation.

Russia done **** up. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â