Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

BBC news at 10 have just run a big story about massive Chinese investment in Europe.  They've been doing this round the Pacific for years, it's building an Empire by legitimate means and subduing nations due to reliance on investment. 

World leaders need to be careful on this after ignoring the Russia threat for so long. 

But they don't really. The difference between Europe and other Countries in South Asia is that Europe will just take back whatever they want if the time comes.  

Edited by avfc1982am

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Remember all the tyre pictures back a month and a half ago...

Well there was this fella who seemed yo know his shit, well he analysed a few more pictures of failed tyres on a Grad launcher

The kicker in this lot is the Made in the USSR stamp that means two things

1. The tyres are possibly over 30 years old and
  2. They were made for the export market

It suggests that there is something of a tyre shortage in Russia

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Remember all the tyre pictures back a month and a half ago...

Well there was this fella who seemed yo know his shit, well he analysed a few more pictures of failed tyres on a Grad launcher

The kicker in this lot is the Made in the USSR stamp that means two things

1. The tyres are possibly over 30 years old and
  2. They were made for the export market

It suggests that there is something of a tyre shortage in Russia

I'm sure I saw a report the other day that many of the armoured vehicles had been fitted with Cheap tyres from China that were also blowing out at an alarming rate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I'm sure I saw a report the other day that many of the armoured vehicles had been fitted with Cheap tyres from China that were also blowing out at an alarming rate. 

Its also becasue of simple maintenance.  Military vehicles (If stored outside) need to be moved and turned around at regular intervals for the engine,  brakes and battery and normal things like that. But more important than all these (Without tyres the other stuff is irrelevant) they need to be turned so the sun doesn't bake the rubber on 1 side and thus weakening the wall and reliability.

The Russians don't bother with this sort of stuff,  probably becasue of corruption but also becasue they are genuinely thick words removed.  The US / UK probably has a squad of people who just turn stuff around and start it up all day long,  I don't know.

Also,  still to be 100% confirmed (Found this online the other day) but Ukraine has found that the expolsive protection armor on some tanks is filled with egg cartons and some of the body "Armor" plates the Russian soldiers are wearing is actually toughened cardboard.  We will find out next week their hats are Asbestos based the useless words removed.

15 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

The US / UK probably has a squad of people who just turn stuff around and start it up all day long,  I don't know.

Not the UK. A massive difference between the UK and US forces is the kind of compartmentalisation of roles -  in the US, their forces have very specific roles and only those people do those roles. In the UK, it's the opposite - everyone mucks in. I was an Air Comms and Air Radar bod, but I'd also do jobs like cleaning aircraft windows, mopping out hydraulic bays, changing desiccants, emptying the loos, marshalling aircraft, moving power trolleys, chocks, aircraft steps, lashing down aircraft in storm conditions, standing by with a fire extinguisher on engine ground runs...loads of stuff. In the US that would all be done by completely different people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, blandy said:

Not the UK. A massive difference between the UK and US forces is the kind of compartmentalisation of roles -  in the US, their forces have very specific roles and only those people do those roles. In the UK, it's the opposite - everyone mucks in. I was an Air Comms and Air Radar bod, but I'd also do jobs like cleaning aircraft windows, mopping out hydraulic bays, changing desiccants, emptying the loos, marshalling aircraft, moving power trolleys, chocks, aircraft steps, lashing down aircraft in storm conditions, standing by with a fire extinguisher on engine ground runs...loads of stuff. In the US that would all be done by completely different people.

Super interesting, thanks mate.

Thread below is a translation of an official statement from Russia’s MFA. It doubles down on Lavrov’s statement that Zelensky’s Jewish heritage doesn’t mean he’s not a Nazi - because the Jews murdered themselves during the holocaust. 

As a window into Russian official thinking it’s pretty grim, but we’ll worth a read.

Israel moving towards supplying Ukraine with defensive weapons after Lavrov's foot in the mouth. The Iron Dome would be huge for Ukraine, arguably the best anti-missile system in the world.

Germany also now sending modern versions of the PzH 2000 artillery, models that have the 'time on target' software which will essentially fire at different trajectories and land at the same time at a range of 40km's which is again longer than the 2s19 MSTA-S Russian counterpart.

Edited by magnkarl

17 hours ago, bickster said:

Why would you imagine that would happen? They currently have soldiers dying of radiation sickness because they were made to dig and live in trenches in the highly radioactive ground around Chernobyl. Putin won't give a shit about withdrawing any soldiers in your scenario.

He's not going nuclear anyway imo. I don't even think China would support that because anyone supporting Russia at that stage will also be sanctioned. As it is you might as well think of Russia under the new name of West Korea

His ego won't allow him to lose this war and if he has options it's my belief he will use them. I hope I'm wrong . 

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

His ego won't allow him to lose this war and if he has options it's my belief he will use them. I hope I'm wrong . 

The other thing that is possible is that Putin just declares victory, says all objectives achieved and then pulls out. 

They keep repeating all objectives are on track despite the fact that they patently aren't. He just says and does what he wants despite all evidence to the contrary so why not? Announce victory and GTFO. No one is going to question him. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sidcow said:

BBC news at 10 have just run a big story about massive Chinese investment in Europe.

The three biggest landowners in London are the Queen in third, Transport for London in second, with all those stations, the track and the yards and in first place, the Qatar wealth fund - I'd be more worried about them to be honest.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

The three biggest landowners in London are the Queen in third, Transport for London in second, with all those stations, the track and the yards and in first place, the Qatar wealth fund - I'd be more worried about them to be honest.

Russia, China and Qatar control this country. I think Katie Price is fussier about who she gets into bed with than the UK.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Russia, China and Qatar control this country. I think Katie Price is fussier about who she gets into bed with than the UK.

US companies own 60% of the global economy.

Anyways, we're off topic, sorry.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

The Russian Embassy in London has just issued a tweet condemning Israel for supporting Nazis in Ukraine.  

That's how desperate they have become.  

giphy.gif

Generally speaking doing your utmost to really seriously annoy a nation who has oodles of tried and tested high tec weaponry, whilst trying to fight a war against someone else is a rather ill advised course of action. 

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

The Russian Embassy in London has just issued a tweet condemning Israel for supporting Nazis in Ukraine.  

That's how desperate they have become.  

It's no coincidence that Israel announced today that there is no clause in the weapons supply contract they have with Estonia preveventing the Baltic State from supplying those weapons to a third country

Estonia has only this year taken delivery of 500 Spike personal anti-tank weapons and a number of Blue Spear coastal defence missiles

Considering at the outbreak of this, Israel was very pointedly getting splinters in its arse from the fence it had plonked itself on, I think it's quite safe to assume now that they've picked a side and they've come off that fence because of the rhetoric coming from Russia

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â