Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

and I think both of Abramovich parents are from Ukraine

He introduced Putin to Yeltsin and funds his election campaigns, what's your point?

Putin treats him like a son, he used to have a flat inside the Kremlin (may still have for all I know)

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

Big PR exercise from Roman going on here. I think somebody wants to carry on living in London.

He's selling his entire London property portfolio. Strange way to go about staying in London...

I've just watched a video of a troop from the Russian side that were captured. I don't think it's acceptable to share such things (though I see why they have on this occasion), they asked every single one of them how they got to be fighting in Ukraine. None of them were particularly young. All bar one had no military experience whatsoever, the one who had military experience said he was a garage mechanic in the paratroopers for one year. Another was a truck driver in a coal mine, the rest were mainly in education, A French teacher, a Russian teacher, an IT teacher and a kid that was exempted military service and was a youth group arts project leader and a school caretaker. They were just told to pack their bags last Saturday by their bosses and to report for 3 to 5 days "military training." They were too scared for their jobs to refuse

And here's the kicker, they were all from the eastern part of Ukraine

They were literally sent out to die with no training

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

He introduced Putin to Yeltsin and funds his election campaigns, what's your point?

Putin treats him like a son, he used to have a flat inside the Kremlin (may still have for all I know)

Surely Putin wouldn't be happy with him giving all the proceeds of the sale to the Ukrainians.

34 minutes ago, Genie said:

Big PR exercise from Roman going on here. I think somebody wants to carry on living in London.

He lives in Israel. He got his right to reside revoked a couple of years or so back, IIRC.

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

But we know what happens to people who disrespect Putin.

He's supposedly donating to help the victims and the rebuilding. I'm guessing he means the rebuilding after Russia has taken over Ukraine and possibly the victims on both sides

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Putin is a monster. An absolute monster of a man

He needs to get out more. All that covid isolation has got him in a right mardy mood, by the looks of things. He’s really been quite naughty.  Needs his toys confiscated.

• Haha 1

Just now, sne said:

Moldova and Georgia both applying for EU membership asap as of today.

Genuine question, would that make a difference to them being invaded? Is it not Nato they need to be in? 

(I think the EU is great though, so fair play to them!)

1 minute ago, sne said:

Moldova and Georgia both applying for EU membership asap as of today.

I can see why but it doesn’t really address the problem. 
Putin needs to be dealt with if he’s destabilising the entire region.

Observations from today 

1. With every passing day things seem to get more bleak

2. Lyse Doucet is amazing

3. Hearing Vitali Klitschko saying he sometimes has to go to the “boonker”makes me laugh every time it comes on the news. 

Is there anything morally wrong with a global gofundme bounty on Putin?  There would be £billions to the successful recipient, and they'd be one of a small number of billionaires that did something good to gain their fortune.

2 minutes ago, Adman said:

Is there anything morally wrong with a global gofundme bounty on Putin?  There would be £billions to the successful recipient, and they'd be one of a small number of billionaires that did something good to gain their fortune.

Nobody would be able to get near him. It would need to be an inside job.

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

He's supposedly donating to help the victims and the rebuilding. I'm guessing he means the rebuilding after Russia has taken over Ukraine and possibly the victims on both sides

Yep, that's how I read it. 

Oligarchs told to liquidate their western assets to pay for the rebuilding of the new Russian state of Ukraine after their Military have flattened it. 

Best news of today? Russia has admitted on tv that they’re suffering losses. The number is massively understated but they’re admitting it.

Turkey has also delivered more drones which has so far wrecked many of Russia’s plans. 50 of these are reportedly in the country ready to attack i.e the roadblock that Putin has made for himself.

Furthermore the people of Ukraine are resisting the occupiers without weapons if they don’t have any. It appears that Russian soldiers are having a hard time killing people for sport.

The flight radars are showing massive cargo planes touching down in Poland and Romania essentially every 15 or so minutes. That’s a lot of support to feed into a potential attack on the massive column. Slava Ukraina!

2 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Abramovich selling Chelsea. And while I assume the below section is a massive lie, commendable if there is any truth in it all. Then again, he doesn't say the victims of which side he's planning on helping. 

Cynical view from me here, isn't he just selling before his assets get froze so Chelsea don't get frozen too. Would be amusing if another Saudi group got em. Out of the shit into the shite. 

5 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Best news of today? Russia has admitted on tv that they’re suffering losses. The number is massively understated but they’re admitting it.

Turkey has also delivered more drones which has so far wrecked many of Russia’s plans. 50 of these are reportedly in the country ready to attack i.e the roadblock that Putin has made for himself.

Furthermore the people of Ukraine are resisting the occupiers without weapons if they don’t have any. It appears that Russian soldiers are having a hard time killing people for sport.

The flight radars are showing massive cargo planes touching down in Poland and Romania essentially every 15 or so minutes. That’s a lot of support to feed into a potential attack on the massive column. Slava Ukraina!

We should send them all the drones 👍 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â