• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

"We'll counter Russia's lies" - UK PM

The UK will work with allies to target Russian finances, Boris Johnson tells the House of Commons.

The PM promises to counter "the Kremlin's blizzard of lies and disinformation". 

We can do lies and disinformation better than you, Vlad. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Good to see in the UK there are still two legitimate political parties  In the USA we have the vile fascist Republicans who are, you guessed it, siding with Putin against Biden. Makes me want to vomit.

Starmer’s doing great, even Blackford is saying the right things. It is good to see from here, too.

• Like 1

Despite a lot of noise is the west doing anything that will actually stop this ?

BJ is spouting 'tough sanctions' to anyone who will listen - but in reality its like turning up at an earthquake site with a dustpan and brush. 

Russia produces 10 million barrels of oil per day. Russian gold reserves are 2,300 tonnes. If oil goes up $10 per barrel, Russia adds $3 billion per month. If gold rises 10%, Russia adds $15 billion. Russia doesn’t feel any pain, just profit.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Not sure how true mind

Yeah, call bullshit on that. They know why they're there. But I do think it's likely that a significant number of them don't want to be.

Edited by maqroll

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Despite a lot of noise is the west doing anything that will actually stop this ?

BJ is spouting 'tough sanctions' to anyone who will listen - but in reality its like turning up at an earthquake site with a dustpan and brush. 

Seemed to me like Boris and the US plan is to impose sanctions that if they don't piss vlad off they will at least punish and piss off the Russian rich and influential, might not be enough to stop vlad but I'm sure he'll have some moaners in his camp, if they can successfully find a sanction that hits the general public then maybe vlad won't have enough popularity at home to carry on

Or he'll bomb Pearl Harbour... 

33 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Good to see in the UK there are still two legitimate political parties  In the USA we have the vile fascist Republicans who are, you guessed it, siding with Putin against Biden. Makes me want to vomit.

Same. I actually feel nauseous about it. The GOP is the enemy of every global citizen who cares about democracy and climate action. 

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Maybe. But a full invasion of Ukraine seemed unlikely 2 weeks ago. He's crazy.

I'm not trying to police the conversation, and it's really nice to see you back on here, but I honestly don't think this kind of threat inflation is a good idea. Absolutely nothing has been said by Russia about these countries; these countries are NATO members; an attack on them would potentially or even likely be the beginning of a shooting war with Russia with a chance of leading to nuclear armageddon.

I think it's better, on the whole, to just stick with what's actually happening. That's bad enough.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â