• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

34 minutes ago, Genie said:

What’s the difference between a regular missile and a defensive missile?

My guess is that you can classify anti-air and anti-tank missiles as defensive when they're given to a country defending themselves. In fact you can probably classify any weapons given to Ukraine as defensive right now, so I guess the label 'defensive' is a bit meh.

The Switchblade 600 drones should now be in full use by UA's special forces. By the looks of things they're going for Russia's command centres and logistics. The amount of ruined trucks and command vehicles should ramp up massively in the coming days.

Interestingly there's more food in the shelves in Kyiv shops than there are in Moscow ones. Good job Pootin.

15 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

My guess is that you can classify anti-air and anti-tank missiles as defensive when they're given to a country defending themselves. In fact you can probably classify any weapons given to Ukraine as defensive right now, so I guess the label 'defensive' is a bit meh.

I suspect they are just regular missiles for blowing shit up, just with a layer of PR applied. 

13 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Is this one of the most significant global addresses many of us will here in our lifetimes? Shit getting real!

Wow, such a strong statement. Giving Putin and China something to think about.

4 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Blackmail is the only card they have left. 

Well they’re going to be feeling the pressure soon, the net has nearly closed around at least a division’s worth of Russian soldiery.

759C4180-3D65-4284-AF6F-A85D5FED7A36.jpeg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Awol said:

Well they’re going to be feeling the pressure soon, the net has nearly closed around at least a division’s worth of Russian soldiery.

759C4180-3D65-4284-AF6F-A85D5FED7A36.jpeg

NATO estimates that this pocket has anything from 10-20k soldiers and a large part of the famous convoy. It'd literally take out 10-20% of Russia's active capability if Ukraine can get these troops to surrender. It'd also give Ukraine more equipment than NATO can deliver for weeks.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

NATO estimates that this pocket has anything from 10-20k soldiers and a large part of the famous convoy. It'd literally take out 10-20% of Russia's active capability if Ukraine can get these troops to surrender. It'd also give Ukraine more equipment than NATO can deliver for weeks.

Hopefully their command & control is so bad that those Russians at the southern end don’t realise the situation behind them until it’s too late. Even then they’ll likely try to breakout if cut-off (most Russians in there are Paras, they’re unlikely to surrender just because they’re surrounded) so Ukrainians will need to destroy a lot of their  equipment to prevent that.

Looking forward, that leaves a clear route north to Chernobyl, (not somewhere the world would like to see a battle - or Russia engineering a false-flag civil nuclear disaster in vengeance) then all the way back to Belarus.

Johnson said on his way into the NATO meeting today that the challenge is transitioning western support from a strategy of resistance (i.e. pre-supplying an insurgency) to one of defence (equipping Ukraine to win the conventional fight). That means all countries providing a lot more matériel in the short-term and going all-in on sanctions, despite the economic pain that causes to domestic constituencies. With France and Germany already backsliding that’s going to be a hard-sell - imo.

31 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

No expert, but there’s probably a world of difference between defending, and pushing the Russians back. Because at that point, it’s the Russians defending, and that attrition ratio we see wheeled out begins to apply in the opposite direction.

I guess the Russian logistics will only stand up for as long as they have credit on the stolen mobile phones they’re using. After that, they’ll be down to the old fashioned combination of motorbike messengers and BBC World Service.

Probably a better tactic for Ukraine to sit tight with this Russian bloc nicely pocketed but still needing to source food and munitions and being a drain on resources, rather than drive them back and have them pop up somewhere else.

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

No expert, but there’s probably a world of difference between defending, and pushing the Russians back. Because at that point, it’s the Russians defending, and that attrition ratio we see wheeled out begins to apply in the opposite direction.

I guess the Russian logistics will only stand up for as long as they have credit on the stolen mobile phones they’re using. After that, they’ll be down to the old fashioned combination of motorbike messengers and BBC World Service.

Probably a better tactic for Ukraine to sit tight with this Russian bloc nicely pocketed but still needing to source food and munitions and being a drain on resources, rather than drive them back and have them pop up somewhere else.

Best case, get them to surrender, round them up and put them in a POW camp for the time being.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

round them up and put them in a POW camp for the time being.

From what I've been reading, POWs are becoming a massive problem for Ukraine, they have more than they can handle

Just now, bickster said:

From what I've been reading, POWs are becoming a massive problem for Ukraine, they have more than they can handle

Is this something Poland or another neighbour could help with? 
I could understand why they wouldn’t be keen to help in this way.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â