Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Nice of Boris to walk the nation into this isn’t it, especially in a weak attempt to save his own arse. 

I don't know about this,  all previous and all future Prime ministers no matter what colour of party would (I hope) take exactly the same route he has taken.

If he wanted to "save his own arse" he wouldn't do it this way as he doesn't control the story.  Iraq and the Falklands are the examples that are useful in this arena.  

I know people hate him but there needs to be a balance I think in the thread.  What would Starmer have done that would be so different,  I suspect nothing but he would be a hero.

I am neither Labour or Tory but the thread is in danger of not being discussion but on who hates Boris the most.

• Like 2

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I feel the opposite tbh. He doesn’t have enough of my respect to call him Prime Minister or Johnson as is the general theme with a “leader”. 

He’s a fool, a dangerous one at that. Boris is the nicest name I could call him on here and not get banned.

Yes! This is sort of the point I failed to make. Calling him Boris helps us forget that he's the Prime Minister. We need to be reminded of it as often as possible, hence calling him Prime Minister, but I understand that for our sanity, we can't all the time as it's too miserable. 

Anyway, let's get back to taking about the shit that the Russians are pulling and hope it all collapses with minimal loss of life. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Awol said:

That’s bollocks. 

What’s bollocks?

54 minutes ago, Risso said:

Walked us into what exactly?

Because his arse is on the line he’s appointed himself as leader of counter aggressive talk against Russia to which they are talking specifically about nuking us off the map. 

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I don't know about this,  all previous and all future Prime ministers no matter what colour of party would (I hope) take exactly the same route he has taken.

If he wanted to "save his own arse" he wouldn't do it this way as he doesn't control the story.  Iraq and the Falklands are the examples that are useful in this arena.  

I know people hate him but there needs to be a balance I think in the thread.  What would Starmer have done that would be so different,  I suspect nothing but he would be a hero.

I am neither Labour or Tory but the thread is in danger of not being discussion but on who hates Boris the most.

I fully endorse the support for Ukraine we and others are giving. Ukraine are effectively Europes front line, they can’t be allowed to fail otherwise the threat marches forward.

My issue with Boris the Prime Minister Johnson is that he appears to be using the conflict to try and enhance his statesmanlike appearance amid an ocean of scandals and calls for his resignation. Starmer I assume would act like others around Europe and Biden in the US etc. Give Ukraine what they need to be successful and support relocation of refugees as much as possible.

The visit and continued aggressive talking directly at Russia which he is doing more than others are not necessary or helpful imo, and puts the UK at an unnecessary risk of some kind of retaliation.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

The visit and continued aggressive talking directly at Russia which he seems to be the only one doing it are not necessary imo

I'm not sure why you think he's the only one doing it and saying it, he isn't. Lots of leaders have visted Kyiv, he wasn't even remotely the first. Lots of leaders are also equally aggressive in what they say. Don't imagine for one minute that Scholtz and Macron are typical, they are very atypical

Just now, bickster said:

I'm not sure why you think he's the only one doing it and saying it, he isn't. Lots of leaders have visted Kyiv, he wasn't even remotely the first. Lots of leaders are also equally aggressive in what they say. Don't imagine for one minute that Scholtz and Macron are typical, they are very atypical

Scholz and Macron are leaders of the 2 countries most similar to ours in many ways and are conducting themselves quite differently.

Which major nations leader visited Ukraine before Boris Johnson out of interest? and which ones since?

Which other major nations leader has addressed the Ukrainian government directly? 

Which major nations have been threatened to be nuked off the map by Russia over their handling of this conflict?

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

And to be fair to Scholtz, a man I dislike, he has seriously toughened up his rhetoric in the past few days.

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

What’s bollocks?

Because his arse is on the line he’s appointed himself as leader of counter aggressive talk against Russia to which they are talking specifically about nuking us off the map. 

And the worst part was they included Ireland in their propagandda video. I mean what did we ever do?

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

The visit and continued aggressive talking directly at Russia which he is doing more than others are not necessary or helpful imo, and puts the UK at an unnecessary risk of some kind of retaliation

So you support the UK's help towards Ukraine but don't really support aggressive rhetoric towards the Russian dictator? The rhetoric has never been against the Russian people but against the senseless regime and I think we're quite vocal about that. The retaliation as your put it isn't going to happen - the only thing they could do (I suppose) is a mass cyber attack or cut off the gas but anything else and that's the big red line crossed for NATO and goodbye Russia.  

3 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

And the worst part was they included Ireland in their propagandda video. I mean what did we ever do?

Smashed their embassy gates in. Definitely a nuking offence.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, trekka said:

So you support the UK's help towards Ukraine but don't really support aggressive rhetoric towards the Russian dictator? The rhetoric has never been against the Russian people but against the senseless regime and I think we're quite vocal about that. The retaliation as your put it isn't going to happen - the only thing they could do (I suppose) is a mass cyber attack or cut off the gas but anything else and that's the big red line crossed for NATO and goodbye Russia.  

I fully support the UK being a part of a Western response to the aggression shown by Russia.

The sideshow which Boris is running is not helpful at all. Threats against the UK, however credible, as a result of him running his mouth off acting the big man create an necessary risk (distraction)… which is probably his intention.

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Smashed their embassy gates in. Definitely a nuking offence.  

In the minds of the Russians, it probably is. I think it was just an incompetent driver, who got lost and tried a 3 point turn in a driveway. How was he to know he was toppling the pillars of the entrance to the Russian Embasssy?

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Which major nations have been threatened to be nuked off the map by Russia over their handling of this conflict?

I'll come back to the other bits but Russia hasn't threatened this. A TV talking head i Russia has threatened this it's like saying Tucker Carlson said something so the US Government have threatened it

Oh and France was threatened with being nuked days before us

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'll come back to the other bits but Russia hasn't threatened this. A TV talking head i Russia has threatened this it's like saying Tucker Carlson said something so the US Government have threatened it

Oh and France was threatened with being nuked days before us

Would this be the famously state controlled Russian TV? 😉 

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Would this be the famously state controlled Russian TV? 😉 

Yes but don't mistake this for an official statement because that isn't remotely close what it is.

Just now, bickster said:

Yes but don't mistake this for an official statement because that isn't remotely close what it is.

Russian media is 100% controlled by the Kremlin as we know. It’s much closer to an official statement than your example of Tucker Carlson.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â