• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

I know this can be applied to the Palestinian situation, but same can be said about quite a number of other countries historically. My suspicion is that they simply want to sit on the fence and are unwilling to damage their relationship with Russia - but perhaps the US should deduct the cost of weapons off what they give to Israel - if they continue to sit on that fence. 

Golan Heights.  An area to the north of Israel that was captured from Syria during the 6 Day War.  It’s population was displaced and it was annexed with the justification that l it was necessary to create a defensive buffer zone between Israel and a hostile nation.   The annexation is not recognised by the UN.  It’s hard to justify arming Ukraine at the same time as denouncing those who might heavily arm Syria in the future.   

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Golan Heights.  An area to the north of Israel that was captured from Syria during the 6 Day War.  It’s population was displaced and it was annexed with the justification that l it was necessary to create a defensive buffer zone between Israel and a hostile nation.   The annexation is not recognised by the UN.  It’s hard to justify arming Ukraine at the same time as denouncing those who might heavily arm Syria in the future.   

But say they armed Ukraine, what would they be worried about? Being called hypocrites? As with a reluctant Germany and many European countries putting up less support than they should, questions need to be continually asked of countries choosing to sit on the fence. 

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

But say they armed Ukraine, what would they be worried about? Being called hypocrites? As with a reluctant Germany and many European countries putting up less support than they should, questions need to be continually asked of countries choosing to sit on the fence. 

They are worried about a future where Russia arms Syria in order to liberate the Golan Heights.  Israel could face armed insurgency from Palestinians, drone attacks from a nuclear armed Iran and a Syrian liberation of illegally annexed land.  

5 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

They are worried about a future where Russia arms Syria in order to liberate the Golan Heights.  Israel could face armed insurgency from Palestinians, drone attacks from a nuclear armed Iran and a Syrian liberation of illegally annexed land.  

Tell you what - Russia aint arming anyone for a while and Iran are having a wonderful time perfecting their drone tech in Ukraine - they could at least send something to kill those drones 

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Tell you what - Russia aint arming anyone for a while and Iran are having a wonderful time perfecting their drone tech in Ukraine - they could at least send something to kill those drones 

They have.  I wrote about this a while back.  When Iranian drones became a factor, Israel decided to ask a foreign military to independently asses it’s anti-drone system.  They asked Poland to do it.  Poland decided to sub-contract that work out to a neighbouring military. You’ll never guess who they chose.   🤣

From what I have seen, these drones are very basic, make a huge amount of noise  and will easily to shot down once heavy machine guns are deployed in the right places.   More concerning is the other missiles that Iran are rumoured to be selling to Russia. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Iran's drones aren't that good, you hear about the ones that get through. The vast majority of them are shot down. For example, last night between midnight and 2am, in the Mykolaiv region, Ukraine shot down 14 Shaheed 136

Russia is having to fly them in squadrons in the hope that one or two get through now because sending single ones on a mission was proving to be very ineffective.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Iran's drones aren't that good, you hear about the ones that get through. The vast majority of them are shot down. For example, last night between midnight and 2am, in the Mykolaiv region, Ukraine shot down 14 Shaheed 136

Russia is having to fly them in squadrons in the hope that one or two get through now because sending single ones on a mission was proving to be very ineffective.

The trouble is they are super cheap so it’s no problem to swarm with them and it’s very difficult to cover every attack. 

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

The trouble is they are super cheap so it’s no problem to swarm with them and it’s very difficult to cover every attack. 

Agreed, however, the other side of the coin is that they aren't in infinite supply either. They supposedly took delivery of 2,400 of them. They will be a good way through that number now

Problem is, there seems to be no accurate figure on how many of these Iran actually has.

11 hours ago, Anthony said:

And while we're at it on the twitters:

I can't read that article, as my Swedish is non-existent, but this all smells a little bit like bulls**t. That just looks like a standard Canon DSLR. Wouldn't that be crummy in terms of use by a drone? It's set up for stills mainly, right? My Canon DSLR is hopeless at video. Also, 23,000 euro?, what including the salary of the bloke who changes the flash bulb? 

Maybe I'm missing something here, perhaps someone can elucidate?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â