Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

22 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Is that fact, rumour or speculation?

Just wondering how true it is?

Also if true, did someone not realise that 5/6 were not operational?

It was acknowledged last year there were some engine problems with them specifically if they went to areas of high temperature .

Long as they haven’t decided to take the engine out of all of them at the same time , they could in theory deploy them still  , long as the sun doesn’t come out for too long :)

the operational one was the the one in the news the other month when it “accidentally “ went into Russian territorial  waters

Edited by tonyh29

16 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Is that fact, rumour or speculation?

Just wondering how true it is?

Also if true, did someone not realise that 5/6 were not operational?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/royal-navy-ministry-of-defence-russia-pip-tobias-ellwood-b2009369.html

All six Royal Navy destroyers in port amid heightened tensions with Russia

All six of the Royal Navy’s state-of-the-art Type 45 destroyers are currently docked in port, at a time of heightened tensions with Russia

The guided-missile destroyers have been plagued by engine issues since they were launched, with ships in the class now undergoing a power improvement project (PIP).

Announced in 2018, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) said it is intended to “provide a robust solution to the power and propulsion issues observed in Type 45”.

The Defence Select Committee warned in December 2021 that the “low availability of the UK’s Type 45 destroyers and recognised issues in their propulsion systems are a major cause for concern

It is understood that HMS Defender and Diamond are “at notice to sail”, but remain alongside.

Tom Sharpe, a former Royal Navy Commander, told the PA news agency that availability is “unlikely to improve any time soon”.

The chairman of the Defence Select Committee, Tobias Ellwood told the PA news agency: “The inability for any of our six Type 45 Destroyers to put to sea is a reflection of just how small our surface fleet has become.

HMS Diamond finally sailed today after a couple of extra days delay because of "Technical Difficulties" 

I wouldn't be at all suprised if she broke down en route. 

Defender remains in port whilst a war rages in Europe. Who knows why despite the statement she's "at notice to sail" 

The other 4 aren't going anywhere soon. 

It's a scandal and an embarrassment. 

• Thanks 1

This aggression is really quite a spectacle. Putin is crazed. It's a big problem. He's already threatened nukes. He's using cluster bombs and chemical agents are their forte. Bombing schools and threatening other countries. Unbelievable that we could have a massive, protracted land war in Europe. But totally believable as well, I suppose. Human beings will always fail like this. I admire Mr. Zelensky. He's comporting himself well under immense pressure and personal danger. It angers me that they are targeting him for execution. He doesn't deserve this indignity. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Interesting seeing that Rubio is on the Senate Intelligence committee.

I wonder what they know or think they know.

"I wish I could share more"

WTF

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Awol said:

That’s not how this is going down Mike. We have known for gold-plated certain that this invasion was happening since last Oct. various reps have been in the international media since then warning  of it. 

Since then our people have done a no BS assessment of Ukraine’s prospects. Conclusion: Russia will eventually win a conventional war. US, UK and a small handful of others have been preparing for months to fund, organise and equip a huge insurgency. Ukraine is the size of Western Europe. Russia has deployed enough troops to occupy Belgium. Ukraine has mobilised its entire male population aged 18-60. 

It’s going to be ugly & bloody, but the Ukrainian people are going to liberate themselves and end Vladimir Putin’s regime. They deserve and they will get every support we can give without provoking WW3.

I so hope this is true. 

I wonder what is going on, maybe they are not interested in street fighting and looking to encircle Kyiv and focus on occupation of Ukraine East of the river.

If they go with a prolonged street to street battle in increases the troubles for Putin in years ahead as there will be armed insurgency against the occupying force. Whatever puppet he puts in place will struggle to turn Ukraine into a Belarus type puppet state.

If they encircle Kyiv it'll stop routes of escape for the President and government. So that might be the plan first before the final assault.

Edited by CVByrne

19 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I wonder what is going on, maybe they are not interested in street fighting and looking to encircle Kyiv and focus on occupation of Ukraine East of the river.

If they go with a prolonged street to street battle in increases the troubles for Putin in years ahead as there will be armed insurgency against the occupying force. Whatever puppet he puts in place will struggle to turn Ukraine into a Belarus type puppet state.

If they encircle Kyiv it'll stop routes of escape for the President and government. So that might be the plan first before the final assault.

They will surround it - and threaten to bomb it into oblivion unless Ukraine surrender.

From a PR perspective Ukraine is doing everything right, picking off planes at night and protracting fighting by only engaging where Russia can’t pummel them from the air.

Tanks are fairly useless inside big cities, so either Putin bombs civilians into oblivion or the fighting turns extremely bloody for both sides.

How many troops can Putin afford to lose?

25 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Seems they did not. 

It did not go well for them at all (Rus) as far as I can ascertain from the internet.

- There are a few videos of a Ukrainian sniper (Woman) taking out soldiers (I think 3 or 4).  (The Russian soldiers don't seem the Ultimate fighting force so far.  1 of them literally stood up to help his dead colleague and got his head took off.)

- There is a long video of the aftermath of a pop up ambush where at least 20 Russians literally got set on fire or shot.  I think 1 survived for a short while.  (Took all their comms / Ammo / weapons',  small victory but they don't mess around thats for sure, and definitely know what they are doing, they are not scared.)

I honestly think Putin thought they would roll over with 24H waving Russian flags and throwing flowers on the tanks.  Any window or roof or basement can have a tank killing missile waiting for the Russian troops.  

Tactically this is an armies worst nightmare and unless he carpet bombs cities this is going to be longer than anyone could fear.

Ukraine will lose but will take as many enemies with it as possible.

2 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

From a PR perspective Ukraine is doing everything right, picking off planes at night and protracting fighting by only engaging where Russia can’t pummel them from the air.

Tanks are fairly useless inside big cities, so either Putin bombs civilians into oblivion or the fighting turns extremely bloody for both sides.

How many troops can Putin afford to lose?

Things might already be getting sweaty for Putin.  According to rumours, Kazakhstan have denied his request to send troops. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â