Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

On ITV news just now they reported that some of the Russian POW taken today had equipment dated 1978. 

In fairness kit's age is neither here nor there. The greatest military power the world has ever known uses a plane that's not been produced since the 60s and will be used until it's nearly a hundred at current estimates, the B-52.

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

The rumblings on CNN seems to be that POW's captured in the retaking of suburbs around Kyiv have zero food left. Their rations are 1960's stuff and soldiers have gone 5-7 days without a meal. I guess it puts the request for field rations from China into perspective.

I honestly thought the top level stupidity of Russia's invasion-planning came to ahead in the first day when their elite paratroopers were torn to shreds by artillery, but I think not being able to feed your troops is Napoleon in Russia style bad.

Let's all hope for the wettest spring in living memory in Ukraine, I hope it turns into a mud hole until mid May. That'll make the dugouts that the Russians have made for their artillery into pits that they won't get the gear out of.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Is this one of the most significant global addresses many of us will here in our lifetimes? Shit getting real!

Calling out China too, strong statements there from NATO. Its a mental time, life is wierd.

All I know is War wont determine who’s right, but simply who’s left.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Apparently Russia want to host the 2028 or 2032 Euros and are preparing a formal bid/application.

They're literally trolling the world.

Why? With the record of sports associations enabling sportswashing I would think they're a shoe in. 

17 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

War wont determine who’s right, but simply who’s left.

neat quote!!!!

Based on a Bertrand Russell quote ...  has to be good.

Edited by fruitvilla
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Genie said:

On ITV news just now they reported that some of the Russian POW taken today had equipment dated 1978. 

Must be going poorly if they are dipping into the modern stuff already.

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I knew spam was long-lasting, but that's impressive . . .

They dream of spam mate .   A Russian  ration pack consists of mostly plain biscuits and brains and that's what they give to their top soldiers .

• Like 1

Russian diplomat: If NATO threatens us we have the right to press the nuclear button

Dmitry Polyanskiy, one of Russia's top diplomats in the United States, spoke to Sky News after Vladimir Putin's spokesman said his boss could push the nuclear button if the country feels it is facing an "existential" threat.

Asked if Putin was right to hold the prospect of nuclear war over the rest of the world, Mr Polyanskiy said: "If Russia is provoked by NATO, if Russia is attacked by NATO, why not, we are a nuclear power.

"I don't think it's the right thing to be saying. But it's not the right thing to threaten Russia, and to try to interfere. So when you're dealing with a nuclear power, of course, you have to calculate all the possible outcomes of your behaviour

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â