• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Darth Putin has been banging his gums again. Negotiating peace with this psycho right now requires handing over large stretches of Ukraine to be Bucha’d. 

Interestingly, alongside the planned shotgun referendum to justify annexing Kherson from Ukraine, the Ruble is to be introduced as the new currency. 

38 minutes ago, Awol said:

Darth Putin has been banging his gums again. Negotiating peace with this psycho right now requires handing over large stretches of Ukraine to be Bucha’d. 

Interestingly, alongside the planned shotgun referendum to justify annexing Kherson from Ukraine, the Ruble is to be introduced as the new currency. 

It says “creation” so I assume he’s not talking about existing countries.

I expect he is referring to the areas in the east and south of Ukraine. If Russia is pushed out they become anti-Russian, mainly due to the fact Russia has destroyed them.

From Putin’s point of view these areas were pro-Russia and he wanted to liberate them. Now he’s cocked it up, if he were to back down and retreat now then there will be no pro-Russian people left there. Another example of Putin shooting himself in the foot. 

Edited by Genie

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

It says “creation” so I assume he’s not talking about existing countries.

I expect he is referring to the areas in the east and south of Ukraine. If Russia is pushed out they become anti-Russian, mainly due to the fact Russia has destroyed them.

He is talking about areas of Ukraine, yes. Ironically ones with a higher level of the Russian speakers he was claiming to liberate (but mostly from their lives and homes as it turns out). They are already anti-Russian and as yet none are fully under Russian control - that’s where the fighting is happening now.

• Like 1

Just now, Awol said:

He is talking about areas of Ukraine, yes. Ironically ones with a higher level of the Russian speakers he was claiming to liberate (but mostly from their lives and homes as it turns out). They are already anti-Russian and as yet none are fully under Russian control - that’s where the fighting is happening now.

So Putin has gone from having some regions on the Russian border that were reasonably pro-Russian, to a warzone as it stands. If he backs down / retreats / loses then they will be fully fledged Ukraine and very hostile towards their neighbour.

Great work. Another for the pile labelled “didn’t properly think it through”.

• Like 2

The 100 or so MP's who voted against this will likely be thoroughly looked at by the press for ties with Russia, as you probably rightly guessed it's the abhorrent AfD and Left parties that opposed. AfD is Orban and Putin's populist brother in Russia and the Left party is Corbyn's mates who thinks that you can win a genocidal war with a petition.

Meanwhile Olaf Scholtz has been heavily criticised for running away from Germany to Japan while the Bundestag debated this. It's fairly clear that he's against weapons deliveries, in faithful tradition with his predecessor Merkel who was mates with Putin.

The German political landscape is once and for all taking a heavy look at themselves and it seems to be largely powered by the young generations not wanting to sell their soul for gas.

3 hours ago, Awol said:

At this point i think it's safe to say if your not part of Nato you will be next. Putin isn't going to stop at Ukraine Imo.

• Like 1

It's ironic that Putin's turned off the gas in Bulgaria, a country that had not yet delivered heavy aid.

Well, now that Putin did turn off the gas Bulgaria is prepared to deliver every bit of Soviet kit they have. Well done Putin.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

It's ironic that Putin's turned off the gas in Bulgaria, a country that had not yet delivered heavy aid.

Well, now that Putin did turn off the gas Bulgaria is prepared to deliver every bit of Soviet kit they have. Well done Putin.

another Putin fail.

He wanted to send a message about gas supply the cheapest way possible. If he’s serious he’d turn off the tap to Germany.

Do you think that pipeline has a valve?

I mean, not telling Putin how to run a campaign, but don’t you reduce supply to the big boys to both give them a gentle warning squeeze, and, stop them stockpiling  there way out of a problem.

But I’ll leave this to the experts in Russia.

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Do you think that pipeline has a valve?

I mean, not telling Putin how to run a campaign, but don’t you reduce supply to the big boys to both give them a gentle warning squeeze, and, stop them stockpiling  there way out of a problem.

But I’ll leave this to the experts in Russia.

I don't actually think Russia can turn it off. They'll need massive storage facilities and for the gas to be transported to other pipelines. AFAIK the European pipelines aren't connected to i.e the Chinese pipelines which makes this a headache for Russia. The same gas is flowing in the pipes, it's just that Putin isn't willing to sell to Bulgaria and Poland.

4 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I don't actually think Russia can turn it off. They'll need massive storage facilities and for the gas to be transported to other pipelines. AFAIK the European pipelines aren't connected to i.e the Chinese pipelines which makes this a headache for Russia. The same gas is flowing in the pipes, it's just that Putin isn't willing to sell to Bulgaria and Poland.

Europe should say “no thanks we don’t want any more Russian gas”, then Russia would probably need Europe to take it, even for free (like when the price of oil went negative).

6 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Not talking about turning it off. I do understand it can’t easily be sold elsewhere. But by the same token, I’d presume they have some control over the speed it comes out of the ground.

I mean, it’s Russia so anything is possible, but I’d be a bit disappointed in their ability to think strategically if they can’t alter the flow rate in a pipe. That it would just be on / off.

You would imagine the news that Poland had been stockpiling would cause them to think about what Germany’s next few chess moves might be. Russia being famously good at chess.

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

You would imagine the news that Poland had been stockpiling would cause them to think about what Germany’s next few chess moves might be. Russia being famously good at chess.

I wouldnt mind if Russia won the chess but lost the war Vs Ukraine.

12 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I wouldnt mind if Russia won the chess but lost the war Vs Ukraine.

'Sadly' NATO has been winning the chess for the last 9 years too, it's been over 24 years since a Russian won the tournament.

The second highest ranked 'Russian' player is a proper bellend who's actually from Crimea, he's featured in many Z-propaganda videos and been excluded from world chess. Karjakin is his name, you'll see him walking down the street in Moscow wearing a Z-hoodie. His twitter is full of Russian propaganda. He's been trashed so many times by the current champion that he's used this exclusion as an excuse to 'retire'.

Edited by magnkarl

44 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

The 100 or so MP's who voted against this will likely be thoroughly looked at by the press for ties with Russia, as you probably rightly guessed it's the abhorrent AfD and Left parties that opposed. AfD is Orban and Putin's populist brother in Russia and the Left party is Corbyn's mates who thinks that you can win a genocidal war with a petition.

Meanwhile Olaf Scholtz has been heavily criticised for running away from Germany to Japan while the Bundestag debated this. It's fairly clear that he's against weapons deliveries, in faithful tradition with his predecessor Merkel who was mates with Putin.

The German political landscape is once and for all taking a heavy look at themselves and it seems to be largely powered by the young generations not wanting to sell their soul for gas.

Its the same story across Europe, the UK and the US. The only place you find equivocation over arming Ukraine is the far left and the far right. If Starmer took over the government tomorrow I wouldn't be worried we might change our policy. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

Its the same story across Europe, the UK and the US. The only place you find equivocation over arming Ukraine is the far left and the far right. If Starmer took over the government tomorrow I wouldn't be worried we might change our policy. 

A question for you mate, how many days of 'pushing' do you think Russia's army has in them before they run out of steam again like around Kyiv? It'll be interesting to see what happens once French/German/Swedish/British AA and long range artillery systems are deployed after the training period (France reporting in about a week's time for their systems).

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â