Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Seems like they work too.

A recipe distributed by the Ukrainian Government themselves.  The footage I saw on Sky News was of young, smiling people, openly preparing them outside.

Edited by trekka

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Seems like they work too.

Do you post any old shit? thats a proven fake. It's ancient. Can you fact check things BEFORE you post them. It's so fake I knew without even watching it as I recognise the opening still image

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, sidcow said:

When I was in Cyprus a couple of years ago the locals were very resentful of all the Russian influence and thought them all extremely rude. I suspect a few in power are benefiting from it but the general populace not liking it at all. 

They are also resentful towards british cyrpiots too. The fact is though cyprus economy relies heavily on tourism. The people spending money over there and buying big properties are mainly russians. If it wasnt was the ruddian monwy the cypriot economy would be in tatters. Anastasiades has a very close relationship with Putin. Whether they in EU or not i doubt he would back against putin.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

They are also resentful towards british cyrpiots too. The fact is though cyprus economy relies heavily on tourism. The people spending money over there and buying big properties are mainly russians. If it wasnt was the ruddian monwy the cypriot economy would be in tatters. Anastasiades has a very close relationship with Putin. Whether they in EU or not i doubt he would back against putin.

Puti is becoming more and more isolated, you back who you think will win in these situations. If China are backing away from supporting Putin then that sends a very loud message

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Awol said:

If true this could be significant. Russian military thinking isn’t great at improvisation because mental independence can get you shot. If the plan is failing badly then adjusting on the move won’t be easy, especially if the logistics isn’t in place to support an extended campaign - and what there is gets blown to bits with Javelins.

3-4 days? Didn't it take the Americans about 3 days to practically level Fallujah with the ground to take it?

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Puti is becoming more and more isolated, you back who you think will win in these situations. If China are backing away from supporting Putin then that sends a very loud message

Are china actually backing away or just on the fence? Or waiting to see how it pans out?

It wouldnt suprise me if Anastasiades is on the phone to putin today trying to weasel his way out of it if this is true.

32 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Much more informed than me! same with @Awol @bannedfromHandV @blandy and so on, it’s a good read especially without some of the bickering that we’re used to on here 😁

Thanks man but honestly I know next to nothing about it, just voicing opinions based on what I’m seeing and hearing, far more educated folks in here than I.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You're taking this at face value, and when doing that, it seems outrageous, if it wasn't someone lying to take advantage of this crisis for political gain. It's true that the usual visa route isn't available. Because the Russians were sieging the city the visa centre was in. People weren't so kjeen to stick around and file paperwork when missiles started flying.

People can follow the usual asylum process (and there are a lot of problems with our asylum process), apply for visas from outside of Ukraine, and we've also automatically extended existing Ukrainian visas. It's not perfect, but Bella Sankey is either a liar or a moron. Or possibly both.

Haven't Ireland (and others) just removed the need for a visa for Ukrainian citizens? 

What's the problem with the UK doing that as well?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I wonder what the users on here who have been bigging up Putin’s army think now? The US would wipe the floor with this army.

Just like they did in Iraq and Afghanistan?

37 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Even if they manage to 'take' Ukraine, the resistance will be massive and they won't be able to hold it.

How can you hold a country of people who hate you, when they look and sound like you?

In Putins plan it was not to meet this much resistance. It was to quickly win the war and capture the Kyiv government. Then he could install his own. He thought then the reistance would be like Belarus as protests. 

What he's got is much more determined resistance and an armed insurgency. To take the cities will be a bloodbath on both sides and the hatred from the people of Ukraine will be long lasting and the insurgency will go on. 

Russian army will be needed to hold Ukraine and they will be targeted by the insurgency. We've seen what this looks like most recently in Iraq but on a wider scale

• Like 1

Just now, ml1dch said:

Haven't Ireland (and others) just removed the need for a visa for Ukrainian citizens? 

What's the problem with the UK doing that as well?

Because sadly, opening the floodgates can be dangerous for our own national security, if you could guarantee that every person who wanted to relocate here did so with good intentions it wouldn’t be an issue but you know, bad people like to take advantage of bad situations.

2 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

Missed Germany changing their minds. Just overrule Hungary now and do it.

France 24 reporting Hungary have now agreed with blocking Russian access to Swift

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Turns out javelins and stingers are extremely effective against Russian airships, tanks and armoured columns. Russia has exhausted a lot of its special forces without the columns behind being able to connect with them. Ukraine are defending themselves masterfully.

6 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I wonder what the users on here who have been bigging up Putin’s army think now? The US would wipe the floor with this army.

There are plenty of stories that Russia has sent in very inexperienced troops in the first wave

On the other hand, there are stories that Ukraine understood the tactics the Russians would use and that their supply lines would be stretched and have been taking out the logistics behind the tanks leaving them isolated and no irony intended, short of fuel

Who knows but I don't think it's going quite to plan

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â