Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

7 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

The amount of footage we get from bodycams of extremely potent Ukranian fighters in this war just shows how hopeless it is for Russia to go in with massive armoured columns. Here's a RPG-7 (Russian/Soviet made) taking out two tanks in two shots. 

The Ukranian army has more balls than NATO/Russia combined. Who the hell hits something at that range with a RPG?

Fair play to them boys, hard-core to the end!

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

If Putin becomes the scapegoat for Russia to exit this crisis (a non-trivial possibility), then Lukashenko in Belarus will be toppled the following day. Most Belarusians (like most Ukrainians) look west not east as a model for their future, and only Russian backed election fraud and brutality enabled him to remain President last year. 

So much is in the balance right now, it’s the biggest moment for geopolitical change in post-Cold War Europe. 

Edited by Awol
  • Like 2

Once the Swedish (Carl Gustaf) and German (Panzerfaust 3) start arriving at the front, along with the UK nLAWS and US Javelins, anything on wheels or belts will essentially be a coffin everywhere except for open landscapes.

The Carl Gustaf and Panzerfaust 3 are laser sight aimed, so as long as you aim at the tank the missile will hit.

Edited by magnkarl

51 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The main emotion is the willingness to help with refugees, more than fear of invasion tbh.

Rule Britannia

tenor.gif

When even an Georgian ex-defense minister is carrying a Barrett M-99 into the fight, you know Russia is struggling.. Putin has brought more unity to the world than anyone can imagine.

Just now, HKP90 said:

According to ratings agencies, Russia is very close to debt default. 

I expect Russia to move more and more toward 'settling' for the Donbas,  with condition that some sanctions be relaxed.

What about the war crimes charges? 

5 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Call me cynical, but I doubt that Putin would engage with any proceedings. 

But would he try and negotiate them away, or just ignore them (and presumably never leave Russia again)?

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

But would he try and negotiate them away, or just ignore them (and presumably never leave Russia again)?

I suspect the latter. He will try to de-legitimise the charges, despite Russia being a signatory to the international court of justice (and having a Member as Vice President of the court!).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

He can't get past his table now?

There are all kinds of theories about the 'big table', and why he has been so scared of covid. One is that he is very ill, and taking medication which makes him particularly vulnerable. Absolutely unverifiable of course, but we can hope! For once Covid could do the world a favour.

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

According to ratings agencies, Russia is very close to debt default. 

I expect Russia to move more and more toward 'settling' for the Donbas,  with condition that some sanctions be relaxed.

And if I were Ukraine I would only settle for keeping the whole country plus getting EU and NATO membership.  This must be the best opportunity of getting rid of Putin they/we will ever get and hopefully Russia will eventually become a proper democracy.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

And if I were Ukraine I would only settle for keeping the whole country plus getting EU and NATO membership.  This must be the best opportunity of getting rid of Putin they/we will ever get and hopefully Russia will eventually become a proper democracy.

Yep, if a deal is done now everyone will be forever waiting for Putin to come back more prepared for another crack.
Time to get rid of him for European / worldwide security.

Thing is Russia can't negotiate with Ukraine over the relaxing of sanctions, other than on Ukrainian sanctions.

They can only negotiate the cessation of hostilities.  After that they need to negotiate with USA, UK, EU and whoever else about their sanctions, and there are no guarantees about that.  I think The west will want to teach Russia a lesson.  I can't see them reducing current sanction levels, not in the short term anyway.

53 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I suspect the latter. He will try to de-legitimise the charges, despite Russia being a signatory to the international court of justice (and having a Member as Vice President of the court!).

The funniest thing about this would be America trying to take the high ground.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â