Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

This is great. The "Tactical Truth" is very fascinating. Where people know you need to just lie so you have an answer. Nobody believes it but you understand why the situation requires it.

Was half minded to investigate whether the the word 'Pravda' had picked up the association of being not quite true from the newspaper's outlook, or if the newspaper was actually just clearly labelled as propaganda from the beginning?

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

54 minutes ago, Xann said:

Was half minded to investigate whether the the word 'Pravda' had picked up the association of being not quite true from the newspaper's outlook, or if the newspaper was actually just clearly labelled as propaganda from the beginning?

From the beginning. Started out much the same as the Morning Star in being the official newspaper of the Communist Party. It started pre-revolution I think but would have been full of propaganda from the off

On 13/09/2022 at 21:09, sidcow said:

I don't care how one sided your news has been. If you're Russian you've got to ask why the entire western world is so keen to prop up a Nazi regime after fighting a World War to end one. 

The news / propaganda machine is powerful. 

My wife is Lithuanian, from a Russian family. She has cousins in Kiev who were from the same Russian family but now consider themselves Ukrainian. Generally speaking if you are <40 you consider yourself Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Latvian etc and are absolutely horrified by what's happening. If you are >40 you reminisce about the Soviet days, consume Russian TV etc. 

Her parents, who consume everything Russian are 100% behind the war, think Russia is winning (easily) and think this is all Americas fault. The whole world is popping up Ukraine, because they "know" Putin could easily take over the annex the whole of Europe, including the UK if he decided to. Thankfully he has just decided he needs to liberate the former soviet states before America + Nato take them.

Edited by pas5898
addition
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Putin might not use nukes but is anyone else still worried about that Tidal Wave bomb that's going to wipe us out?

Personally I'm building an Ark just in case and disguising it as a series of garden sheds.

You could just get one of these....

Seabreacher-Z Model Dolphin Inspired - MySubmarines

• Like 1

Chinese representative here says Russia & China respect each others borders which is why its important to maintain friendly relations (ironic, huh)

China’s position is to call for an end to the war, and that other than Ukraine, they are losing out most because of the conflict. Warns that the more Russia are pushed back and suffer defeats on the battleground, the more likely they are to escalate. She asks if they recognise it as an invasion, says no leave that to the historians, and then she says China withdrawing support to Russia will bring an end to the war, which he refutes and claims China supports both Russia and Ukraine.

Ive Really learned a lot about how this messed up world really works the last few years 🧐

44 minutes ago, choffer said:

Apropos of nothing in particular:

Genuine question to anyone who actually knows a bit more than me about Russian politics etc.

Were all these people who died either openly anti the war/Putin, or possibly anti Putin behind the scenes?, or is it something to do with removing certain people to secure certain assets?....something else?

What is the thing that links all these people? (im assuming they didnt die for no reason? - i dont mean they deserved to, but more....what links then that they were some possible threat to Putin or his allies?, or why they met their end from "suicide" etc)

note: please dont just say "cus Putin bad man no reason blah blah", there must be something linking them?

Edited by MaVilla

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â