Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Oversimplications galore 

But ok 👍

There is nothing simpler than pointing at stuff and saying “we should have done it differently” and then not explaining what this different scenario would have involved.

Bear in mind there were massive diplomatic efforts to prevent this. The French and Germans only switched over to a war footing very late in the day.

Putin has never laid out a vision for a peaceful settlement that would ever be remotely acceptable to the Ukrainians.

What do you think should have been done differently to prevent the bloodshed?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well most importantly, you can increase the font and place the " I feel " in quotation marks from your quote selection.

Staying as a neutral nation, for now at least, is widely thought to have been the best/safest option, by people who aren't drowned out by the noise.

Which then leads to the circular " But as a sovereign nation, they should be able to do as they please ". Yes, we all know that, just as someone in North Korea or Saudi Arabia probably knows that it is their human right to freely express themselves.

Try to downplay the notion because it doesn't suit your current agenda, but the fact that NATO/USA etc haven't directly gone in militarily, is because they are trying to be safe and not escalate the conflict ain't it? Or is playing it safe and making certain concessions for the greater good not a concept which makes sense to you?

I could also be totally wrong though, obviously the ideas you subscribe to with regards to this, are achievening brilliant results for Ukrainians so far 🙃

Lets rally behind some more " brave " civilians to pick up arms ( essentially making them fair game soldiers at war, no longer civilians ) and send them to their deaths, and commend them for their bravery.

Aside from that, not interested in having any more little bitch fights about this with you. 

Cheers

Long post that says nothing. You could be a politician.

• Like 1

It seems to me that Putin is the only one really calling the shots,he considers taking action over air-space as an act of war.

If that is the case,then can anyone tell me what is attaking Ukrain an act of.............. Kindness

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

It seems to me that Putin is the only one really calling the shots,he considers taking action over air-space as an act of war.

If that is the case,then can anyone tell me what is attaking Ukrain an act of.............. Kindness

Liberation from neo nazis. No joke. 

Outside of Football talk, this must be where cultural differences/nationalities and/or backgrounds REALLY come to the fore or something.

This is probably why people are advised to not speak about politics or religion, with multicultural mates, for a peaceful life .

People seem to feel any opinion which doesn't go along with theirs, is either " trolling " " ignorance " or a " lack of knowledge ".

If I was actually thick, some of the gibes and condescending comments ( which actually just show frustration, or lack of  ability to view certain things objectively ) I'd happily clap away and go back into my cave.

I made multiple disclaimers upon entry into the thread. Alot of the responses and tones, have been quite predictable. My favourite elements at play here are the selective framing of some of my posts. 

Then again, I should know that walking into a room with unpopular opinions never goes down well.

Take solace from the fact that, people don't usually like debating me in real life either.  Lol

I'm not trying to fall out with my beloved Villa Tallkers FYI. Just putting my views in.

Back to the Footie threads I go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Outside of Football talk, this must be where cultural differences/nationalities and/or backgrounds come to the fore or something.

This is probably why people are advised to not speak about politics or religion, with multicultural mates, for a peaceful life .

People seem to feel any opinion which doesn't go along with theirs, is either " trolling " " ignorance " or a " lack of knowledge ".

If I was actually thick, some of the gibes and condescending comments ( which actually just show frustration, or lack of  ability to view certain things objectively ) I'd happily clap away and go back into my cave.

I made multiple disclaimers upon entry into the thread. Alot of the responses and tones, have been quite predictable. My favourite elements at play here are the selective framing of some of my posts. 

Then again, I should know that walking into a room with unpopular opinions never goes down well.

Take solace from the fact that, people don't usually like debating me in real life either.  Lol

I think you’re a top VT poster and I understand why you have misgivings about NATO, why you want a more peaceful outcome that doesn’t involve ordinary civilians fighting for their lives, etc

But I just don’t think you’ve put forward a plausible scenario. Words like “neutrality” and “diplomacy” are great, but what do they mean concretely in terms of actions? What do you think could / should have been done differently? You haven’t explained.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

So,he is actually doing the rest of the world a favour then

I can't tell if you're being serious.  If so, you really need to see the real news of what is happening and why. 

38 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well most importantly, you can increase the font and place the " I feel " in quotation marks from your quote selection.

The I feel was an irrelevance, we know it's your opinion, it doesn't need qualifying, I quoted the important part

1 hour ago, Genie said:

If we’re gonna give it the big ‘en then we’ll need the US to back us up, and thanks to Boris that relationship is not what it was.

I also heard that thanks to Boris our relationships with the Marmydons and the people of Splatticon five aren’t all that great either 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Staying as a neutral nation, for now at least, is widely thought to have been the best/safest option, by people who aren't drowned out by the noise.

Russia invading Ukraine is releated to supposed NATO expansion (or it was until it was about de-Nazification :ph34r:)

As a member of NATO, it is almost impossible for the UK to remain neutral, like it or not, we have to be involved

It's nothing to do with being drowned in noise, it's more about having a slight understanding about the international relations that are at play here.

Neutrality isn't really an option that we have

Just now, bickster said:

Russia invading Ukraine is releated to supposed NATO expansion (or it was until it was about de-Nazification :ph34r:)

As a member of NATO, it is almost impossible for the UK to remain neutral, like it or not, we have to be involved

It's nothing to do with being drowned in noise, it's more about having a slight understanding about the international relations that are at play here.

Neutrality isn't really an option that we have

I think he means Ukraine should have looked to stay neutral and not write into their constitution that they would join NATO. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Outside of Football talk, this must be where cultural differences/nationalities and/or backgrounds REALLY come to the fore or something.

I'm not trying to fall out with my beloved Villa Tallkers FYI. Just putting my views in.

My issue with your posts in this thread is you hint at things but don't say anything, don't provide links. I prefer to deal in or read facts.

You can have a different opinion of course, but don't speak in code, otherwise you are skirting around conspiracy theory territory.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I also heard that thanks to Boris our relationships with the Marmydons and the people of Splatticon five aren’t all that great either 

Time to send in Baldrick

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â