Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think Challanger 3 tanks are just massive upgrades to existing Challanger 2 tanks. Not a brand new tank. 

Challenger 2 chasis. Completely new turret and LOTS of other gizmos

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

So who's blowing up all these places in Russia. According to twitter (okay okay), there's been at least 8 sites hit so far. Special Ops, CIA??

Americans I reckon. It’ll be interesting if there’s any big acts of terrorism in the US soon. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Americans I reckon. It’ll be interesting if there’s any big acts of terrorism in the US soon. 

During the war in Iraq, SAS going out on night raids often wore US flag patches on their uniforms. When questioned by a US General as to why one Trooper replied, “someone has to get blamed.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Heated steering wheel? 

Random fact - British tanks have a BV, or boiling vessel, as standard, meaning our military actually specs a kettle as an important feature.

• Like 1

Just now, Chindie said:

Random fact - British tanks have a BV, or boiling vessel, as standard, meaning our military actually specs a kettle as an important feature.

The brew kit in a standard rat pack weighs more than the food IIRC.😀

3 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I don't think so. India have had several skirmishes along the border with China. That's being going on for quite a while. 

didn't realise how bad relations are between them. Only 2 years ago around 60 people killed in skirmishes between the 2

3 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

The brew kit in a standard rat pack weighs more than the food IIRC.😀

When the Brits landed on Gold/Juno/Sword beaches on D Day, the local civilians and German POWs were amazed to see than one of the first things they did was brew up tea. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

So who's blowing up all these places in Russia. According to twitter (okay okay), there's been at least 8 sites hit so far. Special Ops, CIA??

Right some is easily explainable. 5 of the sites were Army Recruiting offices. They were all seemingly set alight with Molotov cocktails by young Russian males. Why? Because the Spring Conscription Draft is about to take place (usually happens twice a year) and they don’t want to get blown to bits in Ukraine. It’s normally just a year of their life they lose not weeks to the end of their life.

Yesterdays fires were highly suspicious given the targets, I think there is a possibility of some sort of direct connection with Ukraine there. Todays however looked like so tyres on fire in a yard from what I could see

Also there was a train suspiciously derailed today near Belvogrod or wherever it was near to the Ukraine border. Again you’d think that may be sabotage 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

didn't realise how bad relations are between them. Only 2 years ago around 60 people killed in skirmishes between the 2

Yeah, quite a few killed on either side. I'm sure that was also the brawl between both sides with bats and axes etc that led to 50 plus deaths. India won't back down when it comes to territory that's for sure. 

Edited by avfc1982am

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Right some is easily explainable. 5 of the sites were Army Recruiting offices. They were all seemingly set alight with Molotov cocktails by young Russian males. Why? Because the Spring Conscription Draft is about to take place (usually happens twice a year) and they don’t want to get blown to bits in Ukraine. It’s normally just a year of their life they lose not weeks to the end of their life.

Yesterdays fires were highly suspicious given the targets, I think there is a possibility of some sort of direct connection with Ukraine there. Todays however looked like so tyres on fire in a yard from what I could see

Also there was a train suspiciously derailed today near Belvogrod or wherever it was near to the Ukraine border. Again you’d think that may be sabotage 

Good investigating. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

A little divine intervention, perhaps.. 

I think there’s a very sophisticated and well resourced sabotage campaign under way, but as you say that’s not connected to Russian kids torching recruitment offices.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

US inviting European allies to a meeting at a US base in Germany. I bet Olaf Scholtz is singing ‘under pressure’ in the shower this morning. Germany needs to step up and grow a spine.

Totally agree and don’t want to make excuses for them, but nevertheless Germany’s political, economic, and military assumptions (an entire worldview) just collapsed. It’s a system in shock and will take some time to reset, so no one should be relying on them for anything at the moment.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â