Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

7 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

If Putin/Russia get found guilty of war crimes what happens? Would he get arrested if he ever left Russia? I would assume he has diplomatic immunity in other countries

He can't and no-one else from there can leave for the foreseeable future.

His money and power are in Russia.

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

We all have limits and I was sort of ok until I saw the kids with Cancer in the basement and stuff.  Like how hard can life be for them.

I get overly upset as I cant control emotions for various reasons sometimes.

I'm with you. It's heartbreaking.

I'm at the stage now where I think all these sanction mean shit. The only thing that actually is 100% true in all this are that innocent people, including children are being murdered and nobody is doing shit because the bully said so. The Ukrainian theatre of War has become the coliseum for the plebs to witness death and murder whilst eating their bread in safety. 

The west pick and choose which under developed countries which to attack and then when the real dog comes along they scurry back into their homes crying about civility and care for the innocent. 

I have serious doubt as to whether he truly has the balls to go nuclear and think hes a bluffer. Why would you go to war knowing you'll come out of it with the arse end of nothing. That doesn't make sense.  If I was the West I'd call his bluff. Give the Russians a period of notice before NATO/UN or the rest of the world(I don't give a shit) go into Ukraine and create a corridor for people to leave. No air cover, just impartial troops ensuring the safe evacuation for those that want to leave.  

Edited by avfc1982am

Russia has been a part of the last couple of decades where the world has evolved in tech and consumerism and their people will not want to become North Korea - but that is where their leader is dragging them, with no regard to their wants and needs. It might take a while, but I can see Putin being phased out, albeit once Ukraine is conquered - will take a while though. There'll be no justice for this war though, that's life.

2 hours ago, sne said:

Onto Odessa next apparently. Anyone starting to feel that massive column outside Kiev is partly a distraction.

There’s a more banal but highly consequential explanation for at least part of the problem. Tires. Worth a read:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

There’s a more banal but highly consequential explanation for at least part of the problem. Tires. Worth a read:

Yeah no doubt they also have massive issues. 

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

Oh the irony, given how things unfolded for the nazis when they invaded Russia. It’s true. Nobody learns anything from history.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

BMW having major issues as a result of this invasion. They are about to shut factories all across Europe (which will cost hundreds of millions / billions).

Whatever will we do without millions of BMW’s on the road………

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Quite.

I was more hinting that there will be more pressure from the Germans, and that they will not be the only major business that is going to go back onto life support.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Seems utter proof that Russia is full of rocket polishers

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Seems utter proof that Russia is full of rocket polishers

The problem is key suppliers in Ukraine not supplying much at the minute.

There’s several in Poland but right on the border that are touch and go whether they’ll stay open.

Edited by Genie

US Ambassador at the UN Linda Thomas-Greenfield getting a lot of well deserved criticism for her remarks that Russia are threatening to invade Finland and Sweden yesterday.

There is a reason (a couple reasons) why the people in Sweden and Finland have always been against joining NATO, and this kinda showed why. Always feel like the US are desperate for war and escalating things.

Might be turning now with more and more political parties pushing for us to join. Would be extraordinary since Sweden has long had our own version of "neutral"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

The problem is key suppliers in Ukraine not supplying much at the minute.

Poor business planning then.

Big business are learning some harsh lessons in supply chain resilience with the semiconductor crisis and this.  Which is daft because they should pay attention to that anyway.

35 minutes ago, Genie said:

BMW having major issues as a result of this invasion. They are about to shut factories all across Europe (which will cost hundreds of millions / billions).

not just BMW  , there are 49 production sites in Russia and Ukraine that serve the German car industry  , VW and Porsche are also affected , though as nobody ever aspired to drive a VW , I don't suppose the effect on them will be felt as much.

BMW China and America use different suppliers , don't know if that means they will re-route the supply chain 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â