• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

19 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

It’s not a great advert for Rolls Royce this..

Why, because they've failed to be involved in the Victory parade? 

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think you worded that worse... 

The argument is that Ukrainians were denied taking their flags to WW2 remembrance because Germany, particularly in the east and in Berlin has a large number of Russian people who were also denied taking their flags to the same event, you seem to miss the point that all flags were banned 

Germany said no to both because that is common sense, they were of the opinion that the displaying of flags would lead to provocation in Berlin, read the statement they put out, are you saying that it doesn't make sense or that they are wrong? 

A couple of reiterations.

a) Flags are not banned across Germany at different remembrance events and sites on this day.

b) This is a Berlin specific policy.

c) Russia attacked Ukraine, not the other way around. One is a perpetrator of an aggressive war where several instances of war crimes have been committed.

d) By banning all flags you punish the bully, as well as their victims. Other towns have done fine by allowing flags, in fact there's no reports of instances from demonstrations about this.

8 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

If this was in Berlin he’d be impaled on those flags, according to the police.

Maybe someone might have been seriously hurt. Would that have been okay? I don't understand why have you got such a bee in your bonnet about a memorial service though. It's over now, get over it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Maybe someone might have been seriously hurt. Would that have been okay? I don't understand why have you got such a bee in your bonnet about a memorial service though. It's over now, get over it. 

You mean the memorial service Putin has hijacked to spout his propaganda about nazis in Ukraine and Russia’s existential threat while his army has likely killed 50.000 civilians in Mariupol?

Sorry, if a flag is what annoys the people in charge of security I suggest a large cup of ‘stop appeasing Russia-tea’. The flags were never the issue, it was that a certain city is uncomfortable dealing with its long standing stance on a government that’s gone full throttle down the genocide path.

If you think the flag is what is dangerous in that crowd you’re probably ignoring the 2000 pairs of feet and fists.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â