Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

To the victor the spoils.

Do we know who will be providing the LNG that the US government is promising to supply to Europe?

(And does it mean that Fortress energy will now finally be able to get their LNG port in Shannon built?)

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

29 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Not to dispute any of the actual substance, if there is any, but I made it 32 seconds into that before remembering that Russell Brand is an intolerable gobshite. Christ, that was hard work. 

I got to 45 seconds with his last video.

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Not to dispute any of the actual substance, if there is any, but I made it 32 seconds into that before remembering that Russell Brand is an intolerable gobshite. Christ, that was hard work. 

He appears to be wearing a bin bag. I gave up when he started on "The facts" and then just stated someone else's opinion that he was reading from a piece of paper. I then even went to Mint Press, the Data Analysis was a graph of Hawkish and Doveish opinions in a said journals, they provided a graph as "evidence."

Here's a snippet of what they consider hawkish opinions

Columnist Max Boot claimed that Putin “definitely wants to resurrect the Soviet empire.” Boot’s colleague at the Post, Henry Olsen, launched a bitter attack on Biden "for not being hawkish enough", describing the president as a weakling who is unfit to lead. Meanwhile, The Wall Street Journal took the opportunity to denounce the American left for focusing on non-existent U.S. imperialism when it should be uniting with Washington to combat imperialism in the only places it exists any more: Russia and China.

Then I read on and realised I was reading similar crap to a Stop The War Coalition press release

There was no "data analysis" just extremely skewed opinions to fit their narrative

I'm back to avoiding the dogshit

14 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

The rumour is that Kadyrov is actually keeping most of his best guys away from the front line precisely to avoid this, and they function more like a military police / secret police.

Yeah, they do this very well. Shooting at civilians, non military targets. Bums the lot of them. If they're is one element of the Russian forces that needs cleansing it's Kadyrov's troops. He's the chavviest leader in history and as such has no moral values that belong in normal society. 

12 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

shame on you for even giving it a go 

its Russell Brand , even clicking on it for purposes of "meet your village idiot " is unforgivable 

It was a charitable act, to save others the bother. I am selfless sometimes (Or it provided a distraction from dismantling the mancave before the electrician arrives first thing tomorrow)

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

To the victor the spoils.

Do we know who will be providing the LNG that the US government is promising to supply to Europe?

(And does it mean that Fortress energy will now finally be able to get their LNG port in Shannon built?)

Who'd have thunk it 

the small print is interesting ... it may be 15bn extra now , but the commitment is and "additional " 50 bcm annually guaranteed until 2030 (in your face Qatar and Australia)   .. but that increasing supply also requires info-structure and terminals to be built so its a big investment in a source we are supposed to be trying to wean countries away from

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

It was a charitable act, to save others the bother. I am selfless sometimes 

I used that excuse when MrsH found "lesbians wrestling in custard " in my browsing history 

32 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

For the love of God will someone shut this unwashed cockney turd that won’t flush up? Conspiracy bs.

Drugs are bad for you kids. 

Brand seems to be trying to crack America focusing on the Rogan, Alex Jones demographics, but with less right wing basis. Unfortunately it seems to be working.

Grifters gonna grift.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Brand seems to be trying to crack America focusing on the Rogan, Alex Jones demographics, but with less right wing basis. Unfortunately it seems to be working.

Grifters gonna grift.

That was my thought. Rogan has showed there is big money to be made. 

11 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Grifters gonna grift.

Suspect it's even worse - disappeared down a rabbit hole of spiritualism and conspiracism in order to escape his addictions, and genuinely believes all this crap.

• Like 2

Biden parking Air Force one 20 miles from the border to Ukraine does tell Putin something, but I wish he’d stop the incessant rambling. America needs someone who’s younger than 200 in charge, Democrat or Republican..

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Biden parking Air Force one 20 miles from the border to Ukraine does tell Putin something, but I wish he’d stop the incessant rambling. America needs someone who’s younger than 200 in charge, Democrat or Republican..

Seems that he and Macron are holding NATO back from providing more to Ukraine, while UK and Poland are at the other end of that scale - with a few (especially Germany) gratefully hiding behind Washington and Paris.

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Grifters gonna grift.

I watched the whole thing (RIP my YouTube algorithm).

It's all deeply stupid stuff,  but I'm not sure that it's working all that well given that most of the video seemed to be an advert for his UK tour.

A tour taking in such well-known hotspots as Stockton-on-Tees and Carlisle. Those ain't the venues booked by a performer on his way up in the world. 

Edited by ml1dch

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I was a big fan of Brand for a little while, from about 2008 until maybe 2011. I then was again not long after he became a Dad and his stand-up routine was about that. It was all very relatable. Sadly, I couldn't watch more than a few seconds of that video either. It's too full on.

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Suspect it's even worse - disappeared down a rabbit hole of spiritualism and conspiracism in order to escape his addictions, and genuinely believes all this crap.

This is the crux of it. It's more than likely another addiction, to be honest. He's got genuine issues, by his own admission, and spirituality helped him move away from the destructive vices like booze, sex and heroin. I suspect he's no addicted to enlightening the world or some such endeavour he can throw himself into.

He's actually a talented guy with a good heart, but all the other stuff completely dominates the good bits.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â