Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I don't think I've ever wanted anything so much in my life as a coup to be held in Russia and for Putin to be handed over for war Crime trials at The Hague.

Quite passive actually, I’m hoping they hang him from a lamppost by his ankles screaming and give him a jolly old halal send off. 

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The other thing Governments need to do is invest a shit load in anti ICBM systems.  it is surely not beyond the wit of man to invent something effective.  Need to neutralise this threat for once an for all.  Maybe Reagan had something with his star wars plan.

Actually no.

Because then it becomes feasible to win a nuclear war. It would have the opposite effect of what it first appears.

51 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Twitter's algorithms create an echo chamber of news headlines. If you start putting in some other search terms from a Russian friendly perspective you start seeing a whole different picture of this war. 

The Russia situation aside, I'm always  puzzled that people continue to use the twitter app, rather than tweetdeck. It is owned by twitter, but gives you the full twitter experience, specifically tweets in real time order, rather than some bloody algorithm. You can add columns for hashtags, searches, lists etc. Go to tweetdeck.com and log in using your twitter credentials. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Anthony said:

The Russia situation aside, I'm always  puzzled that people continue to use the twitter app, rather than tweetdeck. It is owned by twitter, but gives you the full twitter experience, specifically tweets in real time order, rather than some bloody algorithm. You can add columns for hashtags, searches, lists etc. Go to tweetdeck.com and log in using your twitter credentials. 

You can view tweets in real time on the Twitter app. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I don't think I've ever wanted anything so much in my life as a coup to be held in Russia and for Putin to be handed over for war Crime trials at The Hague.

I think I'd prefer it if he ended up like Caecescu.

10 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Turkey has delivered another 50 drones today along with 500 'refills' - whatever that means? (I guess armaments for the drones) (France 24).

That isn't a lot, they carry 4 per sortie

3 minutes ago, Anthony said:

I've used it for years at work

That Russian clown spewing more rubbish at the United Nations meeting. 

Are they all really that scared of Putin, that they will just repeat his rehtoric? You can tell all of them are following a script, as everytime one of his cronies speak, they mutter and stutter so much. If you truly believed in something, you'd be able to reel that off without stopping once. Watch the difference when a Ukranian talks, you can see the passion, the belief in what they say. These Russian shills are nothing but puppets to Putin and he would dipose of any of them if they even looked at his ugly face the wrong way. 

As for Biden... Jesus wept, part of me feels sorry for him as he's basically an old goat and I couldn't imagine my Granddad doing what he is at his age, but then I think he is a puppet to shoe horn Harris into the White House. 

42 minutes ago, Xann said:

Did we manage to sort out our own satellite debacle?

Don't worry, it's all in the safe hands of the conservative government.

So, er, no. No way near. Another Brexit self inflicted casualty. From being a leader in the Galileo programme with the EU, to spaffing funds on an unsuitable (and at the time, bankrupt) "One Web" US company that had plans for an internet enabling set of satellites that operate at the wrong orbit (LEO instead of MEO - just for @TheAuthority, those TLAs  😜) for Navigation.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

UN vote overwhelming but which 5 idiot countries, obviously Russia is one, voted against?!

I don't know, but Belarus, Syria, North Korea, Mexico, Cuba, Some Latin American places? or maybe somewhere bunged a few promises would be high on my list - the usual suspects, basically?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Awol said:

If that’s the case I hope they are called out by every journalist and non-payroll politician in the land. I guess we’ll know the truth of it soon enough 

Starmer and other Labour MPs (and a Tory) did so very effectively today in Parliament. Hope it gets good media coverage (probably a forlorn hope).

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â