• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Putin says he will send "Peace Keepers" into the Donbar region and in actuality bombs several Ukrainian cities. He isn't going to stop there - he sees Eastern Europe as up for grabs. 

China will watch the West's response and if it's deemed to be weak they'll go for Taiwan. Who knows what the nutter in N Korea will do but it looks like WWIII is no longer a tongue in cheek possibility.

• Like 2

I for one woke with a strange feeling in my stomach this morning. Yesterday, I saw 5 attack helicopters sweep in full Apocalypse Now formation across the mountains and over the city centre of Sofia. Obviously on some sort of exercise/training manoeuvre but it was scarily weird.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Putin says he will send "Peace Keepers" into the Donbar region and in actuality bombs several Ukrainian cities. He isn't going to stop there - he sees Eastern Europe as up for grabs. 

I think it's really unlikely that there would be a push into Eastern Europe - this isn't a land grab, or an effort at expansionism, it's a response to a perceived threat in Russia of Ukraine turning to the West. That's not to downplay it, Russia has decided to start a war with a sovereign nation on the edge of Europe - but I think the idea that they might push on into Poland, Latvia or Romania is a bit fanciful.

So I guess we'll now see a huge increase to the troop numbers we've been massing around Ukraine and a massive increase in the US military presence in central/Eastern Europe - with all the attendant risks that that brings. We just have to hope that neither side gets too twitchy on the trigger finger.

I always think that the cold war, whilst it was a bitter time, was in the hands of adults that understood consequence. Even then we were at times lucky to avoid a nuclear conflict. Looking at Putin and the modern day landscape of American politics, it looks like we might be about to enter an era of nuclear brinkmanship managed by egomaniacs, nutters and religious crackpots - it's a scary time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

China will watch the West's response and if it's deemed to be weak they'll go for Taiwan. Who knows what the nutter in N Korea will do but it looks like WWIII is no longer a tongue in cheek possibility.

I don't worry about China. I agree with you he will push for eastern Europe if he can. He even name checked Poland , Hungary and Romania in his insane speech. He is the new European mad dictator.  If some Russian patriot doesn't stop him then Russia  , and sadly ,occupied Ukraine is in for a very very dark few years. 

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He isnt using nukes, he will destroy the planet. Even his own military will turn on him if he tries that as he will wipe us all out

I agree. Biden laughed at him the other day for mentioning them. Given Biden has been proven 100% correct so far I believe him.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So I guess we'll now see a huge increase to the troop numbers we've been massing around Ukraine and a massive increase in the US military presence in central/Eastern Europe - with all the attendant risks that that brings. We just have to hope that neither side gets too twitchy on the trigger finger.

I always think that the cold war, whilst it was a bitter time, was in the hands of adults that understood consequence. Even then we were at times lucky to avoid a nuclear conflict. Looking at Putin and the modern day landscape of American politics, it looks like we might be about to enter an era of nuclear brinkmanship managed by egomaniacs, nutters and religious crackpots - it's a scary time.

I think the consequence of this will be that countries that over the last few years have reduced their armed forces and let their equipment fall into a state of disrepair have now got to spend more money on their own defence. At the risk of sounding very much like a former president! 

Ukraine needs as much support as it can get. We need to keep them fighting this oppressive idiotic man. Apparently Ukraine's new SAM systems have shot down 5 aircraft, probably a loss that Putin didn't expect at all.

The decider here will be how dogged Ukraine's people will be. They need to be given every chance to make every meter of Russian territory gained extremely costly for Putin. When the losses start to mount for Russian families the pressure will also increase on dictator Putin. Make it Russia's Vietnam.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â