Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

8 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

That's quite staggering. Would also be interesting to know how they're holding POW's. Whether these are in a normal Ukraine prison or held elsewhere were there is no chance of them breaking out or being freed. I mean, they must have as many prisoners as those they've killed. I know they emptied their prisons so they're probably kept in these facilities but a huge risk if your under siege across the Country. 

Tents on the roofs of Maternity Hospitals would be one place they could keep them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Another mayor abducted :(

Russian forces have abducted the mayor of the southern city of Dniprorudne, Ukraine's Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba says.

Yevhen Matveyev would be the second Ukrainian mayor allegedly abducted by advancing Russian troops in the past three days, after the mayor of nearby Melitopol was reportedly detained on Friday.

BBC News

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

Mic drop

Not just academics, shills and charlatans too

Farage, Banks, Galloway, Milne, there's a whole bunch of them on the left and the right that don't even have the right to be called academics or intellectuals. Putin Shills the lot of them and all the people directly connected with them that enabled them. Tory donors doesn't even scratch the surface of the problem. Farage is still being given a platform by (K)GB News, Galloway is still spouting absolute nonsense, Seumas Milne does at least seem to have disappeared up his own arse but they are still out there

55 minutes ago, trekka said:

If you are bored then read the comments where some people argue it’s photoshopped and then someone even created their own experiment at home 

gotta love the internet at times 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

What’s the BTG? 

Battalion tactical group (I think )

edit  and so does Trekka :) 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

Manpads, to my knowledge, is a term for a category of weapon. They are man-portable air defence systems - basically shoulder carried and launched guided anti-aircraft missiles. Stingers are manpads, for example. I guess whatever the Polish system is actually called, it’s probably easier to pronounce the generic “Manpads” than the polish word, for the non-polish speaker.

It's not even that it's not pronounceable

Shoulder-Launched Thunderbolts

The Grom (“Thunder”) is a heat-seeking man portable air defense system (MANPADS) based on the Soviet second-generation 9K38 Igla-missile (SA-18 Grouse) developed shortly after Poland’s exit from the Warsaw Pact in the 1990s. While first-generation MANPADS like the SA-7 and Redeye could only engage aircraft from specific angles and were easily decoyed by flares, the second-generation Igla and U.S. Stinger remained effective against faster jets approaching even head-on, and could better distinguish flare decoys from an aircraft’s heat signature.

Polish firms were denied a license to produce Iglas, so Polish spies acquired floppy disks full of design data that informed the Polish Igla spinoff, which debuted in Polish military service in 1995. 90s-era Grom launchers still relied on components imported from Russia, but Grom-2s produced after 2004 use entirely indigenous components.

Defense Minister Mariusz B tweeted Tuesday that Ukraine would receive the latest Grom-M model, the Pioroun (“Thunderbolt”) built by Mesko. This features a new rocket motor and more sensitive seeker enabling increased engagement range and ceiling, enhanced discrimination of decoys, night-firing capability using an additional thermal sight, and a new, heavier 4-pound proximity-fused warhead.

A single person peering through a cooled infrared sight operates the bazooka-like weapon, which weighs 36 pounds loaded. At launch, a 72-millimeter diameter heat-seeking missile accelerates to nearly twice the speed of sound (Mach 1.9), and can intercept aircraft approaching at low supersonic speeds (Mach 1.16, or 400 meter/second) out to a range of 4 miles (6.5 kilometers) and a maximum altitude of 13,000 feet. It can also tag aircraft flying away at up 320 meters/second.

19fortyfive.com

1 minute ago, bickster said:

It's not even that it's not pronounceable

19fortyfive.com

The point was that getting their hands on this relatively new equipment, rather than first generation stingers is huge. It can take down most (if not all) Russian attack aircraft. It'll make West Ukraine an unpleasant place for planes.

I do realise that Ukrain is not a NATO country and I realise why NATO cant just butt in to someone elses war but there are acouple of things that I dont understand,maybe somone can explain to me the following.

1 - IMHO the west will have to fight Russia,the only question is,now or later.

2 - IMHO the west is letting Putin call all the shots,eg " A no -fly zone is an act of war " (so atacking Ukrain is not ?! )

3- Why does not the west take a stronger stand against that dipstick ?eg assination,more and better weapons,the latest planes.

4 - IMHO surley the west could see that the Russians are really poor fighters,I mean they still have not taken Kiev and this is supposed to be "The Russian army" fighting a bunch of unprepared,smaller army,and civilians.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

@bicksterlooks like confirmation that NATO people have been training and assisting Ukrainians just inside the Ukraine border, hence the unexpected Russian missile attack in the west

Yes I saw that but there was no confirmation that it was currently happening that I could see

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â