• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

4 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

There is another ammunition dump in flames in Belgorod. 

The official explanation is that the exceptionally warm weather is to blame.

🤣🤣🤣

Explosives that self ignite at 35 degrees (the max it reached today)

8 hours ago, Genie said:

Guarding the Russian warehouse full of bombs has got to be the worst job on the planet.

Or alternatively working on the tarmac at Chornobaivka Crater (formerly known as airfield).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I think Turkey have been playing a fantastic game!

They are still one of the major tourist areas for Russians.  At the same time as selling/giving very expensive drones to Ukraine which are killing Russians every day.  

It's a balancing act of hitherto unseen  proportions

They are also buying more Russian oil and gas than they have previously

Erdogan really is the master of being everything to everyone

Reports in the last hour of something happening on the Kherson front

There have been messages telling residents to stock up on water, charge their devices (to keep up to date with news) and have Ukrainian flags at the ready (for identity purposes not celebration)

There are also messages on Russian telegram channels reporting heavy tank / Artilery / Airbourne activity against them. Ukrainian sources claiming the first line of Russian defence has been broken (this won't be the most heavily defended)

It's also rumoured that an awful lot of officers buggered off a few days ago

There's nothing concrete obviously and you wouldn't expect there to be either but it does seem like some sort of large Ukrainian offensive is taking place

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

It's also rumoured that an awful lot of officers buggered off a few days ago

The entire Russian command staff for the Kherson front withdrew to Melitopol. Once they had set up again Ukraine destroyed them with HIMARS. 

Today is the just the first move and there’ll be lots more to follow, but the next phase of the war has now begun. 

• Like 1

Nothing would please me more than a total roll-over here, but I guess it'll be harder than that. It's almost a month since Russia's supply capabilities across the Dnepr was hit for the first time, there'll be a lot of hungry, out of ammo soldiers from Godknowsistan ready to surrender. 

So It Begins Lord Of The Rings GIF - So It Begins Lord Of The Rings So GIFs

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

I was chatting to one of the football dads the other day, he’s Polish but has been living in the UK for over 12 years.

He just got back from a 3 week trip home to see family.

He was saying that he was surprised that a lot of the Ukrainian people who are living in his old home town (I don’t know which town but he said it was about 100km from the Ukraine border) want to stay in Poland now. They’ve settled in and wouldn’t leave if they got the opportunity. 

Not really sure where i’m going with this anecdote but just surprised me a little too. He was saying that the standard of living in Poland is much higher than Ukraine before the war.

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

He was saying that he was surprised that a lot of the Ukrainian people who are living in his old home town (I don’t know which town but he said it was about 100km from the Ukraine border) want to stay in Poland now. They’ve settled in and wouldn’t leave if they got the opportunity. 

That's not really a surprise. When people leave a war torn country they setup a new life and get jobs in a new country. Going back to a broken country full of rubble, corruption, internal fighting, political instability, etc. Isn't going to appeal much. Putin has destroyed Ukraine for at least the next 25 years, and probably longer when you consider the population loss. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â