Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Next thing you know they'll be sitting miles apart from each other at a stupidly large table, with Putin shouting at them whilst they visible tremble. 

Now you're just being ridiculous.

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Not sure if this has been seen here yet. Obviously its a very wild claim but there is some corroboration with deaths of senior officers and NCOs being confirmed in their local Russian newspaer including the commander of the unit (Colonel) and the deputy commander (captain)

The regiment is considered to be one of Russia's elite units

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not sure if this has been seen here yet. Obviously its a very wild claim but there is some corroboration with deaths of senior officers and NCOs being confirmed in their local Russian newspaer including the commander of the unit (Colonel) and the deputy commander (captain)

The regiment is considered to be one of Russia's elite units

Rumour is that this was the proverbial ‘tip of the spear’ trying to take Hostomel on day one, where the Ukrainians took down several helos and unleashed artillery right in the landing zone. I don’t think anyone got out tbh.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Just came across a twitter account with tonnes of videos showing what the apparent ukrainian azov neo nazi’s have been doing. Check out this thread, Make up your own mind.

Hide contents

Some of this is chilling, some of it is from the first days of the war when Ukraine stopped several Russian saboteurs, some of it has clear Russian posters in the back and in some cases it looks fake. It’s probably a merry mix of Russian propaganda, neo nazis and saboteurs being apprehended.

• Thanks 1

There's also this one

Russian Black Sea Fleet commander 'shot dead by Ukrainians' in battle for Mariupol

Andrey Paliy is the sixth top military figure to die during the invasion

Torygraph

Second in command of the entire Black Sea Fleet. Shot leading troops into battle around Mariupol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Just came across a twitter account with tonnes of videos showing what the apparent ukrainian azov neo nazi’s have been doing. Check out this thread, Make up your own mind.

Hide contents

Interesting account “Juan” of Glasgow is running there. Every post is attacking either the Zelensky Government, the Ukrainian military or Ukrainian society. Meanwhile, Russia shells Mariupol with thermobaric rocket artillery. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

That's sure to keep the resistance on track and make sure the Russian efforts go off the rails and hit the buffers. They're probably sleeper agents. 

Happy now?

I'm not going to steam into this one. 

If people still think Zelensky was unclear:

Every hour Russia bombs civilians, loses troops and exhausts its arsenal Ukraine gets one step closer to winning this war. 

Also 

Russia has 190-something nations that were once repressed by the state. It’s only a matter of time before these groups get tired of losing their young in a war for nothing. My guess is Chechnya once enough Kadyrovites die in Ukraine, then Dagestan, Karelia, various Muslim areas and the pro western areas of Moscow and St. Petersburg.

I've been keeping an eye on that Ukraine Weapons Tracker twitter page and what amazes me is the amount of Russian kit the Ukrainian army (and farmers) are capturing that are in pristine condition. This suggests to me that the Russians are having a lot of trouble with desertions. They seem to be just leaving their kit and doing a runner. 

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

On a purely practical level Mariupol is tying up a lot of Russian manpower, logistics and effort, so its fall will allow those resources to be redeployed for other operations - obviously bad news for the wider Ukrainian resistance.

As worrying is the imminent entry of the Belarusian armed forces to open a new front in the North West. I don’t think Biden has the stomach for it but those units could be rendered combat ineffective pretty quickly by western forces, at very little direct risk to themselves (using unnamed systems) and without killing Russians. We could even just lie as Moscow does and say that they’re Ukrainian drones, or that the Russians are attacking Belarusian forces.

It’s an escalation on our part in response to Russia’s widening of the war, but I’m worried that total western inaction will stretch Ukrainian forces beyond endurance and signal to Putin he has a totally free hand. Russia is struggling as it is, I don’t think Putin’s generals have the capability to seriously threaten NATO conventionally right now, even if he wanted to.  

Russia is clearly going to massacre Mariupol, it’s time to impose some real but calibrated costs for that behaviour. Knocking the guts out of whatever Belarus sends and fermenting a revolution in Minsk will give Putin something to think about. 

• Like 1

What's tragic is the reports of Russia literally people trafficking people from Mariupol back to Russia and God knows where from there. 

Sinister in the extreme. We're going to bomb your home to non existence, kill most of your family and friends and then steal you away to an unknown future with us. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â